the Rift

the climb [ Eva/Foothills leader ]

Validino Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The sun glared from atop its cloudy throne, rays thrown askew to beat down. The red stallion and his red colt walk, nearing the meeting of sky and mountain as it shields easily from trespassers. Cyrus, on weak three-month legs, struggled in front of his gallant father who was wise about conserving energy. Validino watched his son with tired teal eyes, as he knew his lover and daughter hiked much further below. He knew he'd have trouble keeping up with the little ones as they journeyed effortlessly, prime in their youth. But now he saw past the boundless energy, to a weak helpless thing that wearily staggered along the rocks. The stallion shifted into a jolty uphill trot, moving up to his son to push him gently with his nose. "You were the one who wanted to race up here." Dino says affectionately, while Cyrus keeps his teal gaze fixed on the mountain, intimidated because he can't see past the thick layer of cloud. The boy glances at his father, unsure of what to say. The bay just laughs and pushes him this time with the black of his muzzle. "Come on, going down won't be so hard." Dino hopes his words are real, and waves his horn up to the sky.

Cyrus whines, but is silenced by the annoyed grumble of his father, who insisted that the mountain would be much bigger than it looked. It only took the ignorant persuasion of his beloved son to haul himself up at a steady canter. They were both panting and horribly sweating. The clouds enveloped them in a cloudy mist that cooled them, but at the same time heated them as the sun's fingers found their darkened backs. Even as much as Cyrus loved the sun, he couldn't help but feel weakened by its undeniable power. Exchanging subtle glances, they both came to the simple decision of stopping and waiting for Evangeline and Aylin.

""

Validino & Cyrus
through the storm we reach the shore

Gossamer the Benevolent Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: 13
Illusion{Illu}
Through the mist a pearlescent mare, regal and white, emerges in silence, a breeze momentarily blowing back the thick overhang. Though regal, her expression momentarily shows surprise at being, well, surprised. She had not been searching with her mind for anyone nearby so slow has the stream of visitors been with the heat lately. Though these two had obviously braved the heat for some reason or another and paid for it. They looked hot and tired and careworn. She strides over with delicate, but strong steps. While her bearing is strong and regal her eyes are young and kind. Small wrinkles appear at the corner of these eyes as she looks down at the little, tired colt before she smilingly looks up at the father.
"Greetings traveler, I am Gossamer the Benevolent, head Chieftess of these Foothills. I rule alongside Smoke the Wild Rose and my mate Indy the Righteous. What brings you all the way up here during these hot times?" her eyes are kind and she knows that, even should these horses be intruders, she will offer them a moments respite at the Waterfall clearing. While certainly diminished, it still creates the coolest air in her land.

Smoke the Wild Rose Posts: 128
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 10 Buff: SWIFT
Zaffre :: Common Blue Dragon :: Fire Breath Kachie
"Validino." The voice which spoke his name was full of warmth and welcome, preceeding the appearance of the grulla mare who broke from the shadowy embrace of trees and underbrush. "And... Cyrus, wasn't it?" She smiled to them both, then reached out to nudge Gossamer's shoulder. "They are friends of mine, Gossamer. I imagine they've come seeking refuge from this tallsun."

Dark eyes returned to the unicorn stallion, then drifted past him to the path up which he'd trekked with the young colt. "I assume Evangeline and your daughter are not far behind?" She inquired as her gaze returned to him. Already she had wings in the sky, and the blue was briefly observable above as he wheeled through the sunlit air before gliding further a-field.

Back veered Smoke's attention to pale Gossamer. "They were once of Isilme as well. The Woodlands." Her explanation was simple, though she certainly appeared quietly pleased with herself.

Evangeline Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Tell me you won't give up cause I'll be waiting if you fall
Oh you know I'll be there for you

"It's not much farther now." Evangeline said to her daughter, gently nudging the small filly's rump. She looked wilted in the heat and it had Evangeline more worried than it normally did. Her daughter's dark coat was not meant to expel the heat, but rather absorb it. Heat exhaustion was a very real possibility and Evangeline knew that she needed to find water soon. She wished that Dino wouldn't have gone on ahead of her. They could have stood together to provide more shade for their young daughter to walk in.

Tallis flew ahead of them, searching for water for his bonded and her daughter. He could see it and smell it and so he sent the message back to Evangeline who nudged Aylin once more. "Tallis found water." She smiled gently at her daughter who, at the mention of water, began to walk with renewed purpose.

The dragon continued his flight, soon setting his black eyes upon Validino and Cyrus below as well as a white mare and her blue. He began his descent just as a mare and dragon he recognized arrived. Tallis trilled to them before landing atop Validino's rump. Tallis made a series of chirps and trills to his bonded's mate and other child in greeting then moved to position himself on Dino's neck so he could peer between the unicorn's ears at the other mares.

Moments later Evangeline and Aylin crested the hill, both looking relieved to see the other pair. Upon reaching them Eva greeted both Dino and her son with gentle nuzzles and an affectionate whicker. Aylin touched her muzzle to her brother's before positioning herself in her father's shadow and laying down to rest while the adults did their meet and greet.

"Smoke." Evangeline said, offering the other mare a kind smile. "It's good to see you and Zaffre again. I hope you're both doing well despite the heat." She then looked to the white mare and dipped her head, recognizing her as a leader. "I am Evangeline the Pure, once leader of the Mystic Woodlands of Isilme." she introduced herself. "And these are my children, Aylin and Cyrus, my mate Validino, and my dragon Tallis."

Validino Posts: N/A
Unregistered

It was not a long wait before the frosty white mare arrived. Validino's kind eyes greeted her on their own as she spoke, and Cyrus peeked around from behind to watch the encounter. While she spoke, he couldn't help but hear a buzzing worry flee from the back of his mind. He worried about how far behind Evangeline and Aylin were, but when he heard that Smoke also was head of the territory he was pulled away from the worry. 'At least there is someone I know.'

"Hello, Gossamer. I'm Validino and this is Cyrus." He gently waved his boney horn, gesturing to the red child. "We aren't all arrived yet, my mate Evangeline and our girl, Aylin are still making their way up." A teal eye saught out Cyrus. They should have stuck together, and Validino's worry made itself clear as he glanced back down the winding path.

Cyrus stiffened at Validino's flank as he saw the smoky mare emerge from the veiling mountain mist. The unicorn stallion's ears perked as he heard his name, and he was immediately happy to see someone he knew. Cyrus was excited to hear his name, and he emerged from his father's shy shadow. "Ah, Smoke." His voice rolled with the same welcoming tone. "They're on their way. And they shouldn't be too far now." As soon as the last word took flight, Tallis landed, frisky on his back. Dino was still getting used to Tallis and his sneaky ways of landing, so he jumped a little as the orange dragon found a place in his mane. Evangeline's darkened hide appeared as well, and with an apologetic smile he touched her nose with his. Cyrus on the side, greeted his sister, and took place with her in Dino's shadow.

Validino let Evangeline speak to the white leader while he nuzzled Aylin and quietly apologized for leaving her and her mother behind. He could hear the gush of a waterfall nearby, so he knew they were all in for a drink. His gaze returned to Smoke and Gossamer, and after his mate finished speaking he answered an earlier question. "We've decided to shelter out from the heat. Living outcasted is a dangerous way to raise children, and we've come to the realization that herd life would be more promising." He eyed Evangeline gingerly, allowing her to make up for any holes in his speech.

""

Validino & Cyrus
through the storm we reach the shore

Eios Posts: N/A
Unregistered
{as gossamer}

The white mare smiles at the lovely mare who joins the meeting and at the pretty little filly whom she'd already met, she believes, and then looks at the stallion again as he speaks to her of entering the herd. She speaks then, "Any friend of Smoke is more than welcome to find shelter here, just as any horse in need of shelter is welcome." She stops and looks at them both before glancing over at Smoke, "Shall we head to the waterfall?"