the Rift

Born of Ash [Darwin, Wilder, & Sons]

Darwin Posts: 74
World's Edge Protector atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Antaa :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix Skylark

Terra cotta lids slammed shut over my stormy pools as the world around me turned from that of nothing but darkness to glowing with an orange and red shine, a feeling of pure curiosity that only a child of my age could have crossed through my tiny being as to why the creature who had awoken me from the darkness in the first place had bounded backwards as if in pain. The glowing world around me was something I was beginning to find comforting and not as…terrifying as the others seemed to believe it to be.
In the midst of my glowing something clicked in the infantile cranium of mine, if I were to survive, to live past this one already eventful day I was going to need to somehow pull my awkward limbs out from beneath me and instead use them to support my slender figure that showed the Arabian blood that raced through my veins. With a snort and a flick of the brush that hung from my spinal cord my limbs that were almost as feathered as the strange appendages that grew from my shoulders, almost as soon as my hooves were settled properly on the ground the orangey glow around me disappeared and the world was once again swallowed up by the darkness of the place that my dam had decided to drop me.
Terra cotta lids once again flickered over my pools, sending me into a world of disorient for a second or two before sliding back to reveal the storm cloud hues once more, this time though they settled upon the form of the black feline who crouched not too far from where my hooves stood solidly planted in the ground. Something instinctual told me that the feline was something important to me, what exactly it was the odd creature was supposed to be though was something that I couldn’t quite wrap my mind around just yet. The sound of hooves hitting against the rocky terrain around me caused my ebony tipped harks to swivel around before settling off to the side in a comical fashion when something touched my flame hued coat. Jumping slightly I turned my dished crown to lock stormy hues with the blue ones of someone that I felt an instant connection with.
”What will you call him?” Something about the lyrics made my skin crawl, maybe it was the quite way the words rang out or even the fact that someone had finally decided to break the silence in the surrounding area. ”Darwin.” A strong voice bellowed out from somewhere behind me and caused me to once again spin around, clumsy still on my hooves it wasn’t as graceful as the movements that I would be able to pull off once I reached the full grown state. Flicking my brush of a tail once more I peered at the silvery steed who happened to also have wings, snorting I looked around to see that two others had joined our little party. All male. Why are they looking at me as if I am some poor creature who had just been murdered? Thoughts similar to that and some random foal-ish nonsense ran through my mind over and over again when suddenly a pang of some kind of pain wrecked through my barrel.
A look of surprise crossed over my childish features as I turned to look bewilderedly at my slender, wing covered barrel. What was that? And how would I stop that annoyance from taking over me once more?

"Speech"
[Tag : Everyone w. The Brothers and Mandrake ]
[Words : 5 . 8 . 9 ]
[Muse : Whatever was coming on my stereo and all of your wonderful posts~ ]
[Notes : Bleck, I’m not sure how I feel about it. It’ll get better once I get more into his character<3 ]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Born of Ash [Darwin, Wilder, & Sons] - by Kipp - 03-31-2013, 10:19 PM
RE: Born of Ash [Darwin, Wilder, & Sons] - by Casimir - 04-28-2013, 05:25 PM
RE: Born of Ash [Darwin, Wilder, & Sons] - by Darwin - 05-03-2013, 01:23 PM
RE: Born of Ash [Darwin, Wilder, & Sons] - by Tajheri - 05-05-2013, 11:29 AM
RE: Born of Ash [Darwin, Wilder, & Sons] - by Kipp - 05-13-2013, 08:12 PM
RE: Born of Ash [Darwin, Wilder, & Sons] - by Casimir - 05-16-2013, 03:56 AM
RE: Born of Ash [Darwin, Wilder, & Sons] - by Casimir - 05-18-2013, 03:58 AM