the Rift

Born of Ash [Darwin, Wilder, & Sons]

Casimir Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
OCC Note: It's a gruesome post, read on if you dare. Probably not best for 13 year olds.

The night grew cold, and it was something that I rarely experienced. I moved along at a slow pace, darkness trailing on my heels as I made my way around the land, poised in form, and trying to make it back home before the moon rose. A stiff breeze blew and ran beside me, and I shivered a bit from the cold that arose. I was somewhere in the forest, the insects purring as the night grew, but soon they stopped. It was getting colder, and I did not know why. And suddenly, I walked through a patch of trees, the moon shining full and open above me, making the small clearing I arrived in a moonlit paradise. I stepped into it, not thinking about if I was exposed, only that there was light for me to lead, and that I could see where I was.

But something disturbing met my ears. I could hear commotion from a distance away, and I looked out, trying to find out where I was. It took me quite a while to find the right direction, having to look all around the circle to finally get the point where it was surly echoing. I could see fire, bright fire, and I knew I was by the Heart that breathed throughout Helovia. But my curiosity got the best of me, and I drove myself over there. There was a path that seemed to be lit of fire, and it guided me along my way. The sound grew as I stumbled closer, and a strange feeling came over me. I stopped, quietly listening to the voices. They sounded familiar, almost too much so, and the thoughts of my brethren being out here in the middle of the night were almost too coincidental.

And then I arrived, looking out as my brothers lay before him. I watched as Evers ran away…with a foal? Mandrake was lying on the ground, and I could tell she had just given birth, for she looked weakened and pathetic. But who was the father? But in a moment, none of that mattered, and questions stopped forming in his mind all together. I saw them move, move towards Mother with a fast paced fury, a bloody fury. But wait…I was down there. But…that wasn’t possible. Why was I down there when I was clearly standing on the ledge? This sprung my body into action, to see what this impostor was doing in my place. But what I saw stopped my hooves again, dead in my tracks, sinking into the ash that clouded the floor. They were after Mother, and myself and my brothers made their way to her, to end her long bloody life. I watched in utter horror as my mother was slain, and the split second of herself making her final and killing move on Wilder. I stood, silent as they fell to the Earth, blood splattered on the hot ground of the Heart. I stood for another moment, almost unable to breathe. My body started to shake, in patterns; shaking a little, then stopping for a moment, and then shaking harder. I could feel myself slipping, and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

A scream echoed across the heart, and I didn’t realize I was the one screaming. I ran full force to where my brothers stood, no mind to think with. I wanted to kill, to kill them all. I when for myself first, and I could see in his own eyes that he was surprised to see a mirror version of himself. But I was the real Casimir, and he would know that before he died. I slowed down time, feeling the magic go through me, and he sped it up, but it was no good. He went straight for his jugular, tearing his out with all my might. Blood sank into my mouth, and spewed from his open veins as I closed my eyes. I could both feel and see the blood that covered my white coat. He lay dead before my hooves, and I licked my lips, the blood sliding down my throat. But I wanted more. I started to drink his blood, tearing his throat more, eating and drinking what was offered there. And then I used my fore hooves, sinking them into his head. His skull shattered, and his brain leaked out, and I laughed, my chest heaving with an insane crazy laughter. I turned on my brothers now, someone else entirely: only a killer. I moved toward them in a craze, moving by them as I make my way towards Mother and Wilder’s bodies. I only lash out, not trying to hit them, for they are much too sloppy and won’t do any damage.

Mother. Wilder. They lay dead on the ground, blooding seeping from their veins. A waste, in my mind, but I could utter no words. Instead, I open my maw wide and drink, drink from my brother’s body first, then the open wound his in own mother’s neck that my other half caused. Or was it a delusion, and I’m simply trying to say I didn’t do it? I look back at his body, and I know it was no myself that killed her, but I almost wish it were. I pound at the earth, stomping my hooves and sounding a war cry, something that has never echoed from my pale lips before. I dip my hoof in the poodle of blood, and make signs on my body. I continue the dance, and I eventually roll around in the blood. I make a final war cry, before things around me start to blur. I feel sick, very sick. I am suddenly on my knees, trying to cough up blood and flesh for the first time in my life. But nothing streams from my body, aching and trying to push it out, but nothing comes, and my stomach twists in pain. I am dizzy, and I roll around on the ground. I call my Kipp, for Emerson, even for Archibald. I try to stand up again, but I tumble over, falling on my side.

In my desperation, I call for my dead mother, and I start crying, and at that moment in time, I am unaware of why. My mother, who birthed me, who loved me, who blinded me, who turned me into a killer and made me do her bidding. My loving, hating, whore of a mother. Where was my mother?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Born of Ash [Darwin, Wilder, & Sons] - by Kipp - 03-31-2013, 10:19 PM
RE: Born of Ash [Darwin, Wilder, & Sons] - by Casimir - 04-28-2013, 05:25 PM
RE: Born of Ash [Darwin, Wilder, & Sons] - by Tajheri - 05-05-2013, 11:29 AM
RE: Born of Ash [Darwin, Wilder, & Sons] - by Kipp - 05-13-2013, 08:12 PM
RE: Born of Ash [Darwin, Wilder, & Sons] - by Casimir - 05-16-2013, 03:56 AM
RE: Born of Ash [Darwin, Wilder, & Sons] - by Casimir - 05-18-2013, 03:58 AM