the Rift

The night is dark and full of terrors [Sun God]

Keahi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
She glides rather than walks upon the lands to the Gods. Her black hide shines like polished gems under the strong sunlight of midday, lobes pointed forward as cloven hooves bring her closer to the shrine of the Sun God. Emerald eyes are cast on the ground before her, cranium lowered respectfully to the presence of Gods. Keahi stands for a moment; she knows not if this will work, but at least her heart is true. Hopefully, the Sun God will know.

"I most humbly request your presence, Heart of Fire, father of all things. I have a wish, and I hope you will take a moment to listen," she says, melodic chords ringing softly across the land. Amber speckled optics rest on the shrine patiently, very unlike her character, but she knows that no good will come from rushing the divines. Her entire life, she has been a faithful servant of the God of the Sun. Not she hopes to have some in return for her lifelong devotion.

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

I'll never see any side of heaven
I'll walk for miles through a blazin' hell

She called upon him humbly, requesting his appearance and so he appeared before her in a flurry of heat and fire. "Keahi." He spoke her name smoothly as his golden eyes traced over her feminine form. It was this minx that had caused such distress in the leader of his sister's land. She had amused him greatly, but he was also a bit disgusted that she would lower herself to flirting with moon filth.

"Speak up, girl." He spoke again. "What do you want?" They all came for something. None of them ever simply came to pray. They always wanted magic or a companion, but that also benefitted him. He could send them out to do his dirty work.

Unregistered
He appears before her, and she is stunned to silence. Her emerald optics barely dare glancing at him, yet she forces herself to look him in those fierce eyes. If she is going to ask something of him, at least she will have the courtesy of looking at him while talking. She is not surprised that he knows her name, for she has prayed to him many times, and he must know that she is one of his. He doesn’t have to encourage her any further in order to get her to speak, for she does not wish to take up his time. “Lord of Light, I stand before you, hoping that you will bless me with a piece of your formidable powers. I was attacked by a stallion of the name Mauja. He used his vile magic to assault me, unmotivated, like a disgusting craven of darkness,” she speaks, choosing her words carefully.

It is my hope that you will grant me powers to bring this right. To show the creatures of shadow that they only exist because of you, that there would be no night without day and that they must always bow to the powers of the Heart of Fire,” she says. “I know that such a request comes with a price. Just as You know that I will make the sacrifice, Heavenly Father. Whatever You ask of me,” she says, true in her heart.

[OOC: Specifically requesting the power to shoot pillars of flame from the ground, as a counter-magic to Mauja ^^]

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

I'll never see any side of heaven
I'll walk for miles through a blazin' hell

"Unmotivated?" Now he wouldn't go so far as to say that Mauja's attack on the mare had been unmotivated. "You flirted with the darkness, Keahi, and it bit back." He reminded her, his tone becoming harsh as he reminded her of what she had done. Even if the spectacle was amusing to him, he still did not approve of his followers flirting with the moon followers nor did he approve of them breeding.

His ears tilted forward as he listened, now, to her request and her promise to make the sacrifice that would come with the promise of power. He can tell that what she says is the truth and so he takes one step toward her. "To receive the magic you want, you must travel to the World's Edge. You will find the outside border burned. Roll in the ashes then go deeper into the Edge and set fire to the untouched trees. Once you have set fire to them return to me and you will receive your magic."

Unregistered
She bows her head under his harsh words, like a child being scolded by a parent. She still considers flirting a minor offence compared to bodily harm, but she knows better than to talk back to him. Instead, her lobes perk forward as he gives her her task. A sleek smile spreads on her velveteen kissers. What a great idea.

"I shall be most honored to do your bidding, Heavenly Father. I will see You before long," she sings, backing away slowly and bowing, before whirling on her hocks and darting in the other direction, returning to the Foothills. This is something she has to think through carefully; anything rash could very well cost her life once she crossed that border to the Edge.