the Rift

Damned if I do [open]

Korra Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

She smelled her before she could see her. The savage raised her head high, nares flaring as they caught the smell of predator. Her natural instincts told her to get the hell out of there, but Korra was hardened. It wouldn’t be the first time she’d stood face to face with a wolf, and they’d always come up short if they tried anything with her. Flicking her tail, she stared coldly as the creature moved closer, seeing that this was nothing like the wolves she was used to; this one was more elongated in its limbs, a strange creature to look at. A harsh snort emitted her, aside from her flicking lobes, she did not move. Her muscles flexed under her scarred skin, not many grams of fat on her warrior’s body. If she could’ve heard Arathea’s thoughts, she would have laughed; certainly, it wouldn’t be the first time someone had come to that conclusion, but Korra was unicorn through and through, and darn proud of it.

The wolf stopped and sat down, something very out of character for any canine she had encountered, so the savage tossed her head restlessly. Maybe she had hoped the other would charge her; anything other than sitting down to talk. The question phrased made her chuckle dryly, brown eyes hard as they stare down the stranger. "What’s it to you, wolf?" she rasped, voice hoarse but cutting through the chill air icily. The barbarian rarely spoke in anything but grumbling sneers, not much louder than a whisper, but powerful nonetheless. That was when valiant Mauja showed up, worry painted on his handsome face, not something Korra enjoyed seeing. The savage had kept to herself, but solitude had helped her pull through, as always. It never occurred to her that anyone would worry about her, and she certainly hadn’t thought to leave word of where she was headed. None of the things she had done was meant to do harm; being compassionate just wasn’t the Korra way. If Mauja thought real hard, he’d know Korra wasn’t one to talk about… You know, feelings.

The barbarian liked the tall, blonde brute, she respected him, and maybe you could go as far as to call it trust. But the fact that he had come all the way up here surprised her; whether it was in the search of her, she didn’t know, but she had her suspicions. The shaggy garron turned her head as he called out for her, brown eyes thawing as she saw his white frame, halting next to her. She reached out, nipping his nape as a greeting, realizing they must look queer standing next to one another. "This one is all bark no bite, I’m afraid," she commented, another dry chuckle emitting her. Just then, another unicorn joined them, a russet vixen that the savage had not previously encountered. Her easygoing, bold manner was the complete opposite way of Korra, and where as the savage had greeted Mauja the way brothers might, this fae was quite flirty. The antlered barbarian stiffened a little, other females weren’t the company she’d prefer, but Mauja seemed to know her, so Korra kept her mouth shut. "Why are you here?" she spoke, directed at Mauja, not looking at the stranger wench.

Messages In This Thread
Damned if I do [open] - by Korra - 07-10-2012, 05:46 PM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Arathea - 07-13-2012, 09:03 AM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Mauja - 07-13-2012, 11:18 AM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Lena - 07-13-2012, 12:39 PM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Korra - 07-19-2012, 10:24 AM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Arathea - 07-19-2012, 10:43 AM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Mauja - 07-20-2012, 02:19 PM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Lena - 07-23-2012, 07:11 AM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Korra - 07-28-2012, 03:11 AM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Mauja - 07-30-2012, 02:01 PM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Lena - 08-01-2012, 10:33 AM