Damned if I do [open]
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Mauja the FrostHeart
ice cold man watches earth die, eternal winter takes its reign

They became quite the party, and it was hard to tell who was the most confused of the quartet. The wolf-thing, for all the company she attracted. Korra, when Lena showed up. Mauja, at Lena and Korra being so sure the wolf-thing wasn't a threat. Lena was the only one who seemed unfazed by the queer situation, and for a brief moment Mauja had the irrational urge to sit down on his hind end and scream what's the meaning of this?! at the skies. He didn't, though, just let his ears casually slip forward. Once the danger was past - which it was, because the canine was trotting off across the slushy steppe, large paws spread out to stop her from sinking - he realized that he was flanked by mares. It was nearly flattering, but he also realized he'd totally ignored their greetings; Korra's had been gruff but kind in her own way, soldierly even, but Lena was like a spring wind, full of flowers, warmth and femininity. It was like having the ever-awkward, slightly cold tomboy on one side, and the happy, but not promiscuous, beautiful girl on the other. He blinked, and shifted, somewhat uncomfortable trapped between the pair. This wasn't what he had intended...

But, he might as well make the best of the situation. Korra had stiffened visibly when Lena showed up, and he had a feeling the savage wouldn't take too kindly to her happy, friendly demeanor. Korra seemed to prefer the company of gruff soldiers, where no one thought her off for being grumpy and unemotional. He couldn't possibly keep up two conversations at once, one on each side of him, and with a half-muted sigh he took a slight step backwards. "Korra, this is Lena, Lena, Korra," he said, hoping his presence between them would keep the warrior calm. The worst she could do was take off, in which case Mauja would take off too, and with his long legs he would probably overtake her. The question was, which one had the most stamina? He didn't want to find out, so he preferred if she'd stand in place. Oh, and she'd asked him something, hadn't he..? Thoughtfulness clouded his eyes for a moment as he played back the happenings. The wolf had taken a fair share of his attention, but he'd listened to them with half an ear at least. A slight frown creased his face before it came back to him. She'd just asked why he was here, an ordinary enough question... But his purpose hadn't been all that ordinary. It wasn't every day that he went looking for Korra.

"I was looking for you, actually," he admitted, not sure how she'd take having someone come all the way out here to see if she was okay. Korra was a very independent girl, but he hoped she had brains enough to know that he genuinely cared - about everyone in his herd, whether they stood by silently, shouted, or charged. "You just.. disappeared. I figured d'Art would've told me if he hadn't done a good enough job and you'd just taken off, so I wasn't exactly worried about you, just.. wanted to check that you were okay." It felt a bit foolish to stand there and admit it, but he hardly could've lied, now, could he? Oh I just happened to take a walk in your direction... Yeah, right. As if. He tilted his head the other way, to look at Lena. She seemed happier out here, where the Edge's ruin didn't weight on her exuberant spirit. "What about you? Why are you out here?" One blue eyed lingered on the horizon, flitting there on occasion to look at the tawny shape outlined there. She hadn't retreated too far, just enough to stop being an imminent threat. Mauja swore the thing would not take them by surprise if she intended harm, and thus kept an eye on her - but he allowed himself to focus mostly on the two mares at hand. It'd be interesting to see if they could interact, or if Korra would tear Lena apart...
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
Damned if I do [open] - by Korra - 07-10-2012, 05:46 PM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Arathea - 07-13-2012, 09:03 AM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Mauja - 07-13-2012, 11:18 AM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Lena - 07-13-2012, 12:39 PM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Korra - 07-19-2012, 10:24 AM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Arathea - 07-19-2012, 10:43 AM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Mauja - 07-20-2012, 02:19 PM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Lena - 07-23-2012, 07:11 AM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Korra - 07-28-2012, 03:11 AM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Mauja - 07-30-2012, 02:01 PM