the Rift

Damned if I do [open]

Korra Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Just as suddenly as she had approached, the wolf went on her way, obviously insecure about the others joining. The savage watched the canine sulk off, noticing that she did not go too far, just out of earshot. Korra was pretty sure she would’ve found the company of the wolf to be amusing, but her mind quickly drifted away onto more present matters. Mauja must’ve felt quite entertained, standing there and suddenly realizing that he was surrounded by females. Korra snorted to herself, feeling the awkwardness of the situation creeping up on her. All this mingling she’d rather be without, but Mauja obviously knew this russet vixen; it was plausible that she was even a new addition to the herd, as the savage smelt The Edge on her. The barbarian wished that the pale king had brought along Daltoff or another of the hardened warriors instead, but from the look on his face, she guessed that he hadn’t explicitly invited the stranger with. He introduced them, naming the other as Lena – not that names meant a whole lot to Korra, but at least they were practical. It was obvious now that this was one of her king’s followers, so the shaggy garron restrained herself from spewing too much venom; she would not damage anything that was Mauja’s.

The notion to simply walk off did occur to her, for she was utterly socially impaired and not so good at handling it, but for her king’s sake she stayed. At least she was loyal. When she discovered that he had actually gone looking for her, she frowned and snorted. Korra didn’t really know what to think, other than that it felt unnecessary that her king would go all the way out here. She wished she had just told him where she had gone, so he wouldn’t have had to trouble himself, but she wasn’t surprised. Mauja was a friendly soul, he had compassion for those of The Edge, and he would go a long way for them. The savage did not think him foolish, she felt more foolish on her own behalf really. "You worry too much," she croaked, shrugging her shoulders at his question. "I was thinking. And the heat was driving me insane," the savage said, which was a very vague answer, but an answer nonetheless. It would be a shame to call her a creature of many words, and she figured Mauja would understand. Right now, she didn’t care to elaborate, not with a stranger present.

Her brown optics fixated on the mare, her polar opposite, with distrust in her gaze. There was a change in her, Korra could tell, as if she’d restrained herself for her sake. The savage stood up straight, looking into those youthful eyes, but what she saw in them surprised her. The mare standing opposite of her was no stranger to hurt; she had seen her share of hardships. Her way of coping was one that Korra couldn’t understand, even if she tried. But knowing this, her eyes lost some of their sharp hardness. They were brothers now, bound together by Mauja and their home; maybe, one day her life would depend on this russet vix. She sure hoped not, but one couldn’t foresee the future. The other stepped closer respectfully; speaking words that made Korra emit a dry chuckle. A beautiful name? It was harsh name, a growl made for rough tongues. A barbarian’s name. But she did not comment, merely nodded curtly. Courtesies weren’t her strongest suit, and she peered at Mauja briefly, scowling uncomfortably. "Lena. Good to meet you" she rasped, quite cordially considering her general behavior. Her tail flicked across her scarred rump, restlessness and discomfort by the situation finding outlet in the swishing movement.

Messages In This Thread
Damned if I do [open] - by Korra - 07-10-2012, 05:46 PM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Arathea - 07-13-2012, 09:03 AM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Mauja - 07-13-2012, 11:18 AM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Lena - 07-13-2012, 12:39 PM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Korra - 07-19-2012, 10:24 AM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Arathea - 07-19-2012, 10:43 AM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Mauja - 07-20-2012, 02:19 PM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Lena - 07-23-2012, 07:11 AM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Korra - 07-28-2012, 03:11 AM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Mauja - 07-30-2012, 02:01 PM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Lena - 08-01-2012, 10:33 AM