the Rift

Damned if I do [open]

Korra Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Snow was not something that the garron paid much mind to. It came and it went with the seasons, it was no hinder to her surefooted nature. Korra preferred the colder months, and in her homeland, snowy days had outnumbered the summer ones. The slush of the steppe provided a cool relief first of all, and unlike Mauja, the savage wasn’t about to get worked up about the slippery ground. As with everything else, she did things in her own time, and a bit of melting snow wasn’t about to change that. Mauja seemed to be calming down she noticed, and along with him she felt an ease inside herself. Seeing her aim hit bull’s eye, the flustered expression in the king’s face was priceless. He turned and kicked snow up at her, which she quickly evaded, only catching some on her flank, a sharp snort of surprise escaping her.

Lena laughed and cajoled on the sideline, but when Korra looked for her, she was met by another siege of slush coming her way. The wetness hit right on her nape, and the savage shook her hide like a dog out of water. Flinging her antlers at the ground, she tossed snow at Lena and then jumped surprisingly gracefully out of reach. Brown pools darted to Mauja, voice rasping as she spoke. "Race you to the Edge. Both of you," she added, looking to Lena. And then, she was already off, taking great advantage of her sturdy footing. Relived by the cold slush and the darkening skies, she listened to hear hooves chasing behind her. In the dark, it could be potentially dangerous to gallop around the Steppe, so the garron chose what she knew to be a safe route, speeding up slightly as she went. Lena and Mauja were both taller than her and had longer strides, but she knew the forests and the landscape, which would be a large advantage in these parts of Helovia.

Her rapid strides carried her to the treeline, passing the Frozen Arch and turning left to the rocky path that led to the Edge. Korra was ready to go home, not wanting to give that blistering Sun God the pleasure of driving her out. He had already burned her home; it was hard to see how it could get any worse. Crossing the Edge border, she slowed to a trot, her body steaming in the chill evening air. Autumn was coming, and with it, her home would be a home once again.

[OOC: Korra out]

Messages In This Thread
Damned if I do [open] - by Korra - 07-10-2012, 05:46 PM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Arathea - 07-13-2012, 09:03 AM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Mauja - 07-13-2012, 11:18 AM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Lena - 07-13-2012, 12:39 PM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Korra - 07-19-2012, 10:24 AM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Arathea - 07-19-2012, 10:43 AM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Mauja - 07-20-2012, 02:19 PM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Lena - 07-23-2012, 07:11 AM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Korra - 07-28-2012, 03:11 AM
RE: Damned if I do [open] - by Mauja - 07-30-2012, 02:01 PM