the Rift

Glowing Bright [Thayne, Open]

Thayne Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
You're the Closest to Heaven That I'll Ever Be, And I Don't Want to Go Home Right Now
Perhaps, when Thayne was to look back on this situation, he would change how he went about announcing himself. It was a rather foolhardy move, he admitted, simply sneaking up on a trained warrior and her companion... But, alas, that was not now, and Thayne realized his mistake merely moments after he made it. His words, which had meant to be welcoming and kind, seemed to have the opposite effect as emerald orbs watched with shocked surprise as Lakota and her ivory companion both bolted to their feet. The polar bear cub, who's name Thayne did not know, growled at him in what was supposed to be a threatening way... But alas, the cub was just that; a cub, and in the Warlander's personal opinion, the sound made him look rather adorable. Still, the willingness to protect Lakota was commemorable.

It was then that those same, sheepish eyes turned to the said mare, and he reveled in her appearance. Tattered and uncertain she seemed, but he knew that deep down, she was so much more. While he knew her, Thayne found himself wanting to get to know her, on a far deeper level than the simple acquaintanship that they found themselves in. Lakota moved like a warrior, planting her legs firmly and spread far enough that should an attacker charge, she could fend them off in a show of dominance and prowess. Her slender, lavender irises caught his attention, drawing his gaze to meet with hers before that dark, dangerous look seemed to vacate everything that she was. She blinked at him, as if coming out of a strange daze spurred on by instinct rather than reason.

Knowing that he had startled her and her polar bear cub, Thayne spoke, his octaves dropping deeper in apology. Steely-grey ears tipped back slightly in a sheepish way, head dipping low so that the strands of his thick, ivory mane hung low beside his breast. "I apologize, Lakota, I didn't mean to startle you, or your magnificent friend." He paused, listening to her speak then, pleased that she had been well. For some odd reason, the thought caused relief to bubble up from the depths of his girth. "If I am intruding upon your personal time, I am willing to leave, if you'd like...?"

Then, the small, icy cub that had previously plopped down upon the ground to rest, seemed to rekindle the youthful energy that graced younglings and rose to his massive paws once more. He darted forward, and Thayne could easily read the excitement that played upon the cub's finely sculpted features. It was because of this that the large draft didn't bolt or step away when the polar bear cub came weaving through the thick, feathered pillars that made up the stallion's legs. A warm chuckle escaped Thayne's upturned lips, and his eyes drifted from the ivory youth's exhuberant play to Lakota's lean frame. His eyes met her lavender ones, and he smiled.

'I... I apologize that you caught me at such a time, it's not very respectable or flattering.'

Lakota's vocals, soft and lovely as they were, caused the steely Warlander's ears to flick forward, surprise evident in the softness of his green eyes. Did she think that her time of leisure and play would be looked down upon? Did she think that he would think less of her, simply becaus she decided to let down the heavy mantle that rested upon her shoulders and enjoy the simple things in life? It was the small things, Thayne had realized later in his life, that made being alive so wonderful.

Deciding to quell the worry that she might be feeling before it could further develop, Thayne gave his large head a soft shake, the elegant strands of his mane swaying slightly due to the motion. "No, Lakota, there's no need at all to apologize to me... It fills me with joy to see you so happy." A strange thing to say, indeed, but the truth nonetheless. "Call me foolish if you will, but I've been worried of your well-being since we parted ways. I'm relieved to see you so well." Not that he didn't believe that Lakota could handle herself... That wasn't what he meant at all. It was simply that, since their meeting, the lithe blue roan seemed to continuously pop up in the Warlander's head at the most unexpected of times.

His eyes lifted from the blue roan mare, roaming over the thick trees that blotted out the sun. It truly was remarkably cooler beneath this thick canopy of trees than it was on the outside of the grove... Perhaps he would continue to come here during the rest of Tallsun.

It was then that the draft dipped his head to the polar bear that played at his heels, that same, gentle smile pulling at his lips. "Your companion here is lovely... Could I ask his name?" Large hips shifted, a rear leg lifting slightly as he leaned further upon his left hind leg, a posture that spoke just how comfortable he was in Lakota's presence. And why shouldn't he be? She was an enigma, yes, but she was kind to him... That alone was wonderful to behold. Friends were few and far between for the silvered stag, especially here in Helovia... It would be nice to have a good friend to rely on.

"This place... Goodness, it's much cooler here than the rest of Helovia. I don't believe I've ever lived in a place where the heat of summer grows to be so unbearable." Thayne paused in his outloud musings, looking to Lakota and then flashing her a timid little smile. "If you're not busy, perhaps you and your lovely friend would like to spend the day with me? I've never been here before... It seems like the perfect place to relax."

thayne

Messages In This Thread
Glowing Bright [Thayne, Open] - by Lakota - 02-17-2013, 10:56 PM
RE: Glowing Bright [Thayne, Open] - by Nadira - 02-18-2013, 04:45 PM
RE: Glowing Bright [Thayne, Open] - by Thayne - 03-24-2013, 02:09 AM
RE: Glowing Bright [Thayne, Open] - by Lakota - 03-27-2013, 11:39 PM
RE: Glowing Bright [Thayne, Open] - by Thayne - 04-11-2013, 06:09 AM
RE: Glowing Bright [Thayne, Open] - by Lakota - 04-18-2013, 11:58 PM