the Rift

The rose's game [Open]

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Laughter continued to echo though out the forest,and it would continue until the flower had lured in his prey. The rose didn't have to wait long though until it's play toy had arrived. Hello? Is someone out there? Hello?The childlike laughter was cut of short to be replaced with a surprised sort of "Oh," noise. The sound had echoed round the forest so that it was almost impossible to know which direction the noise was truly coming from. The plant it's self remained still,as if no sound was coming out of it at all. This rose was not like any other rose,as you have probably gathered and as I have told you,it was here to play a game,and the stallion was the subject.

In the same child like voice it repeats the stallions speech."Hello?" It let the words echo round the forest before speaking again. "Is someone out there? Hello?" The words ring around the forest as the plant thinks. Yes,this plant can think. It has a mind of it's own with games of it's own. Messing games,games designed to mess with the mind,I know,because it has done it to me before.

This game was called Riddles.

Whispers echo though the forest from every direction. The flowers petals slowly start to drip red,each red tear rolling down a petal until it tumbles of,as if it was blood or ink. It laughs again,then speaks in it's child like voice. "Riddle me this." A breeze brushes past the stallion on both sides meeting above him to create a rusty iron gate with thorns and roses in weaved though it.

"I'm often seen around a lot, referred to many ways,
See me black and you may find misfortune haunts your days.
Tell a thing, that should have been kept quiet, to all around,
Then look inside the sack, there I'm no longer to be found.
Nosiness, prying, snooping, leaves me fearing, full of dread,
For all these things are likely to see me soon lying dead.
These clues combined should start to give a picture, an idea,
Of who or what I am, so can you tell me? Is it clear?"

Then the haunting laughter fills the air again.

"blah blah blah."

Messages In This Thread
The rose's game [Open] - by NPC - 02-18-2013, 09:15 AM
RE: The rose's game [Open] - by Apollo - 02-18-2013, 05:28 PM
RE: The rose's game [Open] - by NPC - 02-18-2013, 05:59 PM
RE: The rose's game [Open] - by Mesec - 02-18-2013, 06:43 PM
RE: The rose's game [Open] - by Frost Fyre - 02-18-2013, 07:12 PM
RE: The rose's game [Open] - by Apollo - 02-21-2013, 01:31 PM
RE: The rose's game [Open] - by NPC - 02-21-2013, 02:05 PM