the Rift

I am not evil, My heart is just gone

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

The ebony of his pelt was slicked across the muscle that rippled underneath it. He was practically twice her size and could easily do damage if he so chose. She knew this and did not pretend any different. She saw his stance, ready to attack at any provoking moment. But her words seemed to catch him off kilter, just enough to rethink his movement. She was not a mare to fight, or even to push another’s buttons to want to fight. The bloodless and pale mare had had enough of bloodshed in her lifetime already to not care for it, if it could be avoided at all costs.

As the stallion stood opposite of her, rearranging his position, she let the silence speak for itself. If she had truly wanted to, she could have ended things quickly and silently. But that was not her way. Though tiny compared to the giants that roamed these lands of Helovia, she held her own, and was very capable of battle, but when your heart wasn’t in it, or you simply just got sick and tired of it all, it soon became a burden one wished not to bear.

But the silence eventually had to end, as a young voice chirped behind her. An an instant flash, the stallion across the bank was confronting the young one who had caused a ruckus in the stillness. NADIRA winced, knowing full well the colt did not mean any harm by anything. And so the unicorn mare placed herself between the stallion and the tyke, like a protective mother bear, protecting her cub. Though the tyke was not hers, the circumstance still did not call for a fight, maybe more of an explanation. Turning her façade to the little colt, she gave him a look that said to be quiet for the time being.

Returning her gaze to the coal covered steed, she snorted and stamped her front left hoof with purpose into the soil. She let a steady set of sapphire icebergs settle on his darker ones.

“This is no place to dual out your differences. Please, he is just a tyke. Weren’t you young and reckless at some point?”

She stood her ground with fierceness that she had not dared present to any other here in Helovia since her arrival two seasons past. If there was one advantage she did have, it was her three-foot spear. It made up for her being vertically challenged otherwise. NADIRA didn’t want to use it, and didn’t want to remember the last time she did… or was that even possible? To remember past her childhood, trapped in a mortal’s body. Now was not the time to reminisce on the past. She had to defend the poor colt who hadn’t known any better.

“If you would, sir, a name? A name so I can put a name to a face. We can talk this over like adults.”

She would not allow herself to show the inkling of nervousness that trickled through her veins. If only Osiris would some how show up. It wasn’t like she needed back up, but he did something to her, and she wasn’t about to admit what it was, as she was hoping to avoid it at all costs. Those kind of feelings only led to one thing; disappointment and hurt. She would not fall for that again.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Messages In This Thread
I am not evil, My heart is just gone - by Diesel - 02-18-2013, 10:38 AM
RE: I am not evil, My heart is just gone - by Kovu - 02-18-2013, 11:35 AM
RE: I am not evil, My heart is just gone - by Diesel - 02-18-2013, 01:08 PM
RE: I am not evil, My heart is just gone - by Nadira - 02-18-2013, 03:33 PM
RE: I am not evil, My heart is just gone - by Kovu - 02-18-2013, 04:35 PM
RE: I am not evil, My heart is just gone - by Diesel - 02-20-2013, 11:29 AM
RE: I am not evil, My heart is just gone - by Kovu - 02-21-2013, 01:09 PM
RE: I am not evil, My heart is just gone - by Diesel - 02-22-2013, 02:23 AM