the Rift

I am not evil, My heart is just gone

Diesel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The female lurched between Diesel and his foe, halting all movement from him. He had no qualms about hurting the female; after all, just one more threat eliminated, but he wouldn’t engage both into a fight until he knew if this newcomer had an advantage like the horn atop the females head.

Then she spoke.

“This is no place to duel out your differences. Please, he is just a tyke. Weren’t you young and reckless at some point?”

Diesel drew back his lips at the female, baring his teeth in a feral manner. “Never.”

“If you would, sir, a name? A name so I can put a name to a face. We can talk this over like adults.”

The colt behind NADIRA piped up as well, his tone so very much lighter than NADIRA’s. Young with the absence of knowledge, Diesel thought.

“Yes, come on, a name!”

Now thoroughly angered, yet somehow intrigued, Diesel found himself attempting to respond. But his mouth…it wouldn’t move how he wanted. Instead of words pathetic grunts emerged.

Diesel cleared his throat; tried again.

This time, a quiet ‘D’ was clearly heard. He realized then that not speaking for a year and a half impaired his ability to talk.

Diesel froze; stilled. His heart-rate sped up; his ears flattened against his skull. Not being able to communicate…not being able to control something, was like shooting ice through his veins.

His silver eyes closed for one millisecond; one. No more, before his silver iris’s flashed brilliantly in a twitch of sunshine. Eyes closed, he drew in the ground with the edge of his hoof, his drawing gradually taking shape into glyphs. First a D, then the rest of his name followed, painstakingly spelling out Diesel.
When he was finished, Diesel’s sides quivered. Having his own body betray him like this; to let him forget the most basic thing simply from disuse….
It was wrong.

Yet he had to let his circumstances, for the first time in a long time, control him.

"?"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Messages In This Thread
I am not evil, My heart is just gone - by Diesel - 02-18-2013, 10:38 AM
RE: I am not evil, My heart is just gone - by Kovu - 02-18-2013, 11:35 AM
RE: I am not evil, My heart is just gone - by Diesel - 02-18-2013, 01:08 PM
RE: I am not evil, My heart is just gone - by Kovu - 02-18-2013, 04:35 PM
RE: I am not evil, My heart is just gone - by Diesel - 02-20-2013, 11:29 AM
RE: I am not evil, My heart is just gone - by Kovu - 02-21-2013, 01:09 PM
RE: I am not evil, My heart is just gone - by Diesel - 02-22-2013, 02:23 AM
RE: I am not evil, My heart is just gone - by Diesel - 02-26-2013, 07:55 AM
RE: I am not evil, My heart is just gone - by Diesel - 03-06-2013, 11:52 PM