the Rift

I am not evil, My heart is just gone

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

The tension that burdened the air amid the trio grew thick. The frustration the stallion felt, the unicorn mare could relate to. It was Resplendence, who had just joined the group, who brought about a smile on the ghostly mare’s features, one of thanks and of warm greeting for her herd mate. Nadira hadn’t wanted to admit to seeing the writing etched before them on the ground; though it was evident she had clearly watched the stallion scribble in the dirt.

The truth was, she was no better at reading than she was at writing either. It was a long story and one she cared to to explain. It was embarrassing, and she knew what the stallion was going through. The only difference was he was willing to swallow his pride and at least try to communicate. Nadira gave him props for that.

At the other mare’s knowledge in reading, Nadira looked to the shaken stallion and communicated an expression of an apology. She hadn’t tried to come off insensitive, but apparently an apology was at hand for her rudeness. He wasn’t quite sure how to accept the new mare at first, but seemed to understand she was his only hope. And truly she was.

“I am sorry Diesel, for not reading your name.”

Sure she could have explained why, but pride was a downfall for any unicorn, and it was especially true for Nadira. But there was regret in her lyrics, and sincerity.

Again, the stallion deemed Diesel, scribbled in the dirt. But the milky mare shook her visage in perplexed behavior, for she was of no help. The feeling of being useless reflected in her lifeless position of her cranium. She turned to Resplendence, in hopes the mare would be able to help. As for Kovu, the immortal figured as much, he would not be able to read what had been scribbled in the dirt as well.

Sighing heavily, the unicorn looked to Diesel with a helpless glance. Her auds were uncertain, flicking back and forth, and her words were ever more subtle than before.

“I can’t read.”

The letters Diesel had been scribbling looked like words she should know, or had at least seen, growing up, but she had fled the only possible source of education to keep the skin on her back from dying. She felt ashamed for her incompetence to read, or even to write. She relied on her ability to speak as her way of communication, but it seemed it wasn’t going to be of any use to her today.

SORRY! I totally misread the post where he wrote out his name. But in any instance, Nadira can't read or write... so it works out... kinda, as to why she responded the way she did. Also, sorry for the wait. :(

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Messages In This Thread
I am not evil, My heart is just gone - by Diesel - 02-18-2013, 10:38 AM
RE: I am not evil, My heart is just gone - by Kovu - 02-18-2013, 11:35 AM
RE: I am not evil, My heart is just gone - by Diesel - 02-18-2013, 01:08 PM
RE: I am not evil, My heart is just gone - by Kovu - 02-18-2013, 04:35 PM
RE: I am not evil, My heart is just gone - by Diesel - 02-20-2013, 11:29 AM
RE: I am not evil, My heart is just gone - by Kovu - 02-21-2013, 01:09 PM
RE: I am not evil, My heart is just gone - by Diesel - 02-22-2013, 02:23 AM
RE: I am not evil, My heart is just gone - by Diesel - 02-26-2013, 07:55 AM