the Rift

Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open

Azzaron Posts: 85
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hh :: 10 years Buff: NOVICE
Dark

All I had done was wander off for a moment. I had left Delinne there, I had wanted to scout out the area for anyone. Once she was out of my sight I searched the field, wondering what was around me. I was probably in the Meadow, surrounded by bunches of animals. I'm calmly searching around the meadow when a scream rings through the air. I straighten up, my ears perked. Another scream. Alright, what in the world was going on?! I race through the field, my gray hooves pounding the earth. I see Delinne, her knees wobbly. I race to her side, panicking. What was going on with her?! Her stomach was enormous! I was afraid she was ready to pop open. I brush my nose against her, watching as she lays down.

Her sides heave, I could see sweat dripping off her coat and onto the ground. I was completely clueless on what was happening to her. She's heaving, was she trying to take an extremely huge crap?! No. That's extremely stupid of me. I shake my head before jerking my cranium up. WHY AM I RELAXED AT A TIME LIKE THIS?! I brush my muzzle against Delinne, running it along her bloated stomach.

Holy gods.

Something moved in there.

I panic more, this is insane! I throw my head back, shocked. My heart's beating thousands of miles of a second, and I can't keep still. I race around Delinne, checking her over. I stop, facing Delinne's rear. THERE WAS SOMETHING COMING OUT. HOLY GODS.

What in the world was that?!

I almost scream. I watch, watch as Delinne overworks herself trying to get whatever it was out of her stomach. I'm paralyzed in both fear and shock. My brain can't process everything quick enough, and my brain begins to hurt.

It all seems to be over in a few moments. I've returned to nudge Delinne's neck, my velvety snout brushing against her neck. She's caked in sweat, and she looks worn out. I notice she isn't heaving her sides anymore, and she isn't grunting. I step towards her rump, catching sight of....

Oh.

My.

Gods.

It's a foal. A foal. Delinne was pregnant. My brain's fuse is instantly blown, and my knees begin to wobble. Was I the father? Could it be... my... my child? I'm shocked, staring at the small coal colored lump. I glance at Delinne, she's gotten to her feet now. I stare at her, shocked. Did she know about this? Had she been keeping this a secret from me? No, Delinne would never do something like that. Or would she? I can feel all these emotions swirling inside. Pride, curiosity, anger, even sadness.

I glance back down at the child, taking note of it's black coat that's tinted a deep purple. I can see the smallest of horns placed atop the newborn fillies' forehead. I smile, a unicorn. I watch as Delinne cleans the child off. I wince, how can she do that? It must taste horrible. I shake my head, finally noticing the small red wings at the child's sides. I notice that the little ones hooves are red, and her mane is a creamy color with ruby red tips. I swoop my head down, sniffing the small girl. She... smells. Weird. Very weird. But I guess that's what happens when you sit in a mares' womb for eleven months. I glance back at Delinne, her blue eyes showing how worn out she is. I throw my wing over her back, brushing my soft muzzle against her cheek. "Is... is this... ours?" I stare at Delinne, wanting to know the truth.

"She's beautiful. You're beautiful." I smile, nuzzling Delinne before stooping down, smiling at the small little child.
"Hello there, little Destry. Welcome to the world." I stare at the small dark filly, whom Delinne had named Destry. I can feel pride welling up inside as I stare down at her. This.

This was my family.

"Blah blah blah."

ooc: 8D Little babeh. <3 (And spazzy Azz)

word count: 664

"When you grow old, you will die and rot on the ground,
Other horses will dance when you all crumble, when your kingdom falls.
When your crowns break."

Messages In This Thread
Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Delinne - 02-18-2013, 03:21 PM
RE: Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Azzaron - 02-18-2013, 04:04 PM
RE: Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Delinne - 02-19-2013, 04:07 PM
RE: Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Psyche - 02-20-2013, 11:21 AM
RE: Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Mauja - 02-20-2013, 02:15 PM
RE: Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Azzaron - 02-20-2013, 06:50 PM
RE: Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Delinne - 02-21-2013, 01:29 PM
RE: Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Psyche - 02-21-2013, 02:21 PM
RE: Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Mauja - 02-26-2013, 06:14 AM
RE: Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Azzaron - 02-26-2013, 05:35 PM