the Rift

Transparent [Open]

Bernadette Posts: 14
World's Edge Mare
Mare :: Equine :: 14 hh :: 4
M.E.

Bernad(ette)

Perhaps…the fawnlette wasn’t as startled as she should have been. Granted, she was startled at the sudden appearance of the water-stallion; she gave a little gaspeth, prancing back on her legs with graceful, dainty movements, as though practicing and honing her muscles for this very moment. Her eyes stared forward with rapt attention, liquid orbs of molten silver taking in the stallion’s rather eccentric appearance. However, Bernadette’s reaction was a justified one, attributed to the genuine astonishment of being beset upon very suddenly by a complete stranger. There was no special attention paid to the fact that he was, indeed, scale-covered and strikingly handsome to behold—nor even so much as a batted eyelash at the not-so-subtle aspect of the fact that he emerged from the sea, brine, barnacles, and all, to heed her wistful sighs for companionship. No, all of these things Bernadette took with a generous, heaping measure of salt and sugar; the tenseness of her muscles relaxed themselves, and the former astonishment in her eyes quelled as pure, uncut curiosity took reign.

*"If it is company you are looking for then it is company you shell have."*

Bernadette’s ears perked up, listening to his gentle, soothing words; her tail sprang into the air proudly, as though desperately grasping for a reason to assert itself haughtily in the summer breeze; she clicked her forehooves together ever so slightly, the equine manifestation of a small clap of pleasure; her eyes danced and twirled a she looked at him, and her face broke into a sweet, infectious grin of gratitude. “Thank you!” she breathed, her whisper thrumming with the energy of her excitement, “I do appreciate such sentiments sir, you’re very kind. Very kind to a mare like me, of course, sir!”

*"You seem troubled?"*

“I—oh.” Bernadette had opened her mouth, taking a deep breath in preparation to bombard the kind stranger-stallion with all sorts of questions, observations, and chit-chat—but at his tentative question, the air drained from Bernadette’s breast, leaving the mare deflated somewhat, a shadow of her former vitality; even her tail found it appropriate to drag against the current once more.
“I…I am troubled, sir,” she said, the passion in her voice diminished; she looked to the ground, steely orbs cast upon the sand as she counted the golden grains, one by one, in an effort to stave off the foreboding feeling of creeping, whispering shadows.

Don’t fall for it, deary-lass! He’s hankerin’ for a slice! they called to her, mocking her, jeering the fawnlette. Bernadette did her best to ignore their raspy voices.

(OOC: I tried to wait and see if any others were willing to join. Oh well! :D )
~~~~~~~

"Hello!"
Goodbye!
Gettin' out of Dodge.

Messages In This Thread
Transparent [Open] - by Bernadette - 02-18-2013, 08:19 PM
RE: Transparent [Open] - by NPC - 02-19-2013, 03:38 PM
RE: Transparent [Open] - by Bernadette - 02-25-2013, 07:57 PM