the Rift

Down With the Enterprise [Ophelia, Open]

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable

It did not take long for the grullo to receive an answer. But instead of the familiar tone of his love, there was a different one, one that he found himself unable to recognize. By now he'd come to a stop, and only a second later did his eyes find the pale form of the stranger stepping out before him.

She was a unicorn like himself, standing near his own height, and had eyes unlike any he'd seen before. The crimson staining of her mane stood boldly against her snowy pelt, this mare called Ophelia, and although she would never match the way he felt towards Romani, she was beautiful. But there were much bigger things at hand at the moment, and the grullo was quick to snap back to the reason he was here in the first place.

"Xanthos," he spoke up in return to her introduction, his golden eyes regarding her carefully as she went on. She guaranteed that Romani was indeed safe, but where was she? An ear cocked at the mention of an invasion, undoubtedly on the beloved Foothills that his mate called home, but he hadn't a clue what The Grey was. Many questions flitted through his mind, but for now, he would keep them simple.

Taking a deep breath, Xanthos then exhaled slowly, doing his best to keep his racing heart calm. Fighting was not something he wished to do, and he would remain diplomatic for as long as he could. "If I am able, I would like to have her now," he explained, "As I'm sure you've noticed, she is in child, and I simply wish to bring her to the Edge with me. Romani may be headstrong, but she wouldn't dare put herself in the throngs of an invasion in her current condition."

For a moment, the grullo paused, as if allowing his words to sink in for a moment. At his feet, Azel looked on at the pale mare with curiosity in his eyes. The cub remained quiet, however, as if knowing the importance of what was going on. Letting out another even breath, Xanthos met Ophelia's eyes, a pleading in his own. "Please." There was no doubt that this was all that he wanted, to finally have the palomino back, to finally settle with her and raise their child.

talk talk talk

If there's no one beside you
When your soul embarks
Then I'll follow you into the dark

Messages In This Thread
RE: Down With the Enterprise [Ophelia, Open] - by Xanthos - 02-22-2013, 03:58 PM