the Rift

Finally [Earth God - Quest Return]

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit

It was always thought to be clichéd to think that the weather was dictated by one's mood, that dreary and overcast skies meant one's own mind was clouded, foggy, weary, sad. Depression was a very strong condition, I have learned, it causes one to ponder the same, sad thought over and over, it forces one to be incapable of seeing anything else but that dark, dreary cloud.

My little cloud was depressed.

The weather that followed us around was no natural phenomenon, at least in the sense that had she not possessed the gift from that peculiar winged bird, the weather would be normal. 'Normal' weather is not something we have experienced since that fateful day.

We, and our dreary weather, followed the strange unicorn stallion to the Veins. It was not a long trip, fortunately, for our southern location meant that the treacherous road to the Gods was nearby. Apparently my presence was of importance to this stallion, my ground wandering ways seemed to make him excited, even as he bargained with us to come along with him. We probably would have followed him even without the promise of being able to utilise his skills as a crafter.

But when we arrived, he seemed to be consumed by a panic. Bewilderment lit the façade of my little cloud for a moment, as she glanced around the ruins that remained of the shrines. The emotion didn't linger however - it was as if she was as depressed and disappointed as she could be, nothing could make this time worse for her. I whined quietly, as she halted by the sobbing unicorn, I trotted forward on large black pads, tilting my nose this way and that.

"I'm sorry." I heard her voice murmur, though it barely sounded like her any more. It was choked with darkness, it made me want to growl and bite into something. Instead I huffed, slowly returning to her side, lost in wonderment at the predicament we have ourselves in.

[ I am SO SORRY for the wait >__> ]

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    Finally [Earth God - Quest Return] - by Coris - 02-19-2013, 09:19 PM
    RE: Finally [Earth God - Quest Return] - by Cirrus - 03-14-2013, 11:24 PM
    RE: Finally [Earth God - Quest Return] - by Coris - 03-26-2013, 12:11 PM