the Rift

The sword and the shield. [Warriors]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I return to my home with lighter shoulders. The wind carries me swiftly, my magic driving it forward faster and faster still, the whistle of my wings whirring in my ears as my form eats up the distance between the forest and this desert floor, my eyes narrowed as the air scratches by, stealing the tears that leak from the blue orbs in a desperate attempt to keep up with my pace. I am in a race to get back, but it is more for the freedom of feeling my agile body in motion that I am going so fast. Well, and I could not wait to tell everyone the news that Tio would find an army harder to buy in an unfamiliar land when your target is much older than you. I have connections, and he has nothing but an ass for a head.

When I see the pool of crimson at the floor as I race, I begin to lower my altitude, wings still catching the air and making a hum from my speed, a whistle which groans in the air as I laugh, twirling downward and slowly decreasing the pressure of the wind at my back, settling in for a series of rolls as I fall toward the desert floor, a smile on my face and my eyes bright. I even myself out, preparing my body to land, my pace still fast but my legs catching the shock and running with it, hooves cracking upon the ground and my body rolling to keep balanced. I let out a whinny, my eyes close and my voice following soon after. "Warriors of the Throat, assemble before me," I call, a command for their ears.

I had made a deal with Ophelia to keep them safe from the claws of experienced fighters, but it was not free. However, the kin which I call upon now have their own decision to make. They could come and fight beside me, or they could stay. The beauty of this deal was that they had a choice to risk their life and limb, whereas facing Tio would leave them with no other option but to wage heavy war, and there would be no mercy found. Still, the last thing I wanted was to leave my home undefended, so even if all were willing, I would only be arriving on the battlefield with the Grey with a handful of soldiers, leaving my home in the capable hands of Sumati and under the watch of my daughter.

The warrior disguised as a healer. She had told me of her training with Voltaic, and I trusted she would not let this home sink into the ground in my absence.

[ Other herd members may come if they wish, but all soliders/sergeants/generals should show. ]

credits
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

Gravedigger, when you dig my grave can you make it shallow? So that I can feel the rain..

Fresh from being healed, Gaucho was in fine spirits. His body felt rejuvenated -fresh - and he was proud of the way his muscles had strengthened, and the way his movements had become more elastic and graceful after having spent so much time sparring. Although his patrols had been relatively uneventful, having nothing much to report to My-dus, he never the less continued them with diligence and pride. It was good for the warrior to once again have a home, to have a family to protect. In turn, these lands had blessed him beyond belief: the antlers magically affixed to his wide brow, and the magic they possessed, as well as Mara, the black mambo snake who had seemed to take a liking to him. She hung, appearing limp, intertwined in his antlers, like a white accent to his dream catcher. Mara adored the heat of the Throat, as it made her body feel limber and alive.

As he watched the sultana descend in a whirl of chocolate and cream, Gaucho immediately took notice, perking his large ears forward and turning his body in her direction. Still a good 20 feet away, he only caught snippets of her words; hearing warriors and me however, were enough to draw him near. Moving his massive frame towards her with an odd grace for such a primitive looking creature, he halted a respectful 5 feet away, flaring his bone-pierced nostrils. "Gaucho here." He said, his voice resonant and deep, his words obvious and sincere. His blue-gray gaze fell upon the Sultana with a quiet expectant stare, as his massive bay frame stoically stilled. He was excited to meet the other warriors of the Throat...He only knew sar-gents Levi and Aryel, My-dus, and his fellow solider Note. Would Vesta come as well? Had she enough time to recuperate? Silently he pondered these things, in his own simple, ever anxious to meet more of the family he had sworn to protect with his life.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>

Today was a day for everyone to be in higher spirits, the stupid stud that had threatened our home was still remaining to be rumor spread by flapping tongues. I was thankful for this, perhaps not as much as Cera was. Yet, we both knew better than to release all forms of guard. It was best to not plant hope when the earth was still infertile; we remained on high alert no matter how many empty weeks passed. My job of late consisted off patrolling and training; ears had picked up the trailing words of one of my soldiers being banished for his foolishness to challenge Kri. I took no motion to defend this because he had been a stupid brute with more air then cells behind a thick skull.

I heard her call from across the desert at my post for the afternoon, my wings bent to change course and fly to where she lay. It wasn’t fear or dread that filled soul when she called for her muscle to gather, Kri most likely was going to give us an update on the, ‘invasion’ of our home, or perhaps offer up orders for one on one training. Lord only knew. Others had begun to gather by the time I made it to where we would meet, pumping smoothly—my feet touch ground and I gather my composure while moving to stand next to a familiar face, Gaucho.

Muzzle reaches out to bump along the taller studs shoulder in passing, a small smile lighting up the corners of my face with friendless. Standing still, I dip skull a little out of respect for Kri and give her a bright beam to show that all was well in the world we had built. Curious but calm, not wholly worried and instead basking in the ignorance of the coming storm she would bring about with her orders.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream

Never made it as a wise man
I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing
Tired of living like a blind man
I'm sick of sight without a sense of feeling

Atop a cliff, against a vast orange and blue back drop, stood the vibrant form of Hector. Wind whipped and played with his now grown mane, he lacked the tools here in Helovia to keep it cut in the military mane style of his old home. Maybe if he found a unicorn willing, he'd chop it back to it's normal cropped appearance. The Soldier couldn't decide if he preferred it long or short, but that trivial debate with himself would have to wait as the call of his Leader rang out across the land. Hector's ears pricked and relief flooded through his body, it seemed the arrogant beast who dared to challenge their fierce leader had fallen. Such a foolish act. Wings unruffled and Hector turned to make flight but not before noticing a squealing mouse scuttle across the hard surface as a flickering hawk soared above it. Hector snorted in exasperation "Veci! Stop that, you'll give it a heart attack." The apparition was never very good, it always seemed to waver and appeared chillingly like a ghost. The bird disappeared and Hector could feel the presence of the boggart swirling around him until settling at his side.

Veci.

Where did he begin? How could he explain? Hector only wished he didn't do these stupid things when attending important things, like they were now. He danced forward and powered into a gallop, leaping off the cliff with the strength of his wings. Leonine tail flicked from side to side in motion to his flight, almost propelling forwards before he dipped back down. Gently soaring and letting gravity glide him to the surface where he found the familiar chocolate form of Kri, muscled legs supporting his landing and he bounded in to stand beside Midas. The General he remembered from a few seasons ago at a warriors gathering by the late Azzuen. The other, whose name he had just caught as being Gaucho, he didn't know but was pleased to meet with a nod of greeting. Looking curiously at his tribal markings and the snake curled in his antlers with a friendly gaze before turning back to Kri. "Hector at your command, my Lead" he answered with a hint of formality. A remnant from his homeland.

The invisible Veci gazed at each of them, prodding at their fears but remained elusive if but for a faint sense of a presence, obeying his bonded's plea for behaviour in important situations.

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel was next to join the group, circling the meeting high above to find space to land, then diving, flaring her wings at the last minute to touch down. The small bat clinging to her neck looked at her reproachfully for the slightly-jarring landing, and then his attention was occupied by the medley of new sights and sounds. So many horses he hadn't met! Aside from the big stripe-leg horse with the scary snake who talked funny. Java liked him, but he didn't like the snake.

Aryel walked towards the group, folding her long wings to her sides. Ever-loyal Gaucho was already there, as was Midas. She briefly wondered how he was handling being their only General now. Azzuen's sudden death had been difficult on them all. She gave both of them a nod as she came to stop. Also there was a large hybrid she didn't recognize. A sort of chestnut color with two curved horns and a copiously-plumed lion's tail, who easily dwarfed her. As she lifted her head to study Kri, she noticed that the mare appeared to be in a good mood, despite her newly-healed wounds. So it was true then, that one of their own had been stupid enough to challenge Kri. And right when she was still bitter from the General's death, as if the stupid stallion didn't have enough of a challenge trying to take her down. But it was no matter, Kri had whipped him thoroughly, or so she heard, and banished him. Good riddance. She wondered why the Commander had called them together. More news of that gelding Tio? The thought caused her brows to furrow. He was no doubt laying low, trying to gather more followers for his foolish invasion attempt. Let him come. The Throat was more than ready.

Or perhaps the Basin was causing trouble. She already had reason to dislike many of them (Crowley came to mind first), she wouldn't mind going in to teach them a lesson. Aryel dipped her head in greeting, then tilted it slightly to one side. "Ready for action, Commander. What's the news?"

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>
In blood and honor, we will prevail.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

Almost immediately, a massive chocolate form bedecked with a crown of horns comes into my view, and I dip a head politely to him. Gaucho. Before others have the opportunity to come, I give the newer member of my herd a warm smile. I had heard much of Gaucho since his entry into the Dragon's Throat, and it was easy to say that his actions spoke louder than the crude tones which he produced. "Gaucho," I say, my voice masculine but welcoming as he comes to stand closer, slate gaze falling upon my face expectantly. "I am glad you are so dependable." My lips end in a tug of a smirk, extending a strange humor toward the stallion but straying as my eyes fall upon the second arrival.

Midas. My dark eyes grow sympathetic immediately, knowing of his affection for the dark swathed General who would not be joining us in the sands today. Much to my relief, his face greets me with a light expression, one that is not bathed in sadness or remorse. I am glad that on this day, his grief will not close his eyes and heart to my words. I offer him a greeting nod as well, even as he falls in beside Gaucho. There was a dichotomy of heights between the two that almost made me laugh, would it not be present should I be standing next to the horn wearing brute.

The fiery maned Hector comes into view next, and I find it quite amusing that his hulking form resembles much like Gaucho, only more flaring with his vibrant tendrils and protruding horns. The chocolate giants mixed in with Midas and me, short of stature but not short in the ways of our hearts. The one thing that connected my warriors large and small was the beating of our chests, the passion we felt for protection, and the comradery that took place between us. "Hector," I greet with a simple toss of my neck, eyes already catching on the familiar blue figure of my sergeant.

I tug my lips in a smile as she speaks, clearing my throat of the dry heat from the desert before I begin.

"I have spoken with the leader of the outcast band known as the Grey," I say, my tone serious but calm, not filled with the worry as it had been during our last meeting. "Ophelia has agreed to decline any offer of Tio's, so long as we come to her call for a battle." I smile, my face warm and cheerful. "I will not ask any of you to fight against your will, but I will be asking for a few soldiers to aid our temporary allies in their conquest. After all, we have to have some remain behind to defend this land as well, should anyone think us an easy target while we are busy fighting a war."

[ Aud has already volunteered Gaucho, so I will only be taking 2 more to fight in the Grey invasion. o: First come, first serve. Posting order out the window. ]

credits
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

Gravedigger, when you dig my grave can you make it shallow? So that I can feel the rain..

Gaucho was slightly puzzled that Kri commended him on being dependable. deep-end-abe-ul, Gaucho believed, meant that she could count on him...but...shouldn't that have been obvious? Did that mean there were other sold-jurs that she couldn't depend on? Before he can even consider asking the sultana to elaborate (as if he knows what they word means), My-dus arrived. With a child-like twinkle in his eye, Gaucho turned his bulky head towards the paint with a look of naive reverence, snorting softly as Midas' muzzle brushed against his shoulder. He hadn't had much more opportunity to interact with the only-General, as his patrols had been fairly textbook, with little to report. But for a warrior, no news was good news, and so the brute supposed it was alright that he had seen little of his direct-report.

Next to join was a stallion larger than Gaucho - perhaps even larger than Archeebalt had been, though didn't look wholly equine to Gaucho's simple once-over of him. Still, he looked formidable, and Gaucho was once again proud to be a part of such a strong herd. The last to arrive was sar-gent Aryel, the delicate mare who had been infused recently with magic and strange markings. Snorting softly as she arrived, Gaucho idly wondered where sar-gent Levi was? Perhaps he was the one on patrol?

Although Kri spoke concisely and without flowery wording, Gaucho still found her lengthy speech hard to follow. His ears flicked forward and back uncertainly, as he strained to catch her meaning, pulling out a few words here and there. The most pressing to his mind, was when she had said ....remain behind... While he would not argue with the Sultana should she choose to place him in a defensive position, it certainly wouldn't be what he would decide if given the chance. Flicking his luxuriously long black tail against his hocks, he took a step towards Kri, head lowered somewhat, yet not enough to be pointing his antlers into her face. "No stay - Gaucho go." He offered, his voice rather soft for one who usually spoke with such a deep baritone. Pausing, he looked into her deep sea-blue eyes; "..Please?" He concluded hesitantly, not wishing to offend.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream

Never made it as a wise man
I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing
Tired of living like a blind man
I'm sick of sight without a sense of feeling

Curiosity was rife in the orange boy's soul today as he nodded once to the Sergeant Aryel, little he knew of her but he committed her to memory as someone to look up to. Attention then turned to the meeting itself and it seemed that the blue mare was the last to arrive from the militant ranks and so Hector shuffled in to listened to Kri's words, attentive but still keeping an eye on Veci.

Gravely he took in her words, hearing of their alliance with the Grey to counter the threat from Tio and the bargain they had struck in order to get Ophelia to agree. Hector wondered where the Grey's conquest laid and what land there own soldiers would be sent to and how many enemies they would make in the process. So many questions but he kept them behind his lips as he considered the options before him, to attack or defend. The soul who named himself Gaucho and spoke in the most oddest ways of speaking seemed eager in his offer to go to war with their Leader. As Hector looked to the other two he knew now what he must say, all he wanted was to protect their Commander and she would need the greatest warriors to protect her. Aryel and Midas would provide it better than him, they deserved the glory of war more than he did right now and Hector still had a point to prove. That he too could be depended on. "The General and your Sergeant would be better suited than me right now and have more than earned the right to represent our land in battle. Though I will go if you should ask me to. I have mountains to prove still and, if you will allow me, I will prove myself by defending your borders. Nothing will get past me."

He said rather proudly at the end and silently wishing they did not think him a coward, war didn't frighten Hector, he'd lived through wars before. The Soldier simply felt inadequate right now and had no wishes to become a burden to the warriors around him who had already proven themselves.

Head dipped in respectful salute.

[Hector respectfully asks to stay and defend. <3]

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

At the mention of Tio and the Grey's denial of him, she grinned viciously and nodded. Let him try and come with no army behind him. She knew little of the Grey, only that they were mercenaries who lurked in the Deep Forest. She snorted quietly. There were few things in life less dishonorable than a hirehoof with no morals. As Kri declared their temporary alliance and their need for extra soldiers, Aryel paused, usual cocky expression replaced by furrowed brows and half-flattened ears. They wanted Throat soldiers to fight with them? The idea didn't exactly appeal to her. One of the reasons she idolized Kri so and served as loyally as she could was because of the chocolate mare's determination to protect her herd and fight against the evil and cruelty that plagued Helovia at times.

Yet what if these mercenaries wanted to invade some herd that didn't deserve it?

She would always be loyal to Kri, no matter what, but still...

As the orange stallion mentioned her and the General, she made up her mind. With a decisive snort, the mare took a step forward. "I will go." she said. She wasn't entirely sure about this, but she was willing to trust Kri's judgement. Besides, in combat, you couldn't afford to be indecisive. "But..." she tilted her head slightly and shifted her posture, still feeling uncomfortable. "Which herdland will they be invading?" As far as she knew, there was only four, and they couldn't be invading the Throat. That left the Edge, the Foothills, and the Basin. She wouldn't mind invading the Basin, no, not at all, but she did hope it wasn't the Edge. She recalled limping home after her fight with Dakini, bleeding heavily and unable to focus, then being healed by an equine that had borne the Edge's scent. He might have just saved her life. Invading his home would be a cruel way to repay that. That left the Foothills. She didn't think she knew any horses from there, which would make it easier to fight them, at least, but she still didn't relish the idea of going to war for someone else's cause. Nevertheless, she would stand by her Commander, come what may.

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>
In blood and honor, we will prevail.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Vesta Posts: 15
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 5 years Buff: NOVICE
Time

Vesta moved her wings back, letting her body land next to Gaucho skillfully. Her muscles pulled uncomfortably, though it was pain she was able to push down. Shifting her weight to balance on three legs, the grey mare tucked her wings in to her sides. With a focused mind she listened to the Commander's words, as well as the words of the others, before she finally came to a logical conclusion. As much as she wanted to go to battle with her new herd, Vesta was not physically prepared for such a daunting task. Swallowing back pride and bile, the mare spoke to Kri directly. "I will stay, like him," Vesta gave a small motion towards the orange brute, Hector, "and protect you--our borders, Kri."

Vesta's ears flicked back slightly, showing plainly and fearlessly her dislike for the words that rolled from her tongue. Vesta was a fighter at heart, raised by strong, mare warriors. Her muscles, however, were sore and protested her brain and heart, making her decide to stay back. Vesta had not been a member of the Dragon's Throat for a long while, but she knew they were strong (mostly from the affirming, though broken, words of Gaucho) and though any that tried to breach their lines psychotic. Wild sea colored eyes moved quickly to Gaucho then, surveying his strong and composed features. He was a primal beast, yes, but his desire to aid his family ran deeper than any lack of intelligence. "Fight val--strongly." Vesta stopped herself from finishing the word valiantly, knowing that Gaucho, most likely, did not understand the word's meaning.

by: Tay