we are unafraid.

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy

Rae</style>

but everything looks perfect from far away.</style>

[First time writing in 1st person...we shall seeeeeeeeee...]

I am rid of Hotaru, but for how long, I don't know. I love her to pieces but...but sometimes, I just wish she'd get a life of her own, you know? Always following me, always agreeing, always there. Can't she make friends on her own? Can't she just grow up? I had slipped away while Momma was giving Ru a bath - she always gets dirty, but I never do. I don't know where I lost Stella but...maybe the altitude was too much for her? Whatever did it, I was grateful for that too. She always sent back images to Momma if I was teasing Ru, or daring her to do things, and then Momma would scowl at me. Whatever.

The fields were beautiful, but that was not what currently held my attention. It was a pegasus, albeit an oddly colored one. How I wish that I had grown wings, instead of a stupid horn. What good was it anyways? Couldn't take you anywhere or do anything...At least mine is pretty. It's white, but in the right light it shimmers like a rainbow. Momma says it's beautiful, just like me...She tells Ru that she's beautiful, but she isn't in the way that I am. I'm beautiful like Momma - probably more beautiful actually. Or at least, I will be one day. Tossing my narrow arabian face, I can feel as my mane ripples down my back - I've been practicing this in the pool in the Deep Woods - It's really pretty when I do it. I'm practicing now, so that when I meet my handsome prince, I will already know how to be a beautiful princess, and he can take me far, far away from the stupid woods that we live in.

As I walk, I keep my sea-green gaze fixated on the pegasus, watching his movements with awe. Sighing, I once again curse my breeding, wondering why we had come out as unicorns, and not as pegasi, or as some mix? Anyways, I can see the pegasus halt somewhere in the mist. Will he come into the fields? Will he see me, and think I am beautiful? Is he a prince? I begin to trot closer, ensuring that I pick up my dainty feet in a prance, just in case he's looking. I allow my creamy mane to flow behind me, and hope that my nearly-white coat looks shiny in the light. I wonder if the grass is making it look too green...? Maybe I should stop. Maybe I shouldn't go to him; shouldn't he come to me? But what if he doesn't? Frustrated, I snort, but decide to keep going anyways. I slow when I am about 10 feet away, peering into the mist to try and see what he looks like.

It doesn't even cross my mind that I could be in danger - I have never been in danger before, but I almost want to...How can I be saved by a prince, if there's nothing to be saved from? As I stand, trying to look poised and pretty, I wonder what Ru is doing...and if she misses me yet...

<333

Messages In This Thread
we are unafraid. - by Hototo - 02-22-2013, 03:22 PM
RE: we are unafraid. - by Faelene - 02-22-2013, 07:57 PM
RE: we are unafraid. - by Raeden - 02-22-2013, 11:50 PM
RE: we are unafraid. - by Hototo - 02-27-2013, 09:22 PM
RE: we are unafraid. - by Faelene - 03-01-2013, 11:59 PM
RE: we are unafraid. - by Raeden - 03-16-2013, 12:56 PM
RE: we are unafraid. - by Hototo - 03-16-2013, 02:08 PM
RE: we are unafraid. - by Faelene - 03-25-2013, 04:49 PM
RE: we are unafraid. - by Raeden - 03-25-2013, 05:34 PM