the Rift

we are unafraid.

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

My eyes close and I try to escape. I imagine that the chittering at my feet is probably the laughter of my company, for truly what kind of a boy begins to hum in the face of strangers? We had not even gotten past introductions, standing on the edges of the beautiful field, and here I am, standing with my eyes closed humming the tune of the water. I wish, much like the streams I invision, that I could swirl away into a new place, far away from these faces and the stress of interaction. Why had I not brought Bear? Were he here, I would be able to face these ladies with more bravery. Instead, I am nothing but a weak boy who is still growing into his vocal chords.

At the words of the black mare, my left eye opens sheepisly to view her expression. She is smiling, faintly, as she praises my ability of the song. I think little of it. I had only started singing during my adventures with Bear, telling great boastful stories about our lives as though were were great explorers or marauders or warriors - whatever the day's game had brought. Now, before I knew it, singing had become almost a thing of comfort, like a worry stone that I run over and over to calm the nerves inside. I do not think I am all that good, but I soon realize that maybe it is not my voice she is referring to.

I follow her gaze down, toward the earth, only to see the pebbles and rocks quaking underneath us. Immediately, my voice stops, and I gasp for air, afraid that another earthquake which seemed to plague me wherever I went was coming. The air which sinks from my lungs halts, as do the rocks, which fall instantly silent as the rumbling of the earth comes to a halt. My eyes widen, looking with a frown from the ground to the black mare to the girl, feeling all the more paranoid and waiting for the crack of the earth to knock me off the side of this mountain, plummeting to my end in the world below. I was not that good at flying. I likely would be unable to catch myself. I eventually come to understand that I am not going to die and that the earth has stopped moving. At least, the literally earth.

The pounding in my chest has started again and I take a breath. The girls obviously mean me no harm, or they would have done so already. In fact, the pale girl who steps closer looks more concerned about my impression of her than what she thinks of me myself. I could just be growing arrogant with age; I hope that is not the case. "Hototo," I say, word vomit as I try to close the gap of silence. "M-my name is Hototo." I look up at the dark mare, the closest to me, with hopeful eyes that she would save me from the little filly who continues to creep closer to me. Fillies stress me out far too much. I think girls are scary, to be frank. The only mares I am really comfortable around are mother and Ophelia... Perhaps, this shadow mare would join the list if she took this nervous tension off my shoulders.

"What's your name?" I glance toward the filly as well, letting her know that she was included in my question.

HOTOTO</style>
THERE ARE DARK SHADOWS ON THE EARTH, BUTS ITS LIGHTS ARE STRONGER IN THE CONTRAST.</style>

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Messages In This Thread
we are unafraid. - by Hototo - 02-22-2013, 03:22 PM
RE: we are unafraid. - by Faelene - 02-22-2013, 07:57 PM
RE: we are unafraid. - by Raeden - 02-22-2013, 11:50 PM
RE: we are unafraid. - by Hototo - 02-27-2013, 09:22 PM
RE: we are unafraid. - by Faelene - 03-01-2013, 11:59 PM
RE: we are unafraid. - by Raeden - 03-16-2013, 12:56 PM
RE: we are unafraid. - by Hototo - 03-16-2013, 02:08 PM
RE: we are unafraid. - by Faelene - 03-25-2013, 04:49 PM
RE: we are unafraid. - by Raeden - 03-25-2013, 05:34 PM