the Rift

A Lonely Soul

Hemera Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The young lonely mare walked through the forest. The sun shone it's warm rays onto her light golden coat. The tall trees towered over her, and cast twisted shadows across her path. She stopped and pricked her ears forward. Her nostrils flared catching every scent. There were no other horses around. She sighed in disappointment. What was this place? She had come here to find a new home, to have a fresh start on life, yet there was no one. She broke into a canter. Her beautiful white mane and tail blew back in the the wind. Her long legs ate up the ground. The trees became a blur next to her on both sides. She leaped gracefully over a fallen log, and kept up a steady canter. She tossed her head. Perhaps she would come across other horses soon. She stopped to catch her breath. Her eyes clouded as she remembered the death of her mother, and her little sister. They had been everything to her. And she had never known what had taken them. They had just died. She had left her herd knowing that she couldn't live in the place where they had gone. She wanted to start a new life of her own. She was starting to regret her choice though. There was nobody here. What if was an outcast forever? She shook her head in annoyance. She knew that she had to stop thinking like this or she would get nowhere. She let out a loud neigh, hoping someone would answer.

Pheonix Posts: N/A
Unregistered
I shifted my wings slightly around as I pranced happily through the forest again. I remember the last time I had been with the lovely Neferati, but now I was all alone, with nothing at all to do. How wonderful would it be to see another equine again. Then again, I knew I would probably become very anxious. Branches crackled under me as I walked. I knew I wanted to run though, and lift off into the air to stretch out my wings. The sun was bright, and the birds were chirping all around fluttering. That's it. I thought to myself. I found a place, where there was a slight clearing. I started running at a fast pace, and then lifted off into the air, opening my wide wings. I felt the wind blowing into my face, raising up my white mane, and ruffling my feathers. I shut my emerald green eyes, and let myself glide with the wind's current. How wonderful it would be to stay up here for ever. I knew in the end, I would fall back down to earth. The Phoenix falls, but it rises again. I smiled. That was my pet name back in my herd. Sadness gripped me again. My herd. The herd that I used to rightfully lead. Then they captured me. The phoenix didn't rise then. No. I was a coward and ran away. I shut my eyes with a new pain.

In the air, I suddenly heard a foreign neigh. It sounded very feminine, and my anxiousness eased up a little bit. Another horse! Yay! But I felt nervous deep down inside. I knew my little act. I would walk up looking confident in friendly, and then hide away terrified. What was it about other horses that slightly scared me? I didn't know. But I was very excited to meet this new female. Who knows, maybe we could become friends? I found a golden body below me, with a white mane. She looked very similar to me, and I smiled. I flew down, carefully in front of her, not wanting to startle her in any way. "Hello there m'am, my name is Phoenix!" I chirped to her in a very friendly mannerism. I didn't feel very nervous around her.

Unregistered
"Hello there m'am, my name is Phoenix!" A large horse flew and landed right in front of her! Hemera snorted with surprise, and reared up. In front of her stood a proud looking stallion. He had surprised her! She was never expecting for another horse to answer her call! He was tall and strong looking. He looked similar to her with his golden coat, and he looked like the sun itself had landed in front of her. Her had orange streaks running over his rump. His mane had orange streaks running through it as did his tail. And he had large strong wings. They were beautiful! Pure white with fiery streaks running through them. His eyes were a deep emerald green, and were friendly and kind looking. She felt drawn to him for some reason. Phoenix. She thought the name fit him perfectly. She felt no fear of him at all. She was just so relieved to have found another horse. She hoped that he would like her. She didn't think that she could deal with being alone again. He held his head with confidence and didn't seem the least bit nervous. She bowed her elegant head respectfully toward him, and smiled warmly. " Hello Phoenix! It sure is a pleasure to meet you! My name his Hemera and I'm new here. I've been wandering this forest and haven't seen another horse for miles! Where do you come from?" She found herself gazing into his kind emerald eyes. He seemed so friendly!

Unregistered
The lovely lady reared up on her hind legs and snorted with fear. My eyes widened, and even though I was trained to fight, my stranger danger anxiety was taking over again. "I'm sorry!" I said, letting my light Russian accent out. I scooted back, shuffling my hooves, and almost ungracefully bumping into a tree. I then saw the beauty looking at me with her kind eyes. My heart stopped beating so hard from nervousness, but now with a different feeling. I let out a relieved sigh that she wasn't going to kill me. "I'm sorry for scaring you", I cheerfully said, now recovering from my slight scare. She was very pretty, and resembled me a lot, though she had a more golden pelt, while mine was leaning towards the orange side.

She then gracefully bowed her head towards me and spoke. I felt happy that I know found another horse. I too, was very lonely and I preferred to be in the company of others, even though I was very timid when I first meet another one of my kin. "Hello Hemera!" I cheerfully replied. I liked her happy personality. "You're lucky I bumped into you...literally", I said joyfully grinning. "I come from far away lands, known as Vleskian lands", I said. I then sadly dropped my eyes. "I've been captured by another general leader, forcing me away from my beloved home, but I thankfully escaped and came here, to maybe try and find a new life!" I said, turning from a sad horse to my normal cheerful self. "And you, miss?" I inquired to her.

Unregistered
"You're lucky I bumped into you... literally.", he said cheerfully. She laughed,and smiled at him. "Yes, I am lucky", she agreed, her soft voice sounding like belles.

As she listened to his tragic story she watched his cheerful mood evaporate, his eyes clouded over with sadness. His voice got mellower and sadder. She was suprised at the similarity of their stories, and she felt his pain. He said that he had come here to start a new life, just like her. She felt drawn to him. To his kind eyes; to his cheerful and friendly personality. But suddenly his cheerful self came back as fast as it had left. "And you miss?", he asked me. She hesitated unsure of what to say. Suddenly the pain of losing them crashed down on her. She felt as if her heart were breaking into a million pieces. " I come from a faraway herd", she said her voice growing quiet. " I lived with them for almost my whole life. But then..... My mother and little sister passed away. We never found out how they died." She lowered her head with sadness. "So I decided that I wanted to get as faraway as possible. I wanted to start a new life for myself. A fresh start. It's odd how similar our pasts our. But I'm so happy to have met you." She walked up to him and touched her muzzle to his neck, and breathed in his warm sweet scent. " I'm sorry about how you had to leave your beloved home. I can understand your sadness."

Unregistered
She softly agreed with my comment, and I smiled back at her. She was very intriguing, and her voice, as she laughed sounded so delicate and feminine. I felt myself drawn to this female, as she spoke, and as she listened to my story. I felt her pain kind of meld in with mine, and I knew we must share this same thing in common. I looked into her eyes this time, patiently hearing what she had to say. She was quite interesting, and truthfully, I did want to know more about her. She then told me about her mother and sister, and I felt immense pain. I was without siblings, but when the other pegasi sequestered me, I was ripped away from my former life, with my best friend Vilkan. Vilkan and I had a different relationship. He was like my brother in the form of a best friend. I remember after the hardships of horrible wars, we would go fly to the fields, with the sun setting in the background. The only relief to the pain and suffering of our everyday lives. I felt as if Hemera and I shared something in common. Something very important.

I felt my heart slightly thump as she told me she was glad to meet me. "I'm extremely glad I met you, Miss", I told her flashing her another happy smile. As she touched her muzzle to my neck, I felt myself getting warm again. My face. I was flushing. I instantly, without even thinking put my head on top of her neck, reassuring her. "I guess we share something in common", I sweetly told her. "So, tell me, by any chance do you think of joining any herd?" I asked her. I was slightly nervous, and slightly feeling sad, for she would join a herd, and I would probably remain alone again.