the Rift

You know it could be true [Ayaka,Open]

Lupus Posts: 118
Aurora Basin Soldier
Stallion :: Other :: 77cm :: 1
Pheonix

So,I had come here to find Ayaka,only to be distracted by the battle cry and some beast like stallion with a bone poking though his nose,had to force myself to touch some wolf or something to help towards my quest,which still wasn't finished and now my coat was all sweated up. Now the best of appearances when meeting the only girl you had ever loved,and probably ever will love,unless cubs were involved but...let's not think to far ahead. The heat trapped in the sands made the pads of my paws feel like they were burning. A large lake stretched out before me and soon enough I was lapping up the water in the shade of a Cactus,making sure I am not to close to the prickly plant it's self though.

I think back to the last time I was here. It wasn't the best of times I must admit. The coward Aryel had been here,the prisoner Elizabeth and that bitch of a leader Kri and it just so happened Ayaka lived here. Well,no one would stop me seeing Ayaka. I loved her,and nothing could stop love from growing and now that I had been offered a spot in a group within the Basin I was probably even more of a enemy to these lands. But I was prepared to be here to see Ayaka. And so I am.

I lift myself from my panting lying position under the shade of the Cactus and stretch out with a yawn,chewing a few times when I fix my position into a standing pose. Black orbs scourer the heated land. If Ayaka was close she had probably smelt me here but just to make sure my lips form a perfect 'o' shape and I let out a almost echoing howl.

The white wolf was back in the Throat,for the right reasons this time though.

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

"Lupus, Lupus, Lupus. You never learn, do you?"

Aryel was still smarting from the embarrassment she had suffered at the hands-paws, rather-of Lupus when she found herself stuck under a large root. So it was no surprise that, discovering him on Throat territory, she was quite prepared to beat him to a pulp. Or, more preferably, char him to cinders with the new abilities she possessed. She had heard his howl all too clearly, and from the middle of the godsdamned Throat, of all places. Did he want to die? If that was the case, she'd happily oblige.

Java had been left to sleep the day away in the thicket she frequently bedded in, she planning to do nothing more than patrol today. It was a good thing, though, since she would doing an awful lot of rearing up and smashing her hooves into Lupus's body. Having her young companion clinging to her back would make things difficult. Now, ambling towards the white wolf, she shook her head slowly, almost sadly. "I told you, didn't I?" she asked as she neared him. "I told you that you weren't welcome here." She reached within herself to feel the fiery magic that now sang through her veins, and brought it out. Her eyes, normally the color of the deepest ocean, now began to crackle and flicker with electric blue flashes, then achieved a solid blue glow. Blue flames, seemingly conjured from the air itself, began to lick around her hooves and spark at her wingtips. She didn't release all her magic just yet, she would wait until they actually fought. For all her showiness, she was still unable to maintain the flames for long before they fizzled out, leaving her tired. "And yet here you are." she said, standing before the wolf, head tilted. "You know what that means, right? It means I gotta kill you." The flames began to jump again. "And I wouldn't mind doing it, either, considering the treatment you gave me when I was stuck. But because I'm a forgiving horse, if you give me the reason you're here, and I deem it a good one, maybe I'll let you go with just some minor branding." As she said the last word, she stomped a front hoof, sending up a puff of blue flame. Oh, how good it felt to be the one swaggering around instead of bearing the insults.

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>
In blood and honor, we will prevail.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

Great,just who I needed to show up.

I don't even look at her,I was sick of the sight of the interfering little bitch,although she was quiet a good entertainer back there at the oak where she had quickly become my throne to sit on whilst she was trapped in the roots of a tree. What idiot got themselves into that situation? And of course,when the brindled stallion had turned up the day had become a whole lot more entertaining. But this wasn't one of those days where I wanted trouble,this was a day I wanted to see Ayaka,and I have already been distracted with a spar,but Aryel was not going to distract me. She wasn't worth it anyway. I told you, didn't I? I told you that you weren't welcome here. I roll my eyes,still not looking at her. "To be honest Aryel I don't really care if i'm welcome or not." I snap at her,my jaws making a 'clack' noise when they shut. I can feel a slight heat burning from her and I spar her one glance to see blue flames flickering at her hoofs and wing tips.

And yet here you are. Ok,so I was trying to be good,but it didn't stop the odd comment coming out my jaw. "At least we know your not blind." Whilst speaking I stretch out into a lying position,crossing my front paws over and resting my head on them,looking forward,with a sigh. I was board of Aryel now,I had seen to much of her lately. You know what that means, right? It means I gotta kill you. I roll over,still under the shade of the Cactus. She wouldn't be able to kill me,even if she wanted to so badly. My paws are folded over my chest,my black orbs gazing up at the sky. It's blue was light and the sun was placed bang right in the middle of the sky,making it all the more hotter. There were no clouds in sight so it wasn't like I was looking at something in particular.

And I wouldn't mind doing it, either, considering the treatment you gave me when I was stuck. But because I'm a forgiving horse, if you give me the reason you're here, and I deem it a good one, maybe I'll let you go with just some minor branding. I let out a huff of laughter as she reminds me of when she was stuck and with her being a 'forgiving' horse,and minor branding,another cocky remark working it's way out my jaw. "What are you going to brand me then? The white wolf from the Basin who walked into the middle of the Throat without being stopped?" I turn to her as I say it,then look back up the sky. "Or is that to long?" Sighing I roll onto my side then force myself to stand,shaking my body rid of sand that had found it's way into my thick fur.

"blah blah blah."

Ayaka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The sun gentling stroke the russet pelt of Ayaka was she moved along the sandy land. Her thoughts were stuck upon Lupus. She was not able to not think about him. She loved him and he loved her back. She had never loved someone this way before. The sick and a bit twisted feeling had seemed to fade away, but what was left of it was pure happiness. The exact works that Lupus had said to her when he told her that he loved her still rang in the fae’s ears. Ever since she had first met him, she had liked him. From when he had helped her feel better about herself to when they fought off the bobcats, the feeling burned in the pit of her stomach. Although, she had to admit, she did not mind it.

The hot sand burned her soft paw pads as she moved through of the desert. Scents from the horses that were in the herd pricked at her nose, but one scent caught her attention. It was of another wolf. A very, very familiar wolf. It was Lupus of course! A small smile came to her maw as she pranced over into the direction the scent was coming from. There was also another scent. A scent of a Pegasus mare. It did not smell too familiar to her, but she would go meet whoever it was. As she kept moving, she saw two figures looming in the distance. One was Lupus, and the other was a blue roan pegasus. But a little rush of nervousness crawled up her spine. She was not sure why though, why did this come up. Pushing it to the side, she approached the two.

With a kind smile on her lips she walked next to the white wolf. “Hello everyone.” She voice was calm and friendly. The she-wolf gently nuzzled the brute. She could sense tension between the Lupus and the mare. Perhaps they had meet before and not gotten along? Ayaka had never seen Lupus around others, and maybe he acted differently. She hoped that he was not rude to others. Even if he was, she could not blame him for his personality. Her fiery orbs glanced at each of them, as she waited for one of the two to respond.

Text
"Talk"

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

"Well see, that's the problem." she said, still advancing. "Because that's sort of how territory works. I'd expect a wolf of all creatures to know that." She was acting as unconcerned as the wolf was, although she believed she had more reason to act so. Even she could handle him in a fight, and now with her magic, it would hardly be a fight. She watched as he rolled over, almost laughing at how foolish he was. He could bluster all he wanted, she still had the upper hand. She stopped for a moment, considering as he asked what she would brand him. "Nothing so long." she assured the wolf. "There's not enough meat on your skinny flank to print a message so long. I'm thinking of something more traditional. A good old-fashioned hoofprint right on your tail end." She had had enough of bantering, now she got down to business. With a snort, she broke into a charge, hooves churning up sand and blue embers. She lessened the grip on her magic, allowing the flames to fizzle out so she could save it for the attack.

She never got the chance to finally end this wolf's miserable life, though, as a sandy-colored she-wolf joined the group, giving them a pleasant greeting, and, of all things, a nuzzle to Lupus. She stopped just short of them, sand flecks spattering the white wolf as she glared at the brown wolf. She knew this one too, from the Heavenly Fields where she had met that Basin filly. And yet now she bore the scent of the Throat. "Unless you're here to help me chase off this trespasser," she said to the female slowly, her words heavy with barely-restrained fury, "you should leave." By that nuzzle, it was obvious the two wolves were friends, something that utterly baffled the the blue mare. Lupus didn't have a heart, how could he possibly have friends?

But friends or no friends, Lupus was leaving this territory, and he was going to do it now. If the she-wolf would not step aside, then Aryel would make her. The Sergeant was not one to exert her authority any more than she had to, but she would use it here if the female proved stubborn.

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

The stupid fool of a mare advances,her fucking voice burning my ears again. Because that's sort of how territory works. I'd expect a wolf of all creatures to know that. Anger starts to boil inside me. She knew nothing of wolfs,and nothing of me and yet she thought she knew everything there was to know about everything and everyone. She didn't even know why I was here and i'm sure not even blue cows could be as cruel to stop you seeing the one you loved. Not that blue cows could stop you if they wanted. There's not enough meat on your skinny flank to print a message so long. I'm thinking of something more traditional. A good old-fashioned hoofprint right on your tail end. I let out another small laugh whilst I am shaking my coat. "You wouldn't get a chance love." But before I knew it she was already galloping towards me at which point I instantly turn to face her with a low rumbling growl.

Hello everyone. Aryel comes to a halt,kicking up sand in my white fur. "Thanks." I say sarcastically. I then feel the touch of Ayaka nuzzling me,it was just what I need to allow my body to relaxed a bit and in return I nuzzle her back,catching her eye and whispering. "Hey." I turn back to face Aryel. Unless you're here to help me chase off this trespasser,you should leave. Her voice was of anger and fury,making me feel cautious of what she would try and do to Ayaka if she refused to leave. Of course though,I say try for a reason.

"Leave us Aryel." My voice is growling as I speak,as a warning that she will go. "I didn't come to talk to you." I look back to Ayaka with slightly sorry eyes that if we wanted to be together this was the kind of crap we were going to get,but true lovers don't care right? The stick by ecah others side to the very end.

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered
Text
Ayaka smelled the air to catch a scent of the blue mare. She knew that she had met her before, but forgot where. Then it came back to her. It was in the Heavenly Fields where she had met her and a foal. As her memories were coming back she remembered her name. Aryel. Her name was Aryel. She had not been too scared of her when she met her. For long that is. It seemed like ever horse she met was in a way, scared of her. Ayaka was not an aggressive wolf, unless you got on her bad side. She tries to be the kindest she can when meeting someone the first time. It was hard to do sometimes though.

Unless you're here to help me chase off this trespasser, you should leave.

The demanding voice of Aryel made Ayaka’s thoughts run away. She had not expected her to reply like that. What right did the blue mare have to tell her what to do? She tried to keep her fur from rising on its end and from her teeth to reveal themself, and she managed to do it. The smile on her maw began to fade away as she opened her maw in response to the Pegasus. “I am sorry, but I cannot help you chase him off. I can’t leave just now either. You see, Lupus is not a trespasser, but simply came over for a visit.”

A gentle nuzzle then gets returned to the she-wolf. It seemed to make her anger vanish with ease. Leave us Aryel. I didn't come to talk to you. He said to Aryel with a growl. She had a feeling in the pit of her belly that this would not end as planned.

"Talk"

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Lupus's order to leave was met with a puzzled look. The blue mare blinked, then erupted into raucous laughter. It was several seconds before she could get a hold of herself. "You..." she managed, sides shaking from laughter "are in no place to give orders." She gave herself a shake, still grinning. Lupus thought he could tell her what to do, on her own herdland? He was even more of an arrogant idiot than she thought he was. How in the hell did Ayaka fall for him in the first place?

Her smile became less broad, however, as Ayaka refused to back off. Great, now she would have to make bad blood between herself and the wolf. "You aren't in any position to give orders either." she said, swishing her tail. "As Sergeant, I'm quite sure I outrank you, therefore I'm to be the one giving orders. Likewise, Lupus, you being a known enemy on Throat territory, you'll need to listen to me too if you don't wish to be chased out." Daring a smug grin, she turned and began pacing in front of the two. "You two have a couple options. The preferable option would be for Lupus to leave immediately. Need I remind you, Ayaka, that he is part of an enemy group? Or, you can stay, provided I stay as well to keep an eye on Snowball here." She fixed Ayaka with a serious glare. "Kri would not approve of you speaking with a Basin member, you know. I could report you. My job is to protect this herd, and that's what I damn very well intend to do." She turned again to face both of the wolves, tilting her head to one side. Was she aware she was being an enormously obnoxious ass? Quite. But how she loved aggravating Lupus.

"So what's it going to be?"

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

Keep cool Lupus,just keep cool.

I was beginning to loose me patience. Why couldn't the bloody mare just let it go,I was here and I was determined not to go,and she better believe it. She better believe i'm not stupid either. I knew I was in no position to orders but the thing was,did I care? "Likewise, Lupus, you being a known enemy on Throat territory, you'll need to listen to me too if you don't wish to be chased out." I suppose it was true but yet,if I was really such a enemy,then wouldn't she just chase me out with out giving us a list of options?

I wanted to rip the guts right out of the mare that was pacing before me,acting as if we were the one's in the most danger. The preferable option would be for Lupus to leave immediately. Need I remind you, Ayaka, that he is part of an enemy group? I mange to hold back the words that were close to being spat out. I hated this place and all but one who lived here,Ayaka. And she was the only one making me hold my tongue. "Or, you can stay, provided I stay as well to keep an eye on Snowball here." A soft growl escapes me as the words 'snowball' leave the mouth of the blue cow. Yes,she had a nickname to. I am rather proud of creating it actually. "Kri would not approve of you speaking with a Basin member, you know. I could report you. My job is to protect this herd, and that's what I damn very well intend to do."

This times words leave me quickly.

"Do what you have to,like i'm ever going to listen to those like you and Kri," I hated her but above all,I was starting to hate myself,which made me hate Aryel even more for turning up at the wrong time in the wrong place. Why couldn't she just live with the fact that I was here and that she might as well get over it. Anyway she better know I was going to be turning up here a lot more often.

"Anyway i'm going to be here a lot more often and i'll make it clear,it is to see no one but Ayaka." I turn my head back to look at Ayaka,the first sign of a smile showing on my jaw line. When ever I saw her I couldn't help smiling,even at the worst of times like now. I step back to take place by her side,my body quiet close to hers.

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered

Ayaka’s ears pinned against her head as Aryel spoke. Her tail went down her she looked away from both of the figures. Maybe her and Lupus could not be together. Ayrel was right. He was in an enemy herd and if someone, like Aryel, from one of the herds saw them together, what would they do? Would they disapprove like the blue roan mare, or would they understand that no one can help where love might fall. Ayaka was sure that Aryel had a friend in an enemy herd. She just did not get it. Had Aryel never fallen under loves cast before? Maybe that’s why she did not understand.

As Aryel mentioned that she was a Sergeant, she remembered Levi. Levi was the first member that she had met in the Throat. He was kind and the fae was sure that he would understand. If only it had been him here with the two, not Aryel. “Aryel, I am sure that you have a friend that is part of a, enemy herd. Couldn’t you just let him visit this once? I’m am sure that Kri would understand that I can help that I love him. I am positive that she had had a love before, and maybe you do too. And if you do, you would understand.” Pausing for a quick sigh, she then began to talk again. “If you do not understand and still want to argue, you can stay. Just please don’t drive Lupus out and report me to Kri.” She looked up at Aryel with pleading orange orbs.

As the sign of a smile crossed Lupus’s maw, the auburn pelted lupa could not help but smile back. Their bodies so close, she could feel the heat radiating off of his body. She placed her muzzle on top of his head affectionately, and then nuzzled him tenderly. She loved him and he loved her. That one the best feeling in the world. Knowing that one loves you back.

"blah blah blah."

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel tutted as Lupus snapped at her. "Talking like that in front of your girlfriend, Snowball." she said, shaking her head. "She takes orders from Kri too, you know." That was directed at Ayaka as much as it was at Lupus. Her eyes narrowed as the male declared he would be coming here frequently. "Well, I'll just have to increase my patrols, eh? Can't do to let an enemy in without supervision. Frankly, Lupus, I neither trust you nor see how someone like you could possibly feel love." Her implication went unsaid. She still didn't totally believe Lupus and Ayaka weren't conspiring together, and she would be keeping an eye on the she-wolf.

She scowled again as Ayaka spoke, but stayed quiet until she was done. "I most certainly do not." she snapped. Why in the hell would she ever become friends with a Basin horse? Every last one of them was arrogant, racist, and deserved no better than what they gave. Still, maybe Ayaka somehow thought differently of them. Aryel ground her teeth and rolled her eyes once before speaking again. "Ayaka, I think you're an idiot for trusting him. And if he causes any harm to my family, then you'll suffer after I'm done with him. I will not report you, and he may stay, but so will I." With that, she walked off a few feet, locked her knees to a comfortable position, and stood quiet, glaring at both of them with hard eyes. She would not make any more comments unless they spoke to her, but she would listen.

Every bone in her body wanted to chase the white wolf out, and possibly the brown for good measure.

(Edit: You can skip Aryel for the next several posts unless someone talks directly to her.)

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

I felt my cheeks burning at Aryel's statement for snapping in front of Ayaka. But then, did Ayaka truly know what it was like to be taunted by someone and when you would have normally snapped back a while ago you clamped your jaws shut? I'm sure, if she did, she would know how I was feeling right now. "Well, I'll just have to increase my patrols, eh? Can't do to let an enemy in without supervision. Frankly, Lupus, I neither trust you nor see how someone like you could possibly feel love." My jaws open, as if she snap back but I force them shut and return a glare to Aryel, trying to keep my voice calm. "Maybe because she is the only one who has ever given me a chance."

The sheer arrogance of the mare made me want to kill her even more. Who is she to judge someone from the Basin? They weren't all racist and here she was, speaking as if they were dirt. No even the racist one's were dirt although I did think it was stupid that they were racist. Not that I could say anything, considering I had joined them in the Plague. When Ayaka rested her head on me I felt like this was where we were meant to be, both of us. Well, not in the Throat but together, anywhere. I turn my neck into her coat, her sweet smell making me smile, although it could not be seen, Ayaka could properly feel the movement against her skin.

"Ayaka, I think you're an idiot for trusting him. And if he causes any harm to my family, then you'll suffer after I'm done with him. I will not report you, and he may stay, but so will I." I turn my head to look at her. I don't offer her a smile but I do nod shallowly as she turns away then locks her eye's on us. When I had come here to see Ayaka, I had hoped it would just be us two, without the watchful eyes of another but it didn't seem to be turning out that way be at least, we had got a bit of space.

I turn my body so that I am not facing Aryel (I was trying to ignore the fact she was even here) and look straight into her fire like orbs, smiling slightly, my muzzle touching hers. "Sorry," I whisper, not wanting Aryel to hear. "I love you,you know that right? And I always will." I press my muzzle against her's then pull it away, not sparring Aryel even a quick glance. I lift my handsome head up and shake in, the light working perfectly for my appearance.

"So, been chasing away anymore cat's recently?" I say with a small chuckle, remembering when we had ripped apart the two bob cat's who thought they could be us.

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered

Ayaka, I think you're an idiot for trusting him. And if he causes any harm to my family, then you'll suffer after I'm done with him. I will not report you, and he may stay, but so will I. The voice of the blue mare rang in her ears. A feeling of relief crawled up her back when Aryel said that she would not tell Kri about her and Lupus. She did not care if Aryel stayed to keep an eye on Lupus. She still got to see him and it was Aryel’s duty to chase off enemies. “Thank you Aryel” Her voice was as sweet and thankful as it could ever possibly be.

Her gaze caught Lupus’s endless back orbs as the mare walked away. The touch on his muzzle on hers made a smile erupt on her soft white lips. I love you,you know that right? And I always will. His soft words made her tail wag slightly. She loved him too, and she would until she died. His snowy pelt seemed to reflect the sun’s bright rays. “I love you too.” Her voice was just as soft as his and her fiery orange eyes danced in the light. She would not let the fact of him living in an enemy herd make her stop loving him. Although others might not see it, Lupus was perfect to her. From the way his pelt would gleam in the sun, to the tone of his voice. He was perfect.

So, been chasing away anymore cat's recently? Ayaka giggled a bit at Lupus’s joke. The memory of the day when they had chased those two idiot kittens that had come and challenged them. It wasnot a bad day though, it was actually a great day. That was the day when Lupus had told Ayaka that he loved her. The memory put a smile on the fae’s maw. “No! I think that the dead bodies of the cats scared all the others away.” She joked. Her auburn pelt glimmered and her eyes gazed at the handsome white lupe.

"blah blah blah."