the Rift

missed connections. [dingo]

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

HEROES MAY DIE

Much to his surprise, the strange creature that looks much akin to an equine seems hardly a threat in the way that he speaks, nor do the wolves seem to pay him much mind as they resume carnage on their hefty meal. It was a repulsive smell, one that screamed at Destrier to run away before he had even stumbled across them this close. Yet... if instinct had been trying to drive him away, why had he pressed forward like this?

"I mean no harm," he assured, giving a small shake of his head, "I was merely exploring the depths of the forest. Perhaps it was foolish of me to venture out at such a time in a place so unknown to me." Above, the moon was able to pierce through parts of the thick canopy, and it wasn't until now that the Friesian took note of just how different Osiris was from a normal equine like himself. His coat was much too thick for Tallsun, and the coloring of it was a representation of the feasting canines not far from him. Beneath him, it was not hooves that held him up above even Destrier's height, but paws. The whole of the other creature standing before him was a curious thing indeed, but the Protector was beyond staring.

The sight that drew him in even more was the sudden appearance of what could only be a dragon, it's dark scales flashing in the light of the moon before coming to land on the hybrid's shoulder. Instantly, he was reminded of the quest given to him by the God of the Sun; he needed to fetch scales from three separate dragons, and while scale hunting had not been the reason for his wandering of the forest, why pass the rare opportunity up? The only other two dragon's he could recall were Akaith, the Dragonheart's gilded companion, and Lace's white dragoness, Fajira, whom he had not seen in recent weeks.

The wolven hybrid speaks again, asking if he were lost. He'd lost track of how far he'd ventured into the thick of the forest, but surely the rise of the sun was not too far off, nor would it be too difficult to find his way back. "I suppose I would be lying if I said I knew where I was going," he said, a short, warm chuckle leaving his throat at the statement, "But I have faith I will make it out."

By now, Destrier was wishing that he could have met the towering stallion on any other occasion. For as much as the Friesian had witnessed in his life, as many situations he'd been through, never had he found himself in quite the predicament as this one. He felt it blunt to outright and randomly request a scale from the stranger, if not a little rude. So instead, the Protector sucked his fear up and took a step forward, his posture relaxing considerably from when he had first arrived. "May I ask your name? As well as your friends here? I am Destrier of the World's Edge."

[Super awkward post is super awkward]

BUT LEGENDS ENDURE

Image Credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
missed connections. [dingo] - by Osiris - 02-22-2013, 09:14 PM
RE: missed connections. [dingo] - by Destrier - 02-24-2013, 09:34 AM
RE: missed connections. [dingo] - by Osiris - 03-13-2013, 09:33 PM
RE: missed connections. [dingo] - by Destrier - 03-31-2013, 03:27 PM
RE: missed connections. [dingo] - by Osiris - 04-06-2013, 02:08 PM
RE: missed connections. [dingo] - by Destrier - 04-14-2013, 02:05 AM
RE: missed connections. [dingo] - by Osiris - 06-13-2013, 04:52 PM
RE: missed connections. [dingo] - by Destrier - 06-17-2013, 08:46 PM