the Rift

the voice of the wood [open]

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

"Why would a stallion seeking to steal away a young filly to the dangerous wilds of this realm have such a sudden change of heart?"

The voice echoed with a faraway, mystical chant, bounding and rebounding off the nearby timbers, speaking as if from the earth, the air, the ether of the land. My violet eyes absorbed the scene swiftly, my finely crafted ears tilting atop my tiara, capturing what was said with as much ease if it everything had been whispered to me, and me alone. My slender frame pulls itself from the surrounds, looking between the unicorn stallion, so pale and unfamiliar, who tried to hard to give advice to the chocolate youngster, who only sought solace and comforts of an absent family. I offered a smile to the youth, the corners of my mouth creasing with warm welcome. I lowered my horned crown to her unhorned façade, tilting it so that its sharp point would not poise a threat to her.

"The World's Edge is a land where those who have sworn to protect their kin against all else reside. It is a land of mists and darkness, of forests and oceans, of beauty, grace and family."

I speak the words with passion to the youth, my voice lowering in volume, so that only a whisper drips from my maw, deigned to tickle only this little one's ears. With familiar ease I look up to the titanic beast who stands nearby, with his youth lingering near as always, a similar smile curling my lips, though this one is one offered to a comrade, a member of my kin. I would admit to a friendship having been forged between us, forged by the repetitive meetings we seem to have as we welcome new creatures to our borders.

With much less affection in my gaze, I turn a steely stare onto the unicorn stallion, who seemed indecisive to say the least, wanting to whisk away this youth to the dangers of the wilds, and then change his mind and enter my herdland? It was not something I could allow, it did not sit well with me. I look to the chocolate youth once more, my gaze softening, my voice smooth and honey-like in its sweetness. "I am Hellena, young one. What is your name?" Deciding to, for the most part, ignore the existence of the pale unicorn stallion, I focus a cheery smile upon this youth, hoping to provide her with a promise of a home that would fulfil all that she unknowingly sought in this world.

Hellena</style>
May the stars tuck you in at night,
May the Moon watch over you, always.
</style>

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Messages In This Thread
the voice of the wood [open] - by Eldrinn - 02-23-2013, 01:47 AM
RE: the voice of the wood [open] - by Faelon - 02-23-2013, 02:42 PM
RE: the voice of the wood [open] - by Thor - 02-24-2013, 01:47 AM
RE: the voice of the wood [open] - by Eldrinn - 02-24-2013, 02:34 AM
RE: the voice of the wood [open] - by Faelon - 02-25-2013, 09:17 AM
RE: the voice of the wood [open] - by Hellena - 02-26-2013, 03:10 AM