the Rift

the voice of the wood [open]

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

The arrival of Solstice was surprising, though at the same time, her motherly tendencies could attribute to her need to be here, to protect a youth, to guide her in the right direction. The painted femme met my eyes, and proffered me an introduction - I did not respond directly, aside from bowing my delicate tiara in response, acknowledging that we had now been formally introduced. Her warnings to the unknown stallion were harsher than those I had originally applied to him, and I almost felt a pang of regret at his situation - he handled himself calmly, but while he was cool and collected in his replies, the fact still remained that his intentions were unclear. He claimed them to be sincere, to be true, honest, justified them by claiming he was protecting the youth - just as they were. But was it wise to tempt a minor to go and frolic in the wilds?

"What you say is correct Sir, we know nothing of you, and therefore, we cannot trust you, nor can we take your words for truth." Calmly my voice replies to his own. Perhaps I was harsh in my judgement, but like he said, we had only these few moments to judge him by. Maybe, if he proved himself worthy in the future, our judgements would change. "Perhaps if you could see the situation through our eyes you would understand." I add, tilting my crown slightly as I peel my violet gaze away from him, redirecting it to the interaction of the fillies before us. It was questioning circumstances indeed, though perhaps if was just as questionable for Thor to arrive here and offer the filly a home in the Edge. But that was different, for I knew Thor, I knew his heart was pure, his intentions truly good. He offered these newcomers true promise, true potential, whereas this unknown steed offered nothing more than a dangerous adventure in the wilds of Helovia - what more could he offer?

I smiled as the fillies entered their own world, a land of play and intrigue, and without hesitation, I angle my bodice to encourage their play to occur in the direction of our home, of this little Eldrinn's new home, the World's Edge. I look to Thor and Solstice expectantly, hoping they pick up on the subtle, silent language, and aid me in ushering these youths back towards safety. "Perhaps if you prove yourself, stallion, you might earn yourself a home amongst our ranks. For now, I can only recommend you to appeal to our leader." I offer the information to the pale horned steed over my shoulder. It is unlikely that he would ever gain my own trust, but perhaps if he proved himself worthy.. Time would tell.

"Come, girls," I say warmly, bowing my tiara to their height, a gentle smile curving my pewter lips with a playful amusement sparkling behind my eyes. With a low wuffle, I trot forth with lengthy, flowing strides, coaxing and encouraging them to follow, to comes and discover what a family, and a home, truly means.

Hellena</style>
May the stars tuck you in at night,
May the Moon watch over you, always.
</style>

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Messages In This Thread
the voice of the wood [open] - by Eldrinn - 02-23-2013, 01:47 AM
RE: the voice of the wood [open] - by Faelon - 02-23-2013, 02:42 PM
RE: the voice of the wood [open] - by Thor - 02-24-2013, 01:47 AM
RE: the voice of the wood [open] - by Eldrinn - 02-24-2013, 02:34 AM
RE: the voice of the wood [open] - by Faelon - 02-25-2013, 09:17 AM
RE: the voice of the wood [open] - by Hellena - 02-26-2013, 03:10 AM