isn't it ironic? [open]

Leliel Posts: 55
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 9
ali

LELIEL</style>
 Art by Blu
 Code by Boom Boom</style>

I am not a fan of irony and yet it seems like my life is one ironic situation after another. I had thought upon escaping Janat that my quality of life would improve. No longer would I stand alone on the mountain tops, banished from my family for crimes I did not commit. No longer would I be alone. I would have a chance at leading a somewhat normal life. But look at me. Since setting foot in Helovia I have done nothing but turn away from anyone who showed the slightest interest in me. I've spent all my time standing on this bloody mountain top and looking down at the clouds that obscured my view of the world below.

I almost miss Muriel, I realize suddenly. No, maybe I do miss her. As loud and obnoxious as I could find her to be at times she broke me out of my shell. I felt less misery when she was around. She almost made me feel like I had a purpose. I suppose it's ironic that I drove her away and now miss her.

My sides heave as I sigh heavily and forcefully turn my thoughts to something, anything else. The grass is growing quickly, but then it always did up here on this mountain top that miraculously avoided the plague winter brought. I guess that's because the sun feels so close up here. The grass tastes better than the grass in Janat, I think as I tear a mouthful of it from the ground. My tail twitches back and forth and my ears tilt back against my head as I grow increasingly aggravated with myself.

I am a fool. I am a hermit. I've brought myself nothing but misery since I escaped Janat. Perhaps it wasn't the elders and my family that made me so miserable. Maybe I really am cursed by the gods. Maybe my fate in life is to lead a life of loneliness and misery.

...maybe falling from the skies wouldn't be a bad way to go, I think as I lift my head to peer down over the edge once more at the clouds.

NIGHT FALLS AND I'M ALONE.</style>

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

onni. </style>
Distance feels further when you love with fervor 
and no second thoughts.  </style>

Modest in stature and quiet in nature, it was no surprise that as Leliel moves toward the edge of the Field, he does not seem to take notice of the healer who is bowled over looking intently at a set of flowers, gauging if they may or may not have useful medicinal properties. The little songbird hops around on the stalks of more sturdy plants, chirping peaceful songs from his beak, singing a soft tune for his bonded while she works. The knit of her brow deems this challenge of herbs to be quite the attention eater, for were it not for the skulking figure of black and blue being so damned large, she may not have even noticed his quiet presence at all.

However, as he moves like a shadow across the field, tearing up shoots of grass and chewing them with a grumpy look upon his darklit face, while the pale toned shaman begins to hum to herself as she nudges a pink flower with her soft muzzle, accidentally inhaling pollen and setting into a coughing fit. Surprised, her head raises, and Lyhty chirps in alarm, sailing instantly before her face and staring with crimson eyes. "Onni alright?" the little voice coos in her mind, and the painted lady smiles through a hack, as if to say wordlessly she was alright. Shaking her head once the pollen has been dislodged, her pale eyes meet with the looming, tall figure of black.

Her stocky set neck cranes in his direction, glancing at his sour disposition curiously, as well as the extra wings that lay upon his back. Tilting her head, a smile forms on her face as the herbs are long since forgotten with this sweet promise of distraction, her hooves setting her pace foward in a steady trot. The long limbs of grass reach up to graze her stomach as she trots by, legs weaving in and out, trying to avoid the crushing of delicate flowers which greeted her with colorful smiles. When she is a few paces from Leliel, she comes to a graceful stop, bowing her head slightly in a respectful gesture to this stranger who stood much taller from the earth than she. His colors reminded her of a deep night, and the look of emptiness on her face reminded her very much of the cold end of the day.

"Hello," she says, her voice light as the wind itself. "I am Onni. Might I trouble you for some company?" From her shoulder, Lyhty watches over with a grumpy expression that might mirror Leliel's on his tiny face.
""

Hidden Account
ali

LELIEL</style>
 Art by Blu

My ears swivel around and lay back against my dark skull as a feminine voice floats through the air and assaults them. One thing I can say is that the voice is not as grating as Muriel's so I can thank whatever God has sympathy for me that she has not found me once more. This God, however, must not have too much sympathy for me because if he did then I would be left alone. My tail snaps against my flanks and I finally turn my head. Lo and behold, the same mare that had found me when I'd first run from Janat and ended up here. Her and that damned little bird that attacked my face.

"You again." I say, making it known that I know her. "And you." I narrow my eyes on the bird and snort before allowing my gaze to drift back to the patchy mare. I heave my shoulders in what could be considered a shrug in response to her question of company. She can have all the company she wants, but eventually she'll grow bored and leave. They all do, not that it matters much to me. I'm used to being alone.

"What do you want?" My question comes mere seconds after I shrug at her. I glance over at her with a look that says I'm serious and want a serious answer. What is it about me that encourages others to come up to me and talk to me. Why can't I just be miserable in my own company and my own alone?

Lythe Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Lythe
Chasing butterflies and broken dreams

The sun was warm and bright, promising a day of peaceful rest. The large black and white stallion who trod on the rocky path that ascended up the mountain looked up at the clear blue sky with crystalline, purple eyes. An innocent, childish smile made its way onto his lips as he eagerly continued forward. It was the perfect day to explore this new land he had come to and Lythe was filled with the excitement of adventure that was intensified when he entered into a mysterious fog that seemed to defy the midday sun.

In order to match the mystical weather, Ly's active imagination turned him into a sorcerer of old seeking a place of solitude to meditate on the inner workings of the world. "Fear not! We shall protect Helovia from all that may threaten it." Conjuring the image of a young filly who was his helper in all things magical he nodded to her with a calm smile and trotted up the path. "Perhaps when we reach the top of this mountain the gods will let us know where we are most needed next." Wrapped up in his childish daydream when Lythe first emerged out of the mist and onto the field he failed to notice two other equines and simply stood at the edge of it grinning like a fool.

A gentle wind that brought the scent of two others caused Lythe's frame to lose all of the confidence that he had had as a sorcerer and return him to the terribly shy, awkward stallion that he truly was. Shuffling his feet at the edge of the field, he stood indecisively and looked at the two pegasi from the corner of his eyes. The mare was colored similarly to himself but with dark brown splotches and an ivory-blonde mane. While he might have eventually worked up enough courage to approach the mare by himself, the additional presence of a black and blue stallion made him fidget nervously. Mares had tended to be kinder to him in the past then other stallions. He normally just flat out refused to talk to other males which made them think that he thought that he was better then they were when in fact he just has no idea how to talk to anyone other then foals.

Not knowing exactly what to do, Lythe just stood awkwardly while both trying to make eye contact and avoiding any connection with the other two. It was the chirping of a bird that brought his full attention to them. Eyes going wide, Ly took a step forward to get a better look at the finch that sat on the mare's shoulders. How did she get the bird to stay with her? Was there any way that he might achieve such companionship? Fascinated by the little bird, the stag simply watched as it moved about.

text text text

"blah blah blah."

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

onni. </style>
Distance feels further when you love with fervor 
and no second thoughts.  </style>

The painted girl blinks rather owlishly at the dark hued stallion. You again. Puzzled, the tobiano concentrates, her pale eyes growing distant as she thinks back to a time where she might have met this fellow. It is blurry, hard to draw forth such a time, but there is something the vehemence which addresses Lyhty that brings forth a smile of recognition onto her features. "I remember you!" she says, her voice light and airy, almost as if a miracle had occurred from simple recollection. Onni's eyes grow with fondness as she thinks back to the small encounter in the Threshold. Surely, this one had not been in high spirits or any sort of state to draw conversation from then, but now, perhaps, he might be.

"You were in the Threshold. Leliel is your name, right?" she asks, pale, open face as she regards this stranger with a smile. A name did not always rule someone out as a stranger. After all, it was apparent from the moody, sleek black appearance of the stallion that he was far from familiar with the young healer. Still, she could not help but step slightly closer, knowing that they were at least on terms of names now. Lyhty himself chirps rather balkingly at the stallion for his tone, almost as if the small songbird were trying to chide a smile child.

The tone of his question was rather brutish, but Onni's smile does not dim or fade. She is quite delighted to have remembered him, even if that gave her no winning points for having forgotten in the first place. Without skipping a beat, the healer looks at him with a calm face and offers her rebuttal. "I believe I already told you. I am in search of company." Her voice is even, calm, and she looks out over the field with a smile. "You also looked like you could use a bit of it yourself." It is then that the figure of another captures her attention, but more so through the eyes of the small bird about her shoulder than her own sky orbs.

An equine, massive. It was a wonder that he had managed to escape the healer's attention, but Onni had always been a tad slow on the uptake during a normal day. During battle or the long night, perhaps, she would be more honed into the movement around her. Now, she was more focused on Leliel who looked down right sullen than the stallion who peers rather timidly over, though his eyes take on a light of fascination as he catches sight of Lyhty. The songbird, feeling uncomfortable under the intent gazes, chitters unhappily and soars over to the other side of Onni's neck, glaring over with small crimson eyes.

"Forgive Lyhty," she says with a calm smile, welcoming and warm. "He has no sense of manners, I'm afraid."
""

Muriel Posts: 54
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 6 Years 4 Months
Brit

image by pinksherbet @ flickr.com</style>

Her beloved was starting to become awfully good at escaping her adoring gaze, and it had turned Muriel into a rather pouty princess. Every time her plum irises lifted for even a moment, her midnight love would disappear without a sound. Having to follow and track him down time after time, starting from the very moment she had loyally followed him from their land of angels, was starting to make her very unhappy. Of course the sweet lass was about as fearsome as a pup scolded by its mother after play, but she was reluctant to call it pouting. So instead she took to the skies once more, embracing the sapphire expanse with wings that glowed coral beneath the sun of autumn. Each wing, of which she proudly sported four, worked more than average as she scoured the land for her ebony boyfriend, lips and face puckered and twisted into a glower. Even when frustrated as she was, Muriel was the image of beauty, a grace that came with her prime and the lines of her ancestors. Sighing unhappily over her lack of success in trying to find her lost love, she angled North and let her wings take her where they wished.

Perhaps it was nostalgia that directed her towards the Heavenly Fields. They seemed eerily similar to those back home, and though she held no regrets for leaving to follow Leliel into Helovia, it made her ache with a desire to have lived there with him in peace. Knowing he would never be truly happy back in Janat, she easily let that thought bounce like a dizzy rabbit from her mind. Somewhere above Lady Fate smiled and as the fog beneath her ribboned roseate pillars, what greeted her was a familiar bodice of electric blue and midnight obsidian. Dual sets of wings only further cemented what she knew in her heart, and with a shriek of excitement she tilted herself earthbound and folded her wings. Like an arrow she sped down at a speed bordering on dangerous, slim form darting like a soft rose blur towards her beloved. Just as she had the first time she had officially found him in Helovia, she whinnied his name for all to hear in her chirpy voice. "Leliel!!" Instinctively knowing when to snap her wings back open she landed swiftly beside him, glee turning her into a nearly squealing filly as she darted forward to press her muzzle to his face reverently.

Two others were in their presence but she paid them no mind for the moment, wings fluttering like a hummingbird as she sidled as close to her love as she could get. "I've been looking for you everywhere! I missed you so much Lele!" Only when her mind picked up on the fact that one of the two nearby was a female. Her encounter with Mirage and Vikram instantly surged through her mind and dark lavender eyes narrowed slightly, though her sweet smile never faded from her lips. "I'm Muriel, Leliel's girlfriend. Who are you?" Had an outsider been merely listening they would think her perfectly friendly and cordial, but the warning look in her eyes spoke otherwise to Onni. Remembering the words she had heard in passing during her descent, her crown rose high in her tall form and she tossed her gold-streaked magenta locks over her shoulder arrogantly. Stepping closer to Leliel she haughtily regarded Onni, though the sugary smile dimmed but never disappeared. "I am all the company he needs. You have done enough being with him until I returned, you are no longer completely needed," she chirped. Let nobody say she wasn't blunt. Once her claim had been established thoroughly enough for her satisfaction she turned newly gleaming plum irises to Leliel, adoration lacing every part of her visage.

MURIEL</style>
 i tried to make the words become a kingdom to your soul.</style>

Hidden Account
ali

LELIEL</style>
 Art by Blu

I certainly hope that I leave very little impression on everyone else that I've come across as it seems I have this mare. She doesn't even ... nevermind, she remembers me now. And listen to that, she even remembers my name. Its been a long time since I heard my name on the lips of another. It sounds weird and I'm not entirely sure I like it, but what can I do. It was the name I was given on the day I was born, its the only name I've ever known. When Onni speaks again I just blink and look at her. "If I wanted company I would have gone out and found it myself." I inform her matter of factly, but I already can assume that she's one of those mares that doesn't pay much attention to anything anyone else has to say. In one ear and out the other, they say.

Another one comes, this one a stallion who stays away and stares instead. I only give him a glance before I look back to the mare who claims that I want company and her stupid little bird. It thinks its so fierce, hiding on her and glaring at me. I return its glare with one of my own, but it doesn't last long. Immediately, I know who screeched my name and I visibly deflate as Muriel comes diving down and lands gracefully beside me.

Today just keeps getting worse, doesn't it?

"Stop it, Muriel." I say stiffly when she begins telling me that she missed me. I know, however, that if anyone missed me she's the one that did. She's always been the nicest to me for whatever reason. My jaw dropped when she introduced herself as my girlfriend for the second time since she'd come to Helovia. "You are not!" Exasperation laced my tone as my blue eyes found and narrowed on her. "Stop telling everyone that!"

My mouth snapped shut with her sudden dismissal of the other mare. Jealous much? I heaved a sigh and turned my back on the two mares and the stallion that stood there staring.

"."