the Rift

[FALLS] into the unknown

Aelerin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

AELERIN

New. Unknown. Everything about this place whispered of hidden nooks and crannies just begging to be explored. And, more importantly than that, it was beaming with opportunity.

But now wasn't the time for that. Priorities firmly in place, the young mare set one delicate hoof in front of the other, making her way to the threshold of this place that she had only so recently discovered. She knew that this was only one tiny piece of the landscape, but already she was enthralled, her wide mocha eyes taking in every available sight while petite auds swiveled endlessly atop her finely crafted head. Finally, Aelerin was getting the opportunity to do things her own way, and she was thrilled at the thought of it.

She had heard stories about the wonders of this place; the old magic that lingered here and expressed itself in some of the creatures that called Helovia home. And now she was here to see it for herself, to put a name to the sensation she could feel drawing her in the right direction, calling her name and silently saying that this was where she was meant to be.

Aelerin paused then, in a clearing lit by the sunlight filtering through the patchwork canopy above, creating mottled spots on her gray-brown coat. The air was thick in here, warmed by the mid-day heat and the lack of any sort of breeze between the conifers. But the scents told her that there were others here, some like her and some not quite as similar. This forest was alive, and she couldn't wait to experience every part of it. She waited, though, frame tense and ears pricked perfectly forward, straining to hear what she thought was the sound of hoofbeats approaching.

words: 292
OOC: first post in a very long time. excuse the awkwardness and brevity.

Actions
"Speech"
Thoughts

Argetlam Posts: 51
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 7
Adoptable

argetlam</style>

Indeed there were hoofbeats, quiet, muffled thuds on the forest floor of a stallion tall and broad, muscular and with the potential to be handsome, in the eyes of the beholder. Yet despite his architectural advantages as a warrior, towering at 17 hands high with a body that can, and would, sustain abuse with ease, his mind was gentle and his words quiet, and more often than not he mumbled and stuttered, skipping over words or they not forming correctly on his tongue. Crafters, it always seemed, were often like this- they had little regards for society, instead valuing individuality and originality. However, valuing independence was not scorning the herds, and Argetlam, the great dapple gray was named, was quite a social... er, well, not butterfly, persay, but sociable enough.

The crafter had taken to the Threshold as had many of the Foothills, hoping to recruit for the coming invasion. At any moment, any day, any hour, they could all be fighting for their home, their beloved Foothills. Yes, the herd was small, and boring at times, but it was their Foothills; it definitely should not be for mercenaries. Mercenaries never had morales, Argetlam told himself, but whether to comfort himself with the sketchy concept of fighting or in honesty, that was unknown, even to him. His heart twinged uneasily, and he sighed. Even now, the gape in his memory disturbed him, despite him coming more to terms with it. Surely it must've been related to the mercenaries, he thought to himself.

Yet still he felt uneasy.

Much to his relief, his eyes were drawn to a figure in the forest, a foreigner, with only wild-scent, as Argetlam nick-named the blend of pine, sap, and loneliness. Sometimes horses wore wild-scent with quiet pleasure, others they were simply lost in Helovia, waiting for someone to come by and care for them. Whatever the case, Argetlam needed to greet her with cordiality and politeness.

"Hello!" He called, picking up into a brisk trot towards her, silver barettes flashing in his mane and tail. "I am Argetlam, miss, a Foothills stallion, may I help you?"

Baldur Posts: N/A
Unregistered
ONLY A WARRIOR knows
the true meaning of war

This forest was familiar to him now. With it's tall, strong trees that towered above him and the calming smells of moss and bark. It was here where he had entered the land of Helovia not too long ago after all. He had joined a herd at that time, and now he made his home in the Windtossed Foothills with the rest of the Equines.

For now though, he was content to just stroll through the forest at a relaxed pace. Why not, if it was such a beautiful day out? He wasn't one for lying around when he could be out enjoying himself anyway.

The stallion wandered slowly through the forest, the sound of his hooves muffled slightly by the mossy forest floor. He stopped occasionally to take in the views, the small flowers that came in a variety of colours and shapes, and to enjoy the warmth of the sun that shone between the trees and onto his tall form.

As he moved further in, he wondered just how many others had passed through here before him, and how many others that would in the future. This forest must have seen all kinds of things in it's lifetime, he thought lazily...

He was woken from his thoughts when he came upon the edge of a sunlit clearing. Pausing, he started to look around the clearing to see if anyone else was in the clearing. When his gaze reached the middle, he realised there was another standing there. An equine mare with a brown-grey coat.

Seeing that she looked a bit tense, Baldur decided to approach in a relaxed manner so as not to startle the younger horse. He went to move forward when he noticed another approaching from the other side of the clearing and address the mare.

He tensed slightly at the entrance of the other stallion, but decided to make his appearance anyway.

"Looks like I'm not the only one who was tempted by the weather..." he said, with a slight chuckle to show he meant no harm.

Word count: 342
OOC: Sorry if it is short... XD;

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
Think, think, think.

Unregistered

AELERIN

So her senses had not deceived her after all, the muffled hoofbeats she had heard approaching weren't just a figment of her imagination. Before long, a very real, very large stallion made his way toward her, his enormous bulk towering over her petite 14.3 hand frame. He seemed a little tense as he drew nearer, but she supposed she couldn't fault him for that, as she was equally as uneasy. Drawing herself up to a straighter and, she hoped, more confident looking posture, her deep brown eyes looked him over more fully, from his sturdy feathered limbs all the way to his kind, golden eyes, and she relaxed a bit.

As the words spilled from his maw Aelerin felt herself breath a sigh of relief. He was being polite and friendly, and despite his stature she could somehow sense that she had no reason to fear him. She inhaled sharply, a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth as she formed a response to his kind words, but before she had the opportunity to do so a second stallion approached and her words died on her tongue.

This newcomer was tall too. Aelerin wondered if all the equines she met here would tower over her like giants. Nares flaring a bit, she caught his scent on the breeze, and noted the similarities between the two stallions she was now facing. Perhaps they came form the same herd. What was it the first one had said? Argetlam, a Foothills stallion. Surely that had to be where these stags were from. Turning her attention back to the first drafty stud that had approached, she nodded her head to him slightly in greeting.

"Pleasure to meet you, Argetlam, stallion of the Foothills." She said, her voice sweet as honey. She turned then to glance at the other stallion, addressing them both as she added, "My name is Aelerin, and as I'm sure you've both guessed I'm new to these lands." She looked back and forth between them, noting their similarities and differences, and remembering that she still didn't know the honey-colored brute's name. "Lucky for me, it would seem that I've encountered the welcoming party. Are all the wayward ladies who wander here so lucky?" She asked, the smile on her mug and her dancing eyes speaking to her good humor.

words: 389
ooc: yay new friends!

Actions
"Speech"
Thoughts

Argetlam Posts: 51
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 7
Adoptable
[because of the invasion i'm not sure how we want to kick this off...?]

Unregistered
ooc: do you think we should continue it? if you want to continue and aelerin gets along with argetlam and baldur (which i'm thinking she will), she would follow them even if they don't have the foothills to return to. if you don't want to continue just let me know and i'll have her labeled an outcast for now.

Unregistered
OOC: alrighty, so I've put in a request for her to be changed to outcast when this thread is over. lets continue in the original posting order, and when we're finished we will see what's happening/happened with foothills and go from there. sound good to you both?

Baldur Posts: N/A
Unregistered
ONLY A WARRIOR knows
the true meaning of war

He was glad that he had not appeared to startle the small mare upon making his entrance into the clearing, but that may have been helped by the fact she was distracted by the entrance of the other equine. The other stallion was of a similar height to himself, which must have been a little shocking to the considerably smaller mare. His appearance had put Baldur himself on edge, but that was the same for every stallion he met, regardless of stature.

The other stallion seemed to be a little on edge as well as he approached, but whether this was because he felt threatened by Baldur or because he was nervous around others, he couldn't tell. He continued to keep his guard up regardless, although he kept his outward appearance relaxed so as not to make either of them any more nervous.

But he needn't have worried, for the other stallion introduced himself politely as a Foothills member and with no sign of malice. He relaxed considerably at Argetlam's words and the realisation that he was an ally. As did the young mare, whose name he did not yet know.

It had looked like she was about to give her own introduction before she noticed Baldur's appearance. He waited silently as she regarded him, before she turned back to the other stallion and greeted him in a smooth voice. He listened calmly and with a smile as she gave her name as Aelerin and confirmed she was not of Helovia originally, just as he himself was not.

"A pleasure to meet you Aelerin and Argetlam!" he said happily, laughing in amusement at Aelerin's comment about the welcoming party. He suddenly realised that he hadn't actually given his name yet. "Ah, I am Baldur by the way, also of the Foothills. Which makes us allies, eh Argetlam?" He said casually and looked over to Argetlam with a smile.

Word count: - 318
OOC: - That is fine with me. :3 Elope allowed me to skip over her by the way, just so you know. XD

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
Think, think, think.