the Rift

Thrown into the unknown [Open]

Desdemona Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

"You are no longer welcome here." Those single words crossed her mind once more, her father had saw fit to chase her off from there herd; not that she would of stayed as it was out of her own choice. Her mother had pleaded at first before being silenced by her father; there was no two ways about it; she had to go or take her mother places. The rules had been harsh and no different for her other siblings; they had as well been driven out from the herd at the ages of three and four years. Desdemona her self had managed to stay slightly longer then her siblings; this time was used by her mother to prepare her for the outside world one that was alien to the one she was used to in the valley with the rest of her family. No matter, Des wasn't going to start looking back now or ever. As to where her two other siblings had disappeared off to, she did not know yet she didn't seek to know where they had gone or what had happened to them. Most oft heir time together had been spent fighting among themselves, rarely if ever did they readily get along with one another. Des had nearly killed her brother at one point, simply he had pushed her over the edge with his bullying of her; something she no longer stood for. After this act had been done, er brother had fallen in line and knew now to respect her above all els; lest he wished for another beating done by her.

A simple snort broke the twilights silence, the black coated mare pushed forth here and there from the few bits of light that was left would revel the usual markings she had upon her self, the stripes upon her legs were the most noticeable along with the ones covering her rump. The oddest thing about them however was the fact they were a tealishgreen color and faded into a darker purple; the same could be said for the mane an tail. A pair of feathered wings also sprouted form her back; taking on the greenishteal and dark purple coloring; even here those stripes were making themselves known. There was no doubt; she was one oddly colored Pegasus. Accompanying the colors her mother he sprouted; unlike the white coloring she had shared with her other siblings. Desdemona to the horror of her mother had taken on the looks her father sprouted and markings alike; if one wasn't looking at them correctly one could easily mistake them for twins; save for Des being slightly shorter then he. Even so, she had been trained by her father and a few other hand selected stallions by him; making her a fighter and an assassin if the timed called for such a thing., perhaps the easiest job was simply being a spy yet despite this training she found that one the most boring of them all. Then again, gathering information on a herd one that your own was at war with hardly proved to be an interesting task; to her at lest.

As the light faded from view and the moon yet to make it self known was making this a very dark night indeed, something had put her on the alert just as the sun vanished behind the thickly wooded forest and possible mountains beyond it. A strange scent lurked about yet she could not pinpoint it's location. Carefully she moved forward placing one hoof in front of the other as she picked her way through the forest, something wasn't right. This felt like a a predator, something or someone was hunting her. What it was, Des could not openly say but she wasn't going to stick around to find out either. Ears pinning against her skull she moved into a slightly faster walk; almost a trot at this point. A feeling of unease washing over her, whatever it was she would much rather facing the creature rather then being stalked as she was now.

Occ; Kind of rambled here xD, but it will do. Also open for whoever/herd wise.

Dúchanar Posts: N/A
Unregistered

[Image: 5104d81316917]

The Devil Cries
All through the night

The dark ebony stallion had just been to the World's Edge and was still waiting to be accepted and figured what better way to prove himself? He had been kindly welcomed by Thor and even though he wasn't one to be thankful, he was very thankful for Thor's generosity towards him, for he surely did not deserve anything of what Thor did. Thor had kept a calm demeanor towards the rude stallion, even through his snappy remarks. Duch wasn't used to this whole "herd" thing but he might as well get used to it.

It had not been to long since Duch had been in the threshold where he had met Thor and Hector. He took a liking to Thor almost right away. but his position on Hector remained unscathed, he hated him just like he hated everyone else. The way the larger stallion had spoken to him didn't help either, but that was a while ago, no reason dwelling in the past right? Wrong. That was the reason Duch was the way he was, his past haunted him like dreams, though he was still awake. Haunting memories of his fathers face, and all that blood that covered his mother. And who could forget his one and only love? Nova, a snowy mare of pure beauty. Duch had found life again once upon a time, shone past his evil shell and revealed his soft core, but now his coating was thicker than ever. His heart grew colder as the days went on. His memories and flashbacks increased. Most would say he was on the verge of insanity, but Duch kept himself right on the line.

He found himself looking at a mare, she had odd coloring, but it intrigued the dark stallion. She had beautiful stripes that covered her body. They were teal and dark purple from what he could tell from the remaining sunlight. He smirked as he grew closer. The increasingly setting sun made him almost invisible except for his face. He was like a ghoul in the night. He thrived in the dark. What better time to be out for an evil stallion?

He could tell the mare knew of his precence, she was smart, and obviously knew something or another about protecting herself, but this didn't weer the stallion off his path. He followed her close behind before quickening his pace off to the side of her. His steps werent silent, but in the dark he was invisible. He stepped out infront of the mare and smirked ever so slightly. His head low, looking up at her with his cold heartless eyes with no depth.

Well hello there miss he said raising his head ever so slightly to look her in the eyes. He smiled this time. It wasn't a comforting smile but more of one showing that he meant no harm, well, partially. Dúchanar was all he said, another soft smirk creeping over his lips.

Unregistered

Hurriedly the striped and charcoal coated mare picked her way through the thickly wooded forest even as the last of the light died and reveled a word of darkness; the only light came from the stars above and even they did not provide much light or comfort for the seem-fleeing mare. Amethyst eyes looked right and left and before her as she moved; something was there. But what was the question? If the dark mare had to she very well would face the danger and either kill it or deter it from attacking her. A simple predator, say a bear or a wolf would be easy to scare off, now a pack of wolves would be a different story along with a sly stalking cougar. Simply making your self look big or frightening usually was enough, rarely did she have to draw blood or kill something, but when she did, she made sure it stayed dead.

Suddenly the sound of hooves reached her ears, wait, hooves? Was there some other equine here? Slowing her rushing trot she nearly came to a stop as her head turned this way and that as she looked for the owner of the hooves of which was obviously trailing her. He suddenly cut her off causing her to slid to a stop, a snort was given as she eye'd the brute before her. From his smile, she couldn't tell if he was going to be harmful or not, never the less she was ready to give him a swift kick up the ass if she had to. "Desdemona." A chilled reply to his rather strange behavior towards her. "Why do you stalk me?" The words left her lips with a slight touch of annoyance entering her voice. The mare took a few steps back, preferring to keep a small distance from him.

Unregistered

The Devil Cries
All through the night

The mare slid to a stop and Duch lunged himself in front of her. He didn't budge at all, if she was to slide into him, so be it. When she spoke her words were just as cold as his own. She showed no fear towards him and was clearly very sure of herself. Duch couldn't help but let out a smile when she asked why he was stalking her.

Well you see, that would merely be your point of view. Stalking would be you view, but from mine, I could ask, Why were you running from me?" he chuckled slightly as he took a few steps forward and circled the mare. His movements were slow and graceful, almost like he was slithering like a snake. His eyes were like a wolfs, looking at his prey, yet the dark stallion meant no harm towards her.

He came back to face the mare, his pale white face looking into hers. I come from the World Edge, and if you would care to join me, then I will take you there. His austalian voice cracked slightly when he said he came from such a place, and that he would soon call it home as soon as Mirage took a liking to him. He sighed and hoped this mare would not find his 'rudeness' even though he had been on his best behavior whilst talking to her.

Of course the thought were running through his head though, he would certainly like this mare to bare one of his own, but he had to not let his thoughts overcome his actions. He had to be "honorable" at this moment for he was representing the Edge even if he wasn't quite considered apart of the herd yet.

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
The air moved with an electricity akin to the promise of war and perhaps such a thing was not so far out of reach as I had formerly thought. After all, with the Grey moving to the forefront and drawing figurative swords whispering possibilities of invasion, no one was safe. My sweet Thor was unaware of the imposing threat but of course I had no way to bridge the connection between animal and creator. I was quite surprised to learn of the potential theft of Lace from the Edge because it was awfully close to home considering Willow and Romani had been from the Foothills. Maybe there was something I was missing? I knew that Thor wouldn’t know of the impending threats, no not yet. He was all too concerned with his relationship with Tamira and the birth of his new daughter Essetia. Along with his personal affairs came the duties of fighting for his position as Captain. He was more determined than ever and how could I blame him? He was becoming a valued member of the herd so why wouldn’t he try to position himself as such?

But that didn’t keep him from visiting the Threshold from time to time. When he wore the title of Captain, would it change his morals or perhaps the way others viewed him? He was but a mere Nurse now and no one seemed to fear him or even find interest in his name. Would becoming Captain lay a big fat red “X marks the spot” on his back? For curiosity’s sake I hoped it did. Though I’m not sure the big draft would ever agree with such an idea.

He was looking a bit rough after his spar with Mirage the Dragonheart and his pretty little hide had been marked with cuts and bruises. But that didn’t take away from his imposing heft or the fact that he was all around large and in charge. After all, what better attributes to become Captain? How I humor myself. From time to time I found him growing soft in the arms of love and the fresh idea that he belonged with soul mate Tamira but she wasn’t as sure of him as he was her and how could I blame her? Didn’t all females fall for the “bad boy”? Maybe he needed to take a few tips from a member of the Basin, like the Doctor. Maybe then he would have Tamira swooning at his feet. But alas, the day that Thor stooped down into the muck of the Basin would be the day that he took his own life (well the day that I took it for him.)

I digress because that was not what I intended to narrate today and perhaps I needed a new day job too but I guess things such as these were just as well. Thor was a sap and I was very much his bitchy mentor without the bells and whistles; we get what we get. Thor had come from the Edge that morning, thinking happy thoughts about life and family as always. Perhaps they strayed to darker things like war and the like but he would never let anyone believe those kinds of thoughts would ever cross his cheery mind. Besides, I had a few things in store for him and living in a fantasy world forever was definitely not one of them. Once again, I digress- do forgive. The heat of the day was enough to make his skin shiver beneath the thick rays and if it were me I wouldn’t be traveling on such a day, but it was duty that called him. The Edge needed soldiers more than the earth needed rain; there wasn’t much in the way of protection if they got invaded anytime soon and God only knew that they had plenty of nurses.

However, it always appeared that Thor had a soft spot for mares, no matter their shape, age, size, color… anything. I guess it was something that males would have to cop for because I surely didn’t understand it by any means. So it wasn’t much of a surprise when he stumbled across a particularly attractive girl who was accompanied by none other than the doltish Duchanar. He amused me in a way that I think Thor found annoying but there wasn’t much he could do in the way of avoiding it. He lived with the brute now didn’t he? On the other hand, Thor was more intrigued by the idea that he had come to the Threshold in order to recruit for the Edge and well, of course the mare in which he had chosen to recruit. She was striped in teals and purples atop a shimmering black coat that was hard to ignore and quite honestly a beautiful horse- even in my eyes.

But as it would appear, Duch had a way of making everyone’s hair stand on end because even this striking mare cringed at the sight of him. Thor moved into position alongside him, trying his best not to scare the poor thing away lest she think that they was here to rape and murder her altogether. He nodded slowly at both of his companions and then decided to smooth over the situation by dropping his shoulders- he really meant no harm. “Scaring away the newcomers now are we?” A playful smile worked its way to his lips as he looked from stallion to mare. “I’m Thor, also of the World’s Edge. Though, we are not the only herd-land around should you care to know.” His smile was on the fence between polite and impatient. He hadn’t expected to come upon the two nor did he think that he would have to stick around in order to make sure that she felt safe with a member of his own family. This was turning into a disaster that he was hoping could be fixed rather easily.

Unregistered

He lunged before her, obviously meaning to block her path with his bulk. Yet she slid to a stop just in time before she slammed into him; not that she had wanted to in the first place. It might of been funny at one point but Des was not in the mood for 'funny' perhaps a was a bit too high strung but this stallion set her on edge; at lest for the time being. She knew it would change given enough time, which would be later perhaps when they've crossed paths once again, hell they might even cross paths quite a few times for all she knew. Fate and destiny had a funny way of playing out, one could only wait and see what it may bring. Surprises or disasters of which she knew the later would not come until much, much later on.

Well you see, that would merely be your point of view. Stalking would be you view, but from mine, I could ask, Why were you running from me?

Those words only made her scoff at the brute. "You could of been a predator for all I knew, Dúchanar." Surprisingly pronouncing his name easily enough, but now he was proving to get on her nerves if not just slightly. Those ears flicked at his chuckles, knowing he was enjoying him self obviously enough. He seemed to enjoy scaring other equines for whatever hidden pleasure he may have of such a thing. Why and what his pleasure was, she would never know for she didn't seek to know, no, he could keep that to him self. Ears pinned back slightly as he circled her much like a predator would it's prey if it knew it had it cornered; stomping a dark purple hoof in warning she simply watched him and his every movement. Yet he managed to surprised her by facing her once more and speaking once again. What was this World's Edge? He did peak her curiosity if not only slightly, he even proved to offer to take her there; noting the slight crack in his voice she almost wanted to ask why his voice cracked as it did.

It didn't seem she would get the choice to do so, aside from offering a light touch with her darkly colored nose before withdrawing from such a thing, it was if only to bring some measure of comfort to the stallion, all too well understanding his position. Her amethyst gaze shifted towards the one that joined them this fine moonless night; that head titled slightly as she looked him over. There was one thing off about him, the wings, that's what was off putting about him. Desdmona knew they were far too delicate for flight alone, a burden some of her own herd had experienced although it had been rare. Unlike him however, any who had such a deformity were either killed once of age to fly or sent away to spend their last few days, if they survived at all, in the harsh wilderness they lived in.

When he spoke was only when her eyes moved from his wings and to his face, offering a light nod in return. "Not quite yet." A simple light smile was given as she responded to his first question of which she knew was mainly directed at the skull faced stallion beside him. "What is this Wold's Edge? And not the only herd-land?" A few simple questions; surely they wouldn't mind in answering her, or would they? She hopped not, for she was curios and knew knowledge was only gained from being curios of those around her including the lands here, as strange as they were.

Unregistered

The Devil Cries
All through the night

Duch felt a small soft nose reach out and touch him. He jerked away and pinned his ears back glaring at the mare. How dare she touch him. Was she not afraid of him? He shook his head slightly as he tried to hold himself back from attacking her. He hated any type of contact with any other horse. Especially a mare, the last mare who had touched him in such a way was Nova. And now she was gone.

His ears perked up ever so slightly as Thor's voice flooded the dense air. He smirked at his words and chuckled slightly as he looked at the larger male.Only ever so slightly he joked back. He couldn't find it in him to snap at Thor. He had gained quite a liking for the other male, oddly enough.

Duch's gaze looked back to the mare as she spoke back to Thor. Her questions filled his head. He wasnt quite sure how to answer what the worlds edge was but he could answer the other question easily enough. Yes, there are more than one herd land. There is the Edge, where me and Thor come from, Dragons Throat, Aurora Basin, and The Windtossed Foothills. he spoke. The emotions in his voice were vacant, his tone almost monotone besides his strong accent. He looked back to Thor.

Thor was a new father. Something Duch knew quite well. He had a son once, maybe his son with Nova is what hanged him? But now they were both gone, his cold heart returning and being more vile than before. Something in this poor stallion died long ago, with no hope of sparking back up and coming back to life.

OOC: WOW worst post ever >.>

She was kind enough and perhaps I had underestimated Duchanar’s ability to recruit on his own. Whatever had moved me to accompany them proved to be some sort of false idea about him altogether. Perhaps he was worthy of my trust despite his occasional foul behavior. Today was the day that I decided he would prove me wrong. Brushing a gentle should against his own, I smiled, comforted by the notion that I had been all wrong about the brute. He had a good heart despite his lack of communication skills. But then again, who could claim to be so amiable all the time. However, I decided to let those revelations die in favor of humoring the small mare before me. She was responsive enough, perhaps a little fickle, but I assumed most mares were. After all, Tamira seemed to suffer from plagues of indecision at times, so why would I think it any different when I read the attribute in another of her gender.

I dipped my face lower into her vision, lacing dark brown eyes with her own. I wanted her to see the sincerity there before she decided to call me a pompous ass. “The World’s Edge is occupied by a herd called the Quian and led by Mirage the Dragonheart. It was taken from a band called the Plague who now resides in the Basin. Though, I doubt you’d like to see the likes of them because they don’t tolerate your kind; rather see you dead than alive. The Dragon’s Throat are our allies and I suggest them to any newcomer who doesn’t find the Edge to their fancy, but their current lead, Kri, is participating in the Invasion of the Foothills.” I stopped to breath for a minute and look at Duchanar, who I was sure was growing bored by my informative speech. But mares- they required a little more convincing than most.

Now if the Grey defeats the current Foothills members, I don’t see them welcoming many unless they are invited by one of their own. But the choice is yours darling. I would suggest that you come the Edge if you seek stability... However, I know that some enjoy a sense of adventure, if you want to call it that. Whatever tickles your feathers- we’ll take you there.” The smile that broke my lips was enough for both partners to know that I had said all that needed saying. All that was left was for her to make a decision, which in all honesty, could take her a while.

Unregistered
Dúchanar jerked away, it seemed he hadn't taken her touch for what it had meant to be. his glare was enough to tell her, he had suffered some kind of loss in the past. But what she did not know, perhaps if he was willing she would speak of it with him later on; not that she would apologize for trying to comfort the stubborn stallion, then again what stallion wasn't stubborn these days? Though he may have frightened her ever so slightly she was not fearful of him; she had no reason to for he had never given her a reason to be so.

Silently the amethyst eye'd mare watched the two exchange greetings if they had been ever so slightly, it was apparent to her that Duch seemingly had taken a liking to this other stallion although she could not blame him at all. He was well mannered enough if not seeming a bit impatient to get some where. Flicking that tail at her hocks to get rid of night time annoyances she stood still and listened with apparent interest in what they were speaking about, which she was interested in. Some times the best way to learn things was to stay silent and just watch; then again she knew when to keep her trap shut.

The skull faced stallion proved to look to her once more and named off the different herd-lands, of which she made sure to memorize. His emotionless response was taken in stride; it was likely due to her light touch before that made him colder towards her yet she cared naught. Those eyes switched to the brown ones that met her gaze, her was being sincere. Ears flicked as she listened to the stallion knowing now to avoid the so called Plague, it seemed the lands had a Pegasus hating herd or for all she knew there could be a handful of them, never the less she would keep her wits about her knowing those that hated Pegasus could be quite dangerous; if she was unlucky. As he went on she nodded slightly, the Edge and Dragon's throat seemed like an ideal place to start; if she didn't like one or the other she always had the second to choose from, or if she enjoyed nether she could always go out on her own.

As he paused she had finished taking in what he had told her while looking to Duch knowing the other stallion was likely tired of the long winded speech yet she minded little. As to what was said next she took interest, an invasion? It seemed things were heating up in these lands which just might prove to be undoubtedly interesting. "Interesting turn of events; but I don't see a reason why I shouldn't go to the Edge with you two. Perhaps, it'll prove to be interesting." And with that, her choice was made, at lest for the time being. Then again her mind might change easily enough later on. All she could do really and wait and see. But first, her goal was getting through to Duch and learn his story if she could, or maybe reach that inner part of him; she would help in whatever way she could; hell she was determined to do so.

Occ:// Say we wrap this up in the next few post? :3.

Whatever lurked in her past was enough to make me want her to come along with the two of us, Duch and I. There was so much going on around us that perhaps it would be best for the lady to reside in the Edge anyways. However, I didn’t want to let thoughts of war and death get in the way of such a beautiful night. The moon hung high above us and her face was kind enough to capture my gaze for quite some time. I knew that I had come in the pretense of finding a few fresh faces for our home- but this was fresh enough for me. We all stood in relative silence, comfortable with the quiet as the night sung to us through the symphony of crickets and distant lullabies. Whatever had brought me here was instinct enough for me to understand that sometimes you just had to let life pass you by. Sometimes you just needed a bit of time to relax.

I smiled at the mare whose twinkling teals and purples lit up beneath the bright beams of the great moon above. I knew that she would fit in well amongst our herd because she was clearly meant to stand beneath our savior’s light. She appeared so natural here before me in the errant shadows and I was slow to step closer, deciding that it was better to gauge her reaction before I spoke. I was near enough to realize that she smelled of some foreign flower whose scent was gently wafted through the evening breeze. “Interesting enough I suppose.” A gentle loosening of my lips let her know that I was intrigued with her interest with the chaos related to an invasion despite how such a smirk would look upon my tired features. I knew that she wouldn’t find much chance for raid in the Edge but I did certainly hope that if it were ever a possibility that I would find her fighting by my side.

Looking once more into the face of the moon, I chuckled softly to myself. So much had happened in the past few months that I found it nearly impossible to simply kick back and relax or really even laugh. With that, I nodded towards the darkening path that led away from the Threshold. I had come to know it all too well and even now as I began to turn away from Duch and my potential new herd mate, I was more than glad to offer her a parting note. “Duch should be able to lead you home Miss, though if you both wish to accompany me then we best be on our way. I’d like to get out of here just as much as you.” With a mischievous grin plastered upon new childlike features, I disappeared into the shadows, waiting for the ominous beating of two pairs of hooves.

It wouldn’t be long before their rhythmic two-step would alert me to their attendance. I liked this new mare well enough and I worried that her swells of interest would become a problem at some point… But something told me that she’d be quite content in the Edge- I had been after all.