the Rift

Thrown into the unknown [Open]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Whatever lurked in her past was enough to make me want her to come along with the two of us, Duch and I. There was so much going on around us that perhaps it would be best for the lady to reside in the Edge anyways. However, I didn’t want to let thoughts of war and death get in the way of such a beautiful night. The moon hung high above us and her face was kind enough to capture my gaze for quite some time. I knew that I had come in the pretense of finding a few fresh faces for our home- but this was fresh enough for me. We all stood in relative silence, comfortable with the quiet as the night sung to us through the symphony of crickets and distant lullabies. Whatever had brought me here was instinct enough for me to understand that sometimes you just had to let life pass you by. Sometimes you just needed a bit of time to relax.

I smiled at the mare whose twinkling teals and purples lit up beneath the bright beams of the great moon above. I knew that she would fit in well amongst our herd because she was clearly meant to stand beneath our savior’s light. She appeared so natural here before me in the errant shadows and I was slow to step closer, deciding that it was better to gauge her reaction before I spoke. I was near enough to realize that she smelled of some foreign flower whose scent was gently wafted through the evening breeze. “Interesting enough I suppose.” A gentle loosening of my lips let her know that I was intrigued with her interest with the chaos related to an invasion despite how such a smirk would look upon my tired features. I knew that she wouldn’t find much chance for raid in the Edge but I did certainly hope that if it were ever a possibility that I would find her fighting by my side.

Looking once more into the face of the moon, I chuckled softly to myself. So much had happened in the past few months that I found it nearly impossible to simply kick back and relax or really even laugh. With that, I nodded towards the darkening path that led away from the Threshold. I had come to know it all too well and even now as I began to turn away from Duch and my potential new herd mate, I was more than glad to offer her a parting note. “Duch should be able to lead you home Miss, though if you both wish to accompany me then we best be on our way. I’d like to get out of here just as much as you.” With a mischievous grin plastered upon new childlike features, I disappeared into the shadows, waiting for the ominous beating of two pairs of hooves.

It wouldn’t be long before their rhythmic two-step would alert me to their attendance. I liked this new mare well enough and I worried that her swells of interest would become a problem at some point… But something told me that she’d be quite content in the Edge- I had been after all.

Messages In This Thread
Thrown into the unknown [Open] - by Desdemona - 02-24-2013, 09:11 PM
RE: Thrown into the unknown [Open] - by Dúchanar - 02-24-2013, 11:09 PM
RE: Thrown into the unknown [Open] - by Dúchanar - 02-27-2013, 04:04 PM
RE: Thrown into the unknown [Open] - by Desdemona - 02-25-2013, 12:36 AM
RE: Thrown into the unknown [Open] - by Dúchanar - 02-25-2013, 06:53 PM
RE: Thrown into the unknown [Open] - by Thor - 02-26-2013, 02:09 AM
RE: Thrown into the unknown [Open] - by Desdemona - 02-26-2013, 07:03 PM
RE: Thrown into the unknown [Open] - by Thor - 02-28-2013, 12:40 AM
RE: Thrown into the unknown [Open] - by Desdemona - 03-01-2013, 03:11 AM
RE: Thrown into the unknown [Open] - by Thor - 03-02-2013, 11:21 PM