the Rift

Though Darkness Lays [Open]

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

(I'M SOOOOOOOO sorry about the long post)

Nadira’s sensitivity level was acute to auras that permeated amid her and others she was in contact with. She knew her answer was not something Tharos had been expecting in reply, but wasn’t that precisely what should have been expected? Shaking her visage, it was now the stallion’s turn to pause for a moment and turn to look at her, before responding. Delicately scooped ears listened intently to his words as her glaciers took him in and worked on memorizing his contours. His story pretty much aligned with her’s, generally speaking, in a weird sort of way. Bouncing the question back at her, they continued on their journey back home. Little did she know what she would be facing. She took a moment to decide how she would tell her tale. Getting too specific sometimes was too confusing, so keeping it simple would be more ample enough.

“I come from another world. Luster. A world built and created for us unicorns when Earth was losing her magic. When humans invaded and drove us out. I was young, and don’t remember much. My memory was lost, for protection purposes, when I crossed the threshold from Luster to Earth. I grew up in human form for twenty years. Lived in a boarding school and then fled when I was eight, or so they had told me I was eight. I had fears and suspicions I was being used, so the forest became my home. Everyday I fought to breathe another day, fleeing my assassins and outsmarting them for as long as I could. Then, a season or two ago, I happened to stumble through a portal that landed me here, evading a hunt that nearly could have ended my life.”

It was strange, almost surreal. She had never told anyone, though no one had ever asked since she had been here. But it was as if she had lived another life, and now she was living an incarnated version of herself. But the nightmares reminded her of the horror and terror she had faced only months before. The stillness was nice as they moved through the forest, closing the distance between them and the borders of the Foothills. It was awkward, as Tharos’s advances on her were evident as day. His glances were heavy and weighed on her, but she kept her composure. It was surprising that even the little education she received through the school and observation of the adults, that she was able to pick up on lady-like mannerisms. But him breaking the silence was more terrifying than she could have imagined, or prepared herself for.

A mate? Her… gorgeous? What was with his comments. Either he had a difficult time with proper inquiries, or he was just a straight southern steed who couldn’t give a rat’s ass how his questions were worded. Her normal perky auds flattened against her skull, lacing themselves beneath her milky silks. This particular question wasn’t even on her list of questions she would answer, too many commitments and unknowns to leave one shaky and uncertain. “Non, monsieur, and I do not wish it.” She left it at that. Her tone was clipped, but still had a chime–like ring, like crystal. Her French was broken, but it had been useful to her not long ago. The thoughts of what had happened on Earth, with Osiris, and now Tharos… Her thoughts landed on human hands, rubbing gently over her swelling belly… and then black. The past was better left where it belonged. Some things were too hard to revisit, even if it was healthy to talk about it, as she had heard other people say about getting over issues.

The sight of the Foothills couldn’t have come at a better time, and a huge flood, that would have otherwise devoured her, gave her relief. Inhaling became attainable, but only for a moment, before her gaze rested on the invasion and her heart sank. So this is what is had come down to. She knew it would have only been a matter of time, but so soon? She wished her mentor Willow was with her. To help her heal the soldiers that would obviously need it after the bloody battle. And then she spotted him, Xan. Romani’s mate and a half smile crossed her features, for Aaron was with him too. Not too far off, observing the chaos and blood shed spilled on the lush greens of the meadow below them. Another was present, next to the steeds, but Nadira couldn’t place the exquisite looking dragon. The milky essence took the opportune time to pick up her gait, looking back to make sure Tharos was still following her, and then continued to make her way over to the three body’s.

Nadira and Tharos arrived just as the female dragon's last comment was made. Fragile ears pricked at the sound of Torasin’s name, for she had only just met the doctor a short time ago with Willow. They would need all the help they could get. This would be one bloodied mess that no one would care to remember. Nadira was highly considering leaving the Foothills after the invasion, to where she was still undecided. But one thing was certain; she was not ready to settle down and continued to desire the life of a gypsy.

“Xanthos, Aaron, I am glad for your presence. This is Tharos, he… ahhh, well he was hoping to call the Foothills his home. Kimber intercepted him, he followed me back here.” She wished not to go head long into explanations, as she would surely turn fire engine red from embarrassment.

She then turned her exquisitely sculpted bodice to the dragon, who spoke with such clarity and familiarity of the region's Edge, dipping her mask in greeting. Letting her lips part, she introduced herself to the mare. “I am Nadira. I met Torasin with Willow, while we traveled to the Edge. It would be kind of him to offer his help, if that would not be asking too much, as Willow has been taking captive, and I am afraid I am not well enough versed to handle this all on my own.” She took a slight moment to gesture toward Tharos and then introduced him as well. “And this is Tharos.”

She then turned a sad glance to her homeland, for the time being and casually motioned to the battlefield and sent her wavering announcement in Tharos’s direction. “And this… Tharos, is the Foothills. Now officially under attack, and for what?” Her tone was filled with little emotion, but still, sadness for what she knew to come was something she could not evade all together.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Messages In This Thread
Though Darkness Lays [Open] - by Xanthos - 02-24-2013, 10:53 PM
RE: Though Darkness Lays [Open] - by Aaron - 02-24-2013, 11:20 PM
RE: Though Darkness Lays [Open] - by Mirage - 02-26-2013, 07:00 PM
RE: Though Darkness Lays [Open] - by Nadira - 02-27-2013, 10:44 PM
RE: Though Darkness Lays [Open] - by Tharos - 02-28-2013, 12:43 AM
RE: Though Darkness Lays [Open] - by Xanthos - 02-28-2013, 06:27 PM
RE: Though Darkness Lays [Open] - by Aaron - 03-02-2013, 03:55 AM
RE: Though Darkness Lays [Open] - by Mauja - 03-02-2013, 11:00 AM