the Rift

Though Darkness Lays [Open]

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

I WANT TO FEEL THE PAIN AND THE BITTER TASTE
OF THE BLOOD ON MY LIPS AGAIN</style>

Paladin could not believed his eyes when he saw the taller, darker form so similar to his father crest the hill. Crimson eyes stared into almost pupiless black ones in disbelief, remembering the last time he Donovan on the Tides. His charcoal and crimson brother had fought at his side against the invading racists and helped protect his daughters from the Sect leader, Nyra, and most importantly, Donovan had escaped the warring ways of his father with a decent head on his shoulders. Paladin had thought him dead, but he was glad that he wrong. A brotherly grin lifted his lips, and he boldly trotted to his massive sibling. Vega, his dam, had been a ruthless and massive mare, but Paladin knew little of his own dam. Still, she must have been slender to give rise to his smaller and more lithe stature.

"Brother..." he trailed, arriving close but offering no signs of affection. Simply the word of family would be enough offering of greeting and love between the two warriors. Brother was the recognition of a bond greater than two souls on the battlefield; it was the tie between hearts that beat in the same frequency and for the same cause.

"Your nieces have grown," he said, pride filling his chest as he looked down at their victorious numbers. Then, the stallion signed heavily. "And they seem to have taken after me more than I would have liked." The stallion chuckled a little and then shook his head. Because Paladin knew that the massive, gold dragon was inherently a mare, the scales and potential roasting abilities did not frighten him as much as a normal dragon. Not frighten... Paladin held a healthy respect for dragons - a healthy... distancing respect.

"Donovan, this is Mirage the DragonHeart - a title well earned, I assure you," he said, bowing his head to the Edge leader. "The warrior pinto is Aaron and the beautiful, white femme is Nadira. I know not the others..." he said, narrowing his gaze at a newcomer. As Mirage spoke about defending her borders, the Valiant nodded in her direction before watching her true gold dragon companion wait behind when she took flight.

"I know not your name, Gold One, but can you send Mirage a message that I will aide in defending her borders?" he asked, not doubting the scaled creature's intelligence one bit. Paladin then nodded to his brother and grimaced at the battle waging below. "I was once a part of the land my daughters have chosen to attack, and I cannot fight them. Instead, I will go where I feel I am needed. Should you have need of me, I will be at the World's Edge." Paladin turned with a warrior's nod to his sibling before his tan hooves moved swiftly into the west.

Horse

Messages In This Thread
Though Darkness Lays [Open] - by Xanthos - 02-24-2013, 10:53 PM
RE: Though Darkness Lays [Open] - by Aaron - 02-24-2013, 11:20 PM
RE: Though Darkness Lays [Open] - by Mirage - 02-26-2013, 07:00 PM
RE: Though Darkness Lays [Open] - by Nadira - 02-27-2013, 10:44 PM
RE: Though Darkness Lays [Open] - by Tharos - 02-28-2013, 12:43 AM
RE: Though Darkness Lays [Open] - by Xanthos - 02-28-2013, 06:27 PM
RE: Though Darkness Lays [Open] - by Aaron - 03-02-2013, 03:55 AM
RE: Though Darkness Lays [Open] - by Mauja - 03-02-2013, 11:00 AM
RE: Though Darkness Lays [Open] - by Tharos - 03-02-2013, 10:16 PM
RE: Though Darkness Lays [Open] - by Paladin - 03-03-2013, 01:01 AM