the Rift

Playful Paws [Crowley]

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
THE PLAGUE
d'artagnan
Swinging back and forth was a red pointed tail, that twisted high above the rest of his petite baby body, gilded eyes flashing as they caught it's movement. Lips rippled and a low growl rumbled up his gut as paws scratched against the surface, Aramis had not yet figured out that his tail was attached to his body. Dirt flicked everywhere as he chased it round in a tight circle before finally giving up and finding something else more interesting. It wasn't long before there was a splash as the pup took his playful antics to the lake edge, jumping once in surprise before racing off with long pointed tongue rolling out.

d'Artagnan snorted as he watched his companion, walking to the pool side in order to replenish his thirst, blue amulet falling forwards and bouncing against a red ear. As head lifted once again dual coloured eyes gazed into the barren landscape, topped with a white frosting and a dazzling sunlight. The morning was turning quickly into afternoon and the shade was finding himself increasingly bored. He considered wondering off back to his cave, browse over his poisons again and ponder what he needed to go find. Still, it was nothing much new than what he normally did, the shade gazed at his poisons on a daily basis and almost unconsciously sorted them into piles until Aramis pulled him away for some exercise.

A startled bird squawked and flew up into the air as Aramis chased vainly after it and d'Artagnan shook his head. So full of energy. Maybe he'd take up out and into the steppe to see the evening lights, burn off some of that extra energy he always seemed to possess. d'Artagnan had to admit however, the pup had in a way given him a new lease of life, making him feel younger than his years suggested. A tail disappeared round a bend and straight up to the Basin border as the Time Mender sighed. "Aramis!" He called after the babe with a note of command, not wanting him to stray too far at such a tender age.

It didn't take too long for the familiar panting and large fumbling paws to reach him. The Hellhound bounded up to his bonded and sat in front of him obediently, tail still flickering from side to side in anticipation for something exciting.
DOCTOR
Image Credit

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo
for the pain and the sorrow caused by my mistakes
won't repent to a mortal whom is all to blame

Every day was something new for the Weaver of the Basin. What had once been a monotonous schedule, full of the same thing nearly every day, was now filled with only Gods knew what.

Had he any pants, Talbot would fly by the seat of them. One moment, he would be perfectly content with gnawing on the bone of yesterday's meal, and the next, he was zooming about with no real intent or purpose. The young hound was worse than a colt, for he was fueled by the blood of a predator, even if he didn't seem so terrifying quite yet. One day, though, those too-big paws would be carrying him swiftly after an enemy. But for now, Crowley was content with the pup's eager playfulness, even if it required him to keep on his toes at all times.

Currently, the pup had his belly glued to the ground, only his rear end and tail sticking up in the air. His eyes were locked on the form of his bonded, who had been taking advantage of a rare moment of respite and filling his belly with thin grass. Talbot seemed to know that the brindle had let his guard slipped, so when he thought the moment right, the pup sprang from his cover behind a scraggly bush, and barrel forward at the face of the horned equine. At the last moment, he leapt, and in the process managed to get both front legs caught behind one of the stallion's great horns.

Thankfully, for Talbot's sake, Crowley had seen the pup coming right before he came crashing into him, though he hadn't expected him to leap. Should the Weaver had jolted and thrown his head up, the pup would have surely gone for the ride of his life, and there was no doubt that that wouldn't have ended well. "... Talbot," came the Weaver's voice, laced with a hint of annoyance. The pup seemed to pick up on it, voicing his thoughts with a pitiful whine while he untangled himself.

The second that he was free, however, the pup seemed to have cheered up, for he gave a quick lick across Crowley's cheek before turning and darting off, bounding through the snow in no real direction. Lifting his head, Crowley gave a ragged sigh and shook his head before giving chase to the pup, moving at a steady trot.

Up ahead, Crowley spotted the familiar form of his blood coated friend, d'Artagnan. Sitting in front of him was the Time Mender's own hound, looking the epitome of innocent. For a moment, Crowley wondered if the stud was having the same issues that he was, yearning for nothing more than a short break from the youth that plagued the young canines.

"Evening, brother," Crowley spoke up, having slowed to a walk by now as he approached, "I see you've got your hands full as well." Even Talbot had slowed, eyeing the towering bay with weary eyes before he spotted the much smaller, more welcoming form of the other pup. Behind him, his own pointed tail had set to swaying back and forth, an open invitation to play should the other accept. Unable to help himself, he gave a high pitched, playful yip, and noise that would slowly begin to mature in the coming months.

THE PLAGUE
d'artagnan
d'Artagnan watched his bonded and felt the gentle tug in his mind that connected him to Aramis. The emotion his hound conveyed was mostly anticipation and impatience if anything, the shade knew that in time this bond would get stronger. They would learn new things together, how to fight in harmony with each other and most of all; slay their enemies with hoof and claw. The Nightshade would have delved deeper into his violent thoughts if it wasn't for the luminescent red glow and surprised thoughts of his bonded. The crimson element signs that would later mark him a fire wielder, were flickering at the pups changing emotions. Apparently, someone was coming.

Sharp gaze looked around before they met the form of Crowley, the Weaver who too had a Hellhound dog to call his own, though d'Artagnan had yet to learn the name of this tiny monster. The shade proffered his head in friendly greeting and rather wearily looked over at Aramis, who was now bounding up to Talbot with overgrown paws playfully trying to bat the other pup whilst making a rather strange yipping noise. Always rambunctious. "I forget what it's like to be young" he rather dryly commented on the matter. Though he couldn't now imagine a life without Aramis, he was his eyes and ears. So much more fine tuned they were, a perfect guard for the Nightshade. No longer did he have to watch his back. "What do you call your companion?" Watching the youths with a wistful shake of his head before turning back to the brindled stud with curious eyes and a questioning tone.

Regarding Crowley, d'Artagnan was rather pleased they finally had a chance to talk to one another without having to fend off some over zealous boggart, between snippets of conversation that mainly consisted of comradely encouragement. The shade had developed a lot of admiration for Crowley after that incident and had always wanted to seek him out again. He waited for the stud to answer before continuing on "How are you finding your promotion, brother?"

d'Artagnan couldn't think of anyone better to rise to such an important role, Crowley handled himself in a way that in the shade's mind would benefit the herd greatly. He wished too that one day, they could fight side by side again. The Time Mender couldn't remember when he'd ever enjoyed a fight so much, perhaps when he killed that loud mouthed equine. That, however, was another kind of 'fun'.
DOCTOR
Image Credit

filled with rage

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo
for the pain and the sorrow caused by my mistakes
won't repent to a mortal whom is all to blame

During his travels with Crowley, Talbot had seen many strange things, including a much bigger canine that resembled himself, only he was as white as the snow he walked on, and seemed to care little for him. The pup that was barreling towards him, however, seemed to think the exact opposite.

Streaks of yellow began to glow against dark fur as the distance between the two pups lessened, and Talbot found himself dancing to one side in a fit of excitement, his hackles standing on end. Although he had never seen Aramis before, the youngster could already tell that he liked him, and that he meant no harm. Releasing another pitiful, whining yip, Talbot bounced forward a couple paces before leaping towards Aramis, aiming to land upon his back and bite for the back of his neck. It was nothing more than a playful gesture, but he could feel a flicker of apprehension from the stallion he'd bonded to.

Breathing a sigh, Crowley settled at d'Artagnan's side, unable to help but watch the rambunctious pups before turning his attention to the bay. "That was a long time ago, my friend," he responded with a chuckle, "Sometimes I miss the ignorance of those days." The saying that with age came widsom seemed to rang true to the brindle, although sometimes, he wondered what he might be like had he never lost that youthful innocence that everyone was born with. Dead, more than likely.

Allowing the thoughts of his possible death to slip away, the brindle focused his attention back on the Mender. It was strange to think that this was the first time they had truly settled down and spoken together in peace; every other time, they had been busy warding off creatures of the night, or stuck standing in silence at a meeting. The thought of talking in the back like naughty school children brought a smile to the brindle's lips, but he was quick to wipe it off. He was eager to know more of the Basin's Time Mender, and simply spend some time to unwind from the norm of their duties.

At the question of his young companion, Crowley's eyes shifted to the romping pair and he resisted a chuckle. "His name is Talbot," he answered, and then his gaze shifted to the pup that was not his own, "And what of your fiery friend?"

When his promotion to Weaver was brought up, a thoughtful look crossed the stallion's features, as if considering his answer before speaking. It had come to him as a surprise, that he had been chosen for the position, but he wasn't complaining. The brindle was happy to step up and provide for his herd, his family, whenever they needed him. "I've not had the chance to do much with it yet," he answered honestly, "However, I should be starting on my first project within the week." He paused then, watching as Talbot set to bounding around in small circles before them, before delving towards Aramis once more.

The brindle shook his head. "Perhaps a leash should be next on my list."

THE PLAGUE
d'artagnan
Glowing in red, Aramis battled against Talbot with playful punches and baby like yips that were filled with joy. The hound watched with his tail flicking from side to side as his new friend feigned a run forwards before leaping at him. Aramis raised his paws in a puppy like manner, little ram horns only just popping from atop his dainty head, and instead took Talbot's leap to his chest. Bundling up into a ball, sharply yipping at the yellow's bite before springing onto his feet once more and charged forwards. The shade's little guard dog attempted to playfully bowl Talbot over onto his back with his oversized paws that kept his claws inside and showed his soft pads instead. d'Artagnan watched still with the shake of his head as he pondered whether it was a trait of the breed to be so exuberant.

Azure and hazel eyes turned back to regard Crowley as he spoke, his words earning a soft chuckle from the shade who simply nodded in agreement to his comment. The Weaver looked to be a little older than himself, but there wasn't much in it, they were both elder men watching life pass by them. It was this easy companionship that drew d'Artagnan to Crowley, they always seemed to be on the same page and the shade liked that about the Weaver. Even in battle their teamwork strong, like they had known each other for years. Maybe he had known him in a past life, who knew, though d'Artagnan dreaded to think what he was in his past life. To earn the one he had now.

Merlot ears twitched then as Crowley spoke the name of his hound, Talbot, to which the shade nodded once again and noted the strength in the name and how it suited the yellow marked dog. d'Artagnan looked to his own pup when the brindle stud enquired after his own, noting the big paws and the continuous mischievous look about his face. "I named him Aramis, after an old friend." He said. Remembering the insane stud who his bonded was named after, the one who charged into battle without thinking twice about it. The shade had to say, he admired that stud's commitment at the very least.

There was a pause then in conversation as his like minded brother seemed to consider his next words whilst d'Artagnan smiled briefly at Aramis, who had turned to look at him when his name was mentioned, before turning back to play with Talbot. d'Artagnan idly wondered what it would be like to create things instead of destroy things, since the only thing the shade managed to create successfully was children. Lots of strange looking children with chilling powers which d'Artagnan liked to blame on Kou, considering her more scary then himself. The Time Mender laughed at Crowley then, looking thoughtfully at Aramis as he did so. "Make that two leashes" he added looking slyly at his companion who seemed more interested in Talbot than himself.

He looked about the Basin then and sighed "this place is delightfully cold but can be incredibly dull at times. I travelled once to the deep forest and found a stray baby pegasus but I was derived of my pleasure by an armoured bastard who could control sandstorms. How I wish I could find him again so I could put him down for good... Do you have any stories to tell? Personally I think the older you get the more you should travel so the bones don't cease up." d'Artagnan smiled through the latter part, he didn't normally make small talk, but he was genuinely interested in Crowley's past experiences. It wasn't like he had anything better to do anyway.
DOCTOR
Image Credit

filled with rage