the Rift

you can never forget. [ophelia]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the resolute
one cannot stop the wind from blowing, nor refuse the falling rain.

You could say that I have grown a tad paranoid over the years. Who could blame me, really? After all that I had undergone, seeing my home destroyed at the hooves of my own bastard son, and losing my beloved daughter for years. So, perhaps I was a little anxious about the security of our new home here in Helovia. With the arrival of that stallion, Mauja, my unease had ceaselessly snowballed out of proportion - even in the ridiculous summer heat.

I had already invited Cassiopeia to peer into the future to aid in the protection of our herd, but I needed more than a frail vision to quell my incessant worries. I decided that I needed someone who could look upon the present world, report its happenings, and return this information to me when a situation began to look threatening to our home. However, there were no front-running candidates for such a position that I knew of in my herd. Azzuen was a little too air-headed for covert missions, as much as I appreciated his aid with the frequent intrusions as of late. Jaydan was still foreign to me, and my daughter was busy healing more often than not.

Still, I knew there were faces that I was not entirely familiar with in my herd. We were a small desert band as it was, but still I could not name everyone who resided within my realm. The best I could do was recognize whether or not to throw them out of my home. It was a sad commentary for a leader, but I had been attempting to make my rounds to meet all of those within the Throat. Maybe today I would become more familiar with another.

I step into the cool shade of the Oasis, out of the blinding heat of the summer. My eyes begin to doze off slightly as I stare into the pool of water a few paces from my feet. Maybe, after a short nap.
""

[ ooc: I know that you wanted Ophelia to be the Sleuth, so I thought I'd go ahead and make the thread for it. ^^ I hope you don't mind - there's no rush to reply. ]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Pretty little angel
Can we play your game?

Ophelia spied their leader in the distant, taking refuge in the shade. With her pale, white coat, the sun did not both her nearly as much as the others. She enjoyed standing under the strong, summer rays now, almost as much as she had enjoyed living in the snow. It was peaceful here, which was a welcome reprieve from the darkness her home had fallen into with the shades, and she blinked as the memories played out in the reflection of the water.

The older filly winced slightly and lifted her head from where she had been grazing. No other seemed to be in need of Kri's aide, so Ophelia began to pick her way around the oasis and head to the large, dragon's blood tree. When she arrived, she noticed that Kri was falling into sleep, and Ophelia blinked curiously. Should she let the leader nap?

Awkwardly, Phi decided to stand there and stare like a child who was too afraid to wake their parent from slumber. She looked out at the horizon, wondering what was going on in the mainland. Probably terrible things. Curiously... terrible things.

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Hidden Account
Boom Boom!

KRI the resolute

The feeling of being watched. There is nothing quite like it, I have to say. Whether or not your eyes are open, it is almost like a silent pressure on your body, those eyes boring into you. I begin to feel it ebb on my subconscious as I doze off, only growing stronger and keeping me awake. Finally, I open my blue eyes, head tilting slightly to the side in order to see a pale white frame next to me.

With a sharp intake of breath my body turns rigid, muscles in attention as I swerve to face whoever had approached be while I was quietly slipping away into sleep. Rump collides with a near by, frail tree, shaking the leaves and nearly cracking it down. When I finally exhale, I notice that I recognize this face who had been staring at me quietly. She was only a child, and looking very much like that. Her eyes looked uncertain, almost as if she had not known what to do.

I search my brain for the name of the girl, trying to think back on what Azzuen had said. "Ophelia," my shaking breath pulls out into the air as I shake back in my composure. "You startled me." After a short moment of regaining my breath, I look back at her small face with curiosity.

"Is there something I can help you with?"
""

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Pretty little angel
Can we play your game?

Ophelia's eyes widened as she realized that she had just startled the leader of the herd, and she furrowed her brows with concern. Still it was an interesting reaction to watch. The yearling watched as leaves fell when Kri's rump hit the tree trunk, and she snorted softly, shaking the weak, wilted leaves from her mane. Finally, the leader's eyes met her own, and she waited until the mare gathered herself.

When she knew her name, Ophelia smiled and nodded. When Kri said that she startled her, the yearling's ears pushed to the side, eyes showing guilt. Curiosity was an expression she was used to seeing on other's faces, and she recognized it in her leader. "I am sorry that I startled you," she said. Honestly, the filly would have stayed there and stared until the mare woke up. She was not pressed for time, and she would rather not demand attention.

"Azzuen asked my sister and I if we wanted to be warriors, but I told him that I believe I would be better suited for a spy," she said honestly in her chime-like voice. "I have a horn, but I am the daughter of an equine and a unicorn. I can easily infiltrate any herd with my blood and gain information. Also, you would never have to worry about me bringing false information because I was born with a memory that cannot forget." Ophelia said all of this matter of factly, not the least bit concerned that she might appear arrogant or silly.

The yearling looked up at the leader hopefully. "Would you consider letting me be a sleuth?"

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Hidden Account
Boom Boom!

KRI the resolute

There was something unnerving about the expression in those dual toned eyes of Ophelia. I watch them with interest, but have no idea why they make me feel so uncomfortable. She seems to have the cool, sure study of my person, saving every last detail. Still, aside from her eyes, ever watchful, there is a kindness in her face that cannot be mistaken. Her disposition is one of an easy going mare, one that I recognized from several of my former acquaintances. I did not think to fear this girl, but I would watch her carefully. Almost as carefully as she was watching me.

Ophelia apologizes, and I nod my head in return. "It's quite alright," I say, my voice wistful yet honest. The air was still trying to make its way back into my lungs. My eyes drop to the ground as I let another deep breath sink in, but before I can exhale the girl's mouth is running a derby of its own. Her words roll off her tongue, and my blue eyes jot up to her lips to try to better capture the reel of a story passing before me.

My face is rather blank, lack of comprehension might be suspected, but it was more surprise. I hadn't expected such a quick, detailed explanation of what she wanted. Normally, others would converse with you and beat around the bush. This young girl did the exact opposite - I found myself liking her more and more as each word dropped into the air. I crack a smile, one that is sincere, and then let out a small chuckle at her question.

"Why not?" I say, my voice still holding a charismatic laugh in the tone. "You should have the chance to pursue what you wish. You shall be the herd's sleuth."
""