But for the Grace of God [Birthing Thread, Open!]

Jasiri Posts: 12
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.3 :: 2 Years
Adoptable

J A S I R I
the little queen thinks she can do anything, be anything

Dearest Romani, Xanthos, Azel, and Kasai;

Today is a glorious day for my birthday, and as with every birthday, I enjoy recalling the moments of birth. They say childbirth is a sweet affair, bringing youth into this world often cold- a moment of brilliance in the shadows. I, personally, find it almost painful to simply watch. It isn't glorious, it isn't pretty- it is bloody, messy, and breaks one's skin to a cold sweat. I shudder at the thought of one day bearing a foal, regardless how much I may love the offspring when he or she comes from the womb to rest on the green grass, with the pain that signals it. Sometimes I wonder as to why, pray tell, the gods have decided us horses must lie upon our flanks to do so, when we are so susceptible to predators-- before I realize the gods will not answer this question anyways. Speaking of which, I wonder what the imperial goddess of darkness and night thought when she lied upon her ebony flank... hmm. Alas! My thoughts wander, dearest family.

I recall the moments with a shiver. Expulsion. Young as I was, I had no words to think by or images to go by. Yet now, looking back, I felt as if I had been tossed mercilessly from a warm womb into the freezing world, the skies bleeding yellow and rose at my deliverance. As small a bundle of golden fuzz I was, I had little concept of time- I was driven solely by the instinctive urge to stand, to rise up from the ground. How grand I thought you were! You great, looming, behemoths! Ballet dancers on your long legs- and Xanthos was a strange creature with a stick on his brow.

Ah, I would've thought if the words were in existence. What bizarre creatures I've been born to! But in the way foals have, I was drawn inexplicably to you, Mother- as if sensing a kind spirit. Little did I know that later, I could truly be taken to wherever I desired should I focus it within my mind. A very, very useful skill. How strange, I thought, staring through blue eyes painted with white markings. The world was filled with rustlings and chirpings, terrifying sounds. Instantly the urge to stand shot through my wobbly, freaking long legs again, and obeying them, I collected myself with a wag of my leonine tail, like the gray shadow's. I tried very hard to stand, but I fell down with a quiet, muffled thump.

I laugh to recall these sweet memories of foalhood, and perhaps later I will write more of these silly first moments.

With love, Jasiri

[I tried a new style- forgive me if it's a little rough around the edges!]

Messages In This Thread
RE: But for the Grace of God [Birthing Thread, Open!] - by Jasiri - 02-26-2013, 07:01 PM