the Rift

[QUESTING] Dancing in the Moonlight (Mirage, Open)

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Had I been able to sense his presence even before I accidently stumbled upon him in the company of the Dragonheart? Whatever influenced me to simply stand and stare once I had walked into what appeared to be tense conversation was merely an oath to leave with Mirage at my side or the brink of insanity. I was not charmed to see him, not happy to invite him into my open embrace and surely not tempted to her out whatever schemes he planned to whisper so quietly into my waiting ears. His lies had tainted his reputation and clearly broken the only ties we once shared. Even the way that his voice was held above me in the open air made me cringe, especially since it was so arrogantly directed at Mirage. I had seen many things and heard many things but nothing had ever resonated so negatively with me as much as Loki and his undying faith in his “art of seduction.” I half expected him to be on his knees before my equal in title and opinion. Even looking upon her barren gaze was enough to inform me of her reservations for the stallion I was supposed to call my brother.

But he was clearly no brother of mine.

Moving forward, I found my place alongside Mirage, whereupon I gently pushed a shoulder into her own- a gesture to allow her knowledge of my support. I would find that whatever sentiment she adhered would be sentiments we shared. I did not want to end up like the power-hungry lush, Leander, and I planned to find a way to make sure that whatever Mirage wanted, she got. However, the tail-end of my brother’s conversation had certainly caught my attention. I had grown hard in my anger for him but I could not help but feel slightly guilty at denying him the chance to succeed. If there was a way to move quickly and painlessly through his request, then perhaps I could assist Mirage in a solution. I knew that she was hard to sway once determined and I knew that she cared not for the stallion who sought her company, but I knew that her heart was not so cold.

Though, when tears began to well within my brother’s eyes, I can do nothing but still before him. I looked to Mirage for guidance or an answer to such unexplained behavior, knowing that she would provide me the strength to move forward through whatever was to come of the strange events. Why was he crying? Was he so weak and frail that he could not stand the thought of my anger? I wasn’t sure if I could forgive him but the least I could allow him was the smallest sympathy. I needed to be rid of his memory forever and if that meant reconciling with the brother that I had not seen in years, for him to be on his way, then I would have to do it. But I was not ready for such drastic measures, not yet.

Loki, dry your eyes. I cannot save you from what you’ve become and I certainly hope it is not forgiveness you seek, but I am willing to help you complete this quest if Mirage is given peace soon after. Her heart is not connected to yours and therefore finds no pity in your acts of childishness. Brother, pull yourself together and perhaps we can come to an agreement.

I looked quickly to Mirage to confirm her allowance before I continue. I did not want to offend her honor or make her seem insignificant when it came to my brother, but I felt that I could not send him away without so much as s single farewell. “Mirage, if you would allow me this one small favor in exchange for Loki’s word- a promise to vacate the Edge forever- I would be forever in your debt.” I could feel the strain upon my tongue as the words found clearance from my chest and for a moment I wondered if what I had said was even real. Turning back to Loki, I smiled half-heartedly, prepared to change his course before he found himself in a hole so deep that even I could no longer rescue him from the Dragonheart’s wrath. “And you brother, if you intend to call upon a lead then you must learn to do so properly. If it is a favor that you seek then you must ask politely, though I can’t promise that it will be easily given.
Thor

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
RE: [QUESTING] Dancing in the Moonlight (Mirage, Open) - by Thor - 03-28-2013, 12:48 AM