the Rift

[QUESTING] Dancing in the Moonlight (Mirage, Open)

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Had I not laid eyes on weakness? Had I not given purpose to his quest? Anger raged up, swelling selfishly throughout my chest before finding its way to my throat in the form of a menacing rumble. “Do not test my patience Loki. I have been more than giving in your endeavors.” I motioned towards Mirage, my eyes clouding with anger that had been too long suppressed. Whatever force that had once lain dormant in my selfless existence had all but remained in slumber. “My debts have been paid in her name and if you wish to question my incentives then they will be answered. However, your apologies are more than warranted here.” An unwavering gaze begins to form intentions as I step forth from alongside Mirage. From my shifting sides, magnificently malformed appendages extend in an attempt to usher her away from the golden-horned stallion. I had no misconceptions that she would be able to handle herself against Loki’s outburst, but this was my battle and I intended to settle it here and now.

Visions of my mother’s face seemed to overwhelm me and I couldn’t help but indulge in the slight tremble that shook me from head to toe. Her kind eyes had been replaced with the darkness of death and her warmth had been sapped into the arms of hell itself. I didn’t care to hear his excuses; I didn’t want to hear those syllables roll off of his lips… ever again. “Your greed cannot be replaced with forgiveness. I will not let you come in between my happiness anymore. Have you no sense? No wit? Or have you completely forgotten all of the pain that I left so long ago?” Again, my hooves find the ground closing between us until I can nearly taste the musty forest air upon his tattered hide. A soft rumbling of warning grew from deep within and I found that I was quickly losing myself to his taunts. If he wanted to bring the ghosts from the past back to life, then I surely wouldn’t stand in his way.

Amora kept you under lock and key brother and purely in the name of selfishness. My wellbeing was not of importance to her and she only proved that theory when she sacrificed her first son for the sake of her second.” The truth was not something that ever settled easily with me no matter how many times I told myself it was for the best. Her loving caress, her tender gaze… none of it was ever mine. I was not surprised to find that Loki had turned out to be so much like our mother. However, their resemblance was nearly shocking and upon finding the blame forced once again upon my shoulders, I could do little more than self-combust.

Behind gritted teeth the soft grumbling had turned into a mild roaring. “Do not look for sympathy here Loki for I’ve none to give. Perhaps you need to take some time learning about yourself before trying to lay blame where none is needed. However, I would not see such done here- get out. And do not come back. Your beloved Amora saved you from yourself back then, but she cannot keep you safe forever.” The threat had rolled effortlessly across my tongue and before I knew it, there was nothing I could do to stop myself from walking away. I had no desire to look upon my past any longer. I had finally resolved to let it die and with it, my brother.
Thor

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
RE: [QUESTING] Dancing in the Moonlight (Mirage, Open) - by Thor - 04-07-2013, 02:42 AM