the Rift

[FINISHED] Welcome To The Family [ARAH]

Crash Course Posts: 74
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 9 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Ragnar :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Nevada
"You still stood there screaming; one man's fun is another's hell,"
A cold, steady breeze tussled the forelock of a large Gypsy stallion as he crested a steep hill; his deep blue eyes that were cloaked by his thick hair took in the land that he was now to call home. Only the day before, Crash had met Crowley -the strange looking two-horned individual- and was invited to the Basin. Scanning over the land, there seemed to be nothing but frozen earth with small patches of lingering sage brush. Crash felt at home.

With somewhat clumsy and not-so-surefooted steps, the massive brute found his way down the side of the hill, finding that the bitter wind disappeared, along with the harsh chill that filled the air moments ago. It was still cold, but reasonably so. The ground finally leveled out and he hopped off of the hill, leaving deep rips in the frozen terrain. Fuzzy white ears flicked forward, listening for any warning he may be confronted with or any greeting. The air had the pleasant scent of water, though he was not sure if it was caused by recent rain or just moisture that lingered. Remembering the Threshold where he had been picked up, the air was dry and hot. Apparently this section of Helovia wasn't granted the hot season as the rest was.

Not noticing anything out of the unusual, he easily walked further into the Basin. The thick feathers around his hooves brushed the ground, almost seeming to freeze to the ice as it touched. Crash lifted his large head up, the silver tracing of his horn glinting in the soft light. He let out a snort with a heavy exhale, shaking from his nose to the tangles at the end of his tail. A nearly invisible cloud of dust, dirt, mud, and foliage shed off of his pelt like a snake skin, resting on the white earth. Hm, maybe I'll get lucky and find someone to see where the fuck I'm supposed to be. he thought to himself. Surely some one would find him.

WORD COUNT: 341
LYRICS: "My Friend of Misery" by Metallica
MOOD: Hungry..
TIME: 3:01 p.m.

Please tag me in all posts.

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
[Image: 4hz8ty.jpg]
Credits; Carnival-ride-Stock.deviantart.com SweetDreams-Stock.deviantart.com Photomanipulator; AlexLibby.deviantart.com

Arah

The strange golden eyes stared over the landscape. Her new home, chilly as always, hid her away from enemies eyes. The milky white coat rippled with movement, her legs stretching with every step trying to shake off the tired feeling. She had been running around so much lately, recruiting people, catching up with others making sure they have settled into The Basin well.

All of this and she was only new herself. Now however her eyes spotted a new comer in the distance. She settled into a graceful walk towards the stallion. She could tell that he was a larger mass than her, this unsettled her a little. However it was after all, she reminded herself, her job as phantom to learn about all of the members. Besides he was probably lost. She remembered her first time entering The Basin. She had spent the night out in the snow, not realising that the holes in the mountain side where perfect for little dens. Now she had her own little den tucked away from sight, she was rather proud of her decor job as well, she was going to let the stallion in on the knowledge. The stallion would have to learn about the little coves, so he would be protected from any possible harsh nights ahead. 'New friends are also nice.' Arah thought to herself.

Her hooves treated the ground with only soft footfalls, still leaving imprints in the snow. She was graceful in her movements, gentle and slow many seemed to find her movements haughtily. She however was far from that, she was nice. A trait mostly unheard of when it came to the members of the basin. She sighed thinking about how much more work was ahead of her to gain more respect within the community / herd. She loved it here, however The Basin had made her tougher in order to survive the elements and her fellow herd mates. She wasn't really all the different but she knew that some found her strange, with antlers instead of a traditional unicorn horn. Her mind flashed back to her grandmother changing her horn into antlers to make her different. At least that was how she imagined it happening, she actually had no idea why her grandmother did it and how the entire situation had come to arouse.

Moving her thoughts along, the white mare was knew that soon she no longer would blend into the snow. Soon she would emerge from the trees as a clear shape, the stallion would finally be able to spot her. She paused before the clearing of the trees and cleared her mind completely now. She didn't want to meet the stallion with a flustered appearance, that would give him the wrong impression about her. She put a tiny tired smile on her smooth chops and walked out of the trees with a clear path cut towards the stallion. Her eyes ran over his black and white body, the black horn and the strength that radiated from the brute. She didn't call out to him just yet, concerned that the wind wouldn't carry her small voice over to him. Her hooves where cold, the wind playfully whipping strands of her mane and tail around. She paused a moment, only a few meters away from the brute now and had to take a quick moment to admire him before standing right next to him. "Hello newcomer, welcome to Aurora Basin." She grinned and glanced around the Basin as it was in topic. Everything seemed in order. "What is your name?" Her eyes settled on his face, studying his features and his stunning blue eyes.

Haunted by my eyes, the way they hold your attention even in the loudest silences.
Notes; I'm so tired. I haven't edited the post, forgive me.
Words; 609
Tag; Crash Course

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Hidden Account
Crash lowered his mug to the white ground, sniffing at the delicate and thin powder as if it were brand new to him. With each quick exhale, puffs of the tiny flakes escaped from the heat of his breath, dancing through the air for a second until it fell back to rest an inch away from where it had began. His thick tail ripped back and forth, making a sharp lashing noise with each flick. With one last inhale before he lifted his massive skull again, the scent of a mare lingered in the air. What luck, now he wouldn't have to find his way around by himself.. hopefully.

The mare wasn't visible yet, but she was definitely around somewhere. His jaw went slack for a moment and he let out a small nicker that sounded innocent, almost childish. Disappointed with the noise that had just come out of him, Crash's ears flicked back and he cleared his throat as if it would get rid of the issue. Soon enough, an elegant dove colored mare descended from a small grove of trees. Two antlers emerged from her forehead, making her very unique. As she neared, Crash took in her whole presence, finding everything about her beautiful.

"Hello newcomer, welcome to Aurora Basin. What is your name?" Crash dipped his head as if he were bowing, raising it back up as the mare questioned his name. Her smile looked tired, but not defeated. She must have been working a lot lately. "My name is Crash Course, -strange, I know- but you may call me Crash ma'am." He looked at her antlers again, a small grin spreading over his maw, the mare had elegance written all over her. "And what is your name? If I may." The large stallion took a step closer to the dainty female, being cautious not to frighten her if she normally was.

WORD COUNT: 315
ETC.: Oh believe me, you're fine. It's better than anything I could have whipped up with 100% muse. Lol.
TIME: 9:33 a.m.

Credits; Carnival-ride-Stock.deviantart.com SweetDreams-Stock.deviantart.com Photomanipulator; AlexLibby.deviantart.com

Arah

Crash dipped his head as if he were bowing, raising it back up Arah dipped her own head in return. "Crash Course." The small smile stayed on her lips. It was a rather strange name, but she was strange completely. His eyes raised up to her antlers again, a small grin spreading over his maw, a smirk now was on her face. She did tend to shock those when they first met her and her antlers. The large stallion took a step closer to her, she held her place, not wanting to appear concerned. "My name is Arah, Aurora Basin phantom." Her eyes flickered over The Basin, looking for anyone else. Everyone seemed to be hiding out in their little dens. That should be the next thing for this stallion to discover. "Let's find you a den." She chuckled thinking of her own Bachelorette den. "The holes in the walls of The Basin are perfect to shelter you from the elements and eyes."

She began a slow trot forward and began to navigate both of them over to the wall, the held many little, medium and large den's for the occupants of The Basin. She shivered a little, feeling the chill roll around her tiny body. She may be a quick and nimble mare but wondering around the cold climates for days on end definitely slowed her joints down and made her vulnerable. She only hoped that Crash's intentions where good and that no harm would come to her, he did after all seem friendly.

She tried to flick some of the wetness from her forelock, feeling the melted snow dribble down her face. A sigh that frosted in front of her, yes she wasn't fairing well with the cold and tiredness. "Forgive me." She glanced over to Crash. "I'm rather tired, my conversation must be terrible and drab." She apologised. She put a smile back onto her face and began to talk in a happier tone. "So Crash, where are you from originally?"

Haunted by my eyes, the way they hold your attention even in the loudest silences.
Notes; Sorry about the wait!
Words; 334
Tag; Crash Course.

Hidden Account
The gentle mare bowed back to Crash, leaving a pleasing smile on her lips. The way her golden eyes looked at Crash when she repeated his name made him want to shiver, but why? The color was beautiful, but strange to him at the same time. Maybe it was because she was being so sweet. He wasn't quite used to that being the very first tone presented to him. "My name is Arah, Aurora Basin phantom." Crash nodded, the grin still stained onto his mug. "Lovely," right when we was about to add to his sentence, Arah pepped up and offered to help find a den. "The holes in the walls of The Basin are perfect to shelter you from the elements and eyes."

"Den? So I won't have to freeze. That's pleasant to know." Hoping to at least get a small giggle or smile out of her, Crash followed her quick pace with long strides. The hollow thuds of his heavy hooves nearly drowned out the patter of her tiny feet as they moved along. She seemed to shiver before she tossed her petite head around, small droplets of water flying off as she did so. She excused herself for being "drab" as she called it. Crash just shook his head and gave her a warm grin. "You're fine Arah, but you look exhausted. We can stop for a while if you'd like." he suggested in a concerned tone.

Arah questioned where he was from, causing Crash to let out a soft sigh as he thought. "Well, the herd I lived with when I was younger always wandered, we were really nothing important. Just a bunch of outcasts really. I don't really recall calling ourselves anything." His memory faded to his mother -never caring enough to pay all too much attention to him- and his father who he loved dearly, but was rarely returned the emotion. He was always busy, being the lead of the small band. "As soon as I knew I could stand my own I left."

His blue eyes found their way to the mountain side, the now visible caves dotting the walls. Some were tiny where as some looked quite large. A chilled wind blew through the deep land, tossing his forelock over his left eye. "What about you? Have you always been around here?" As he spoke, his dark gaze made its way back to the dazzling creature beside him.

WORD COUNT: 406
ETC: Don't worry about it, :)
TIME: 6:45 p.m.

Arah

She giggled at his comment, feeling a littler safer with him she dropped her guard to a lower level of worry. His heavy footfalls sounded beside her, once again showing her that his mass was something others would be stupid to challenge. Her movements where stretched ever so slightly to match his. Even though they were already almost perfectly synced. "No, I'd rather help you out first." She grinned and moved closer to his side. "I'm stealing some of your body heat though!" She chuckled and pressed her side gently against his. His body was sending out heat waves, practically calling Arah to snuggle up next to him. After all, he was better built for this climate. He answered her question about where he had originated from and she listened with polite interest. It was always fascinating to learn about where people had come from, that after all was what made people who they were. Then his attention turned to her dark past.

"No, I'm from another land." She smiled and glanced over to him. "I have a great family, a loving family." Her eyes fell down cast as she remembered the reason why she left the herd and her family. "They wanted me to mate for power instead of love though." The smile was now wiped clean from her face as she remembered the deal her parents had made with the leader of her herd. Their daughter and his son would marry, then they would rule the herd, in return for their daughter her mother and father wanted a seat on the council. When she had refused her father's wishes, in his anger, he kicked her square in the chest. Hurting and disgraced, she ran to her grandmother. It was this one soul who helped Arah. She gave her the amulet that now never left her neck and blessed her to be different. Her horn changed to antlers and her eyes changed from blue to golden. "I ran away and brought disgrace upon my family."

She felt sick to the stomach thinking about how much her parents and sister must hate her now. It didn't kill her however, to live each day and keep putting one hoof in front of the other. "So many of us that live in The Basin have dark pasts." Then she chuckled and looked back up to Crash. "Mine is positively cheerful compared for some." She now spotted a neat den tucked away in the wall. She lifted her hoof almost as if pointing to the den.
"There, that should be big enough for you!" She felt like a home allocater. She began to cut a path towards it, figuring if her didn't like it there where plenty of other ones for him to choose from.

"Come on Crash, lets check it out and see if you like it."

Notes; :D
Words; 475
Tag; Crash Course.

Hidden Account
An adorable giggle came from Arah, making Crash feel a little less tense than he had before. Something about her made him feel like an awkward colt again; not knowing how to talk to anyone but his father. As she claimed that she still wanted to help him find a suitable home, she pressed her body against him, stealing the heat from his side. "I'm stealing some of your body heat though!" Crash quickly looked at her, giving her a generous smile. "Take all you want," he replied in an attempted flirty tone. Embarrassed with his dumb pick-up line, he cleared his throat and kept moving along side her.

Arah began telling her story, starting with the tenderness of her family. His ears pushed forward, no longer keeping track of anything else that may have been happening around them. Her story turned from enlightening to some what depressing in a hurry. He could see the sadness and what he thought was disappointment in her face. "Don't say that, Arah. You escaped when you could. If that was shameful to them.." he paused, thinking of a creative way to end the sentence. His brutish side slipped out anyway: "Well, then fuck 'em." He grinned at her, hoping she would accept his language. "Don't let any one tell you what to do." He lowered his face to hers, nuzzling under her jaw softly.

Just as he picked up his head once more, the satin mare lifted her hoof, directing his attention toward the mouth of an open cave. "There, that should be big enough for you!" Crash shook the mess of forelock out of his eyes, following after Arah. She was so pleasant, it was strange for him to be accepted so easily. As they closed in to the dingy cave mouth, he peered in to find it one of the larger ones, but not too big for just him. The air was light with moisture, just as it was every where else through out the Basin.

WORD COUNT: 335
ETC: I think Crash has a crush, ;3 Haha,
TIME: 11:24 p.m.

Arah

She was a little startled at his rough language at first, then her face split into a wide grin and she burst out laughing. He lowered his face to hers, nuzzling under her jaw softly. She smiled a little more and then agreed verbally. "Yeah! They can go screw themselves." She chuckled, still keeping close to him for warmth. It was nice, both of them just hanging around and joking together. She felt better about her past already. The fact that he hadn't judged her for her choices, he had even agreed with her! Entering the cave she saw that it was actually deeper than what she had previously thought. She spun around and turned to grin at Crash. "Well, you and I both fit in." She spun around again to walk to the back of the cave and inspected the back wall. "Decorations are needed." She glanced back at Crash. "Desperately." She chuckled and then found a soft spot on the floor where she curled up finally lying down for the first time in days.

"Well, Now I know a little about your past." She smiled up at him and shook her hair out her her eyes. "And you learned a little about mine." She paused thinking about that fact that it really was just a tiny piece of her. "What would you like to do in the basin?" Looking up at him with inquisitive eyes, she decided to refine her question. "What are your goals?" Another sweet smile was set on her face and her eyes where wide and curious. Almost all who entered/joined the basin had goals and ideas about what they wanted. She too had them, deciding to get the party rolling she began. "Mine are to help this herd into being safe, no threats." She grinned thinking about the fact that they where the biggest herd. She didn't go on about personal desires as she didn't really know what she wanted.
Quite frankly the idea of children terrified her.

"A clam settled life." She chuckled and thought about how her job would probably never really allow that. "So, what about you?"

Notes; Hope you don't mind me moving them forward. Just had little muse to work with xD
Words; 357
Tag; Crash Course

Hidden Account
After the petite framed mare agreed with his comment toward her past, she stepped into the cave making a b-line toward the back. "Well, you and I both fit in." Crash took a few curious steps in, his hooves making faint echoes as he moved along. "Lucky us, He began, looking back toward Arah. "Decorations are needed. Desperately." A broad smile spread across his face, his canine teeth every stallion and gelding had visible with the grin. "Decorate? With what?" a soft chuckle rolled off of his tongue with the question. Was he supposed to slap some tree roots on the walls and bring some of the frozen ground into the den to make it more at home?

Arah plopped down on the ground, mentioning that they both now knew some of each others' back grounds. Crash made his way over to her, slowly dropping his body to the ground as well as she spoke. "What would you like to do in the basin? What are your goals?" Goals? He hadn't thought about that really. "Mine are to help this herd into being safe, no threats. A calm settled life."

Survival was the key, a welcoming herd was a fair deal of help though. "Well, due to my fragile frame, I don't feel that I would do much in protection." He gave Arah a "damsel in distress" look, batting his dark eyes as he did so. The warm smile that had taken over his maw remained there. "But in all seriousness, I'm sure protection would suit me as well. I may be large and clumsy, but I'm sure a little tiny stallion isn't going to stand much of a chance against me."

WORD COUNT: 282
ETC.: Blah to no muse, :(
TIME: 10:32 p.m.

Arah

"Well, due to my fragile frame, I don't feel that I would do much in protection." The look had her giggling again, she grinned up at him with butterflies fluttering in her stomach. "But in all seriousness, I'm sure protection would suit me as well. I may be large and clumsy, but I'm sure a little tiny stallion isn't going to stand much of a chance against me." She smirked and felt a little safer with him. "I'm sure that can be easily done." She thought about the way his smile 'tripped' her heart, it skipped a beat. She realised rather suddenly that she had a school girl crush. Feeling a little embarrassed about the way she felt, she adverted her eyes keeping a small smile on her face but not portraying too much information.

She was a secret keeper, honestly getting into a relationship was something that she probably didn't need right now. She wanted to cover her eyes, so he don't know her secret feelings. Her job would be far too costly, to have her enemies know that she was in a relationship. She's been trying to hide herself away from the world, away from anyone who had shown interest in her for this reason. Yet since she found out, after leaving her family, that no one had actually expected her to settle down...well it had been an utter relief. So it was true, that anything could happen. She didn't want children anytime soon, but maybe it would be nice to have someone to tell her secrets too. Maybe it would be better to not have to fight her battles alone, maybe if he also wanted her they could fighter any battle together.

She sighed looking away and out onto the Basin, the chill was finally off her back and she began warming up. Of course Crash was a great help. Her eyes ran over the land scape as she considered her new feelings for the stag. In the end, it may not even happen. What was the point in worrying over something that she couldn't control?

She thought about the war currently being fought over in the foothills. There had been no intelligence about that attack as far as she was aware. Was the Basin safe? Should she be out there chatting with people finding out as much as possible instead of lying her thinking about her little girls crush? A wave of frustration flooded through her, however she kept it bottled up inside. She would run it out later. But now that she'd seen war she was stressing. She just wanted a stable home, maybe she would never get that chance. Becoming an outcast probably would have given her more of a chance at a stable life.

She wanted stable, not normal.

Her eyes came to settle on Crash and she smiled as him again. "Well then." She said not completely sure where she was heading with the sentence. "What now?" She frowned a little and looked over at him. "I think I'm starting to like you Crash." She grinned. "Well be good friends, I can tell."

Notes; Arah's been stolen, so while we can continue this thread for a while, until she escapes or is rescued I'm not sure how much further you'd like to take this :) I can only respond to new threads in Heavenly Fields for now.
Words; 471 [Not including character quotes]
Tag; Crash Course

Hidden Account

The smile that so eagerly cast across her face lingered, but as Crash watched her golden eyes, he could see that she was thinking differently from what she was showing. The blank cave suddenly felt dingy and chilled, as if a large rain cloud was hovering over their heads. He watched her, wondering what she was thinking. Such an odd past surely didn't leave her to be the level headed and clear minded mare that she was shown to be. There must have been things that bothered her. Secrets that she had hidden deep in her mind. Every one had them. The ones that were never to be shared with another mind even.

Just as he had cleared his own thoughts, he dropped his head against the side of the cave, balancing on his left side more than his right. "You know what I-" He stopped mid-sentence, wanting to find the correct words so he wouldn't already offend his new friend. Arah looked up, meeting eyes with him, causing Crash to grin. "I think I'm starting to like you Crash. We'll be good friends, I can tell." The grin turned into a look of confusion, even though a streak of excitement burst through his body as soon as the words "starting to like you" came from her mouth. He lifted his head from the rock wall, watching her eyes to make sure she wasn't just trying to make him laugh. "Well, I hope we can stay, friends, for a long time." He paused for a brief second before and after "friends," assuming what she meant was that she wouldn't want to take it any further than that. He rolled back up-right, resting his head on her shoulder gently and giving her a soft nudge. "But if you're playing with me, you'll have to toughen up." A light hearted chuckle rose from his chest as he lifted his head back up to Arah's level.

WORD COUNT: 323
ETC.: Awee, poor baby. Well, I guess we can wait it out or when she escapes/is rescued we could have them eventually find each other? That'd be cute, haha.
TIME: 1:00 p.m.

OOC;;[[Long lost lovers!
OMG YEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH, so we'll close this thread and when Arah is back she'll be like 'I thought I'd never seen you again...I thought I'd never get the chance to tell you....I like more more than a friend.

DRAMATIC MUSIC.
duhduhduhhhhhhhhh

Then Crash will be like...however you think he'll react......
*crickets chirp*
I'm over tired.]]

Hidden Account
OOC: Lmao, oh man. Yay, it'll be adorable! Crash will be all "Oh em gee yay! I meesed you!" Lol,