the Rift

[EDGE] remember me as a time of day

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
The brightening of day shook the effects of night from my eyes and woke the stiffened tendons throughout my mind and body. Mirage had left a dent in my resolve as I moved restlessly from the Edge with a figurative nick in my shoulder. The wound had long healed but the muscle beneath still appeared to be bruised from her constant assaults. Her tactics were ruthless in battle but I was lucky enough to find a patient teacher in them as well. The rising sun cast long shadows across the misted remnants of the Edge and while I was reluctant to leave its warm embrace, I knew that I needed to keep my ambitions alive until the next trial in my fight for Captain. Resolve urged me into a rough trot which was trying enough on my battered shoulder but without daily exercise I knew that I would not remain fit enough to contend in the tournament for my rightful rank.

With the idea firmly in place, I decided to use my time wisely and visit the Threshold once more for whatever it was worth. I was growing tired of the place as I had come to know it like the back of my hand but I was more than attentive when it came to recruiting for the Edge. We were a growing empire and I wanted our residents to see it as such. I debated suggesting a herd meeting so that we could introduce the swarm of new faces but I wasn’t sure how it would go over with the Invasion in the Foothills rushing headlong into disaster. I had heard much of their troubles and yet there was nothing I could do to soothe their pain because Mirage had been obligated to respect the wishes of the Throat. I had no qualms about our alliance but I only wished that there was something that I could do for Romani, the mare I had seen only a few weeks ago in the Threshold. She was bright one, that girl, and I hoped that she would remain safe with war pressing upon her borders.

It wasn’t long until my travels had brought me to the Threshold in hopes of once again welcoming another warm newcomer. My sides heaved with the wears of the journey and I felt alive with the strains. It felt good to be useful despite the restraints in place for our friends in the Hills. However, I wasn’t given much time to debate Mirage’s motives as I stumbled upon a young mare. I had a way of doing such during every visit to the claiming grounds, but a family was a family, no matter what gender seemed to dominate. “I assume you’ve come seeking shelter?” I’d had nothing more to say in the way of introduction because it seemed like a hopeless cause. I didn’t want to waste time on formality though I did proffer a gentle smile. She was a pretty thing dressed in darkened tones of blue with alabaster striping along her back. There was no doubt she was young judging by the way she carried herself and the way her wise eyes seemed to find beauty in this tragic place. Her shoulders seemed to turn inward with strength that I had not seen in a mare of her size and age and she called upon my intuition with ease.

She would be the perfect prospect for our family if she’d only hear me out. But something in her gaze told me she would and I didn’t feel so reserved when I rushed ahead with that formality that I had avoided before. “I’m Thor of the World’s Edge and you, young one, are in Helovia.
Thor

Messages In This Thread
remember me as a time of day - by Ursula - 02-27-2013, 08:32 PM
RE: remember me as a time of day - by Thor - 02-28-2013, 02:39 AM
RE: remember me as a time of day - by Ursula - 03-03-2013, 07:02 PM
RE: remember me as a time of day - by Thor - 03-06-2013, 01:35 AM
RE: remember me as a time of day - by Ursula - 03-10-2013, 06:23 PM
RE: remember me as a time of day - by Thor - 03-10-2013, 08:19 PM