the Rift

Falling into the void [Open]

Lana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The dark void of depression was so easy to fall in.

My once beautiful charcoal coat was now scuffed up and dirt rubbed deep into it,leaving dry mud to stain my coat. My silver dorsal stripe was now practically grey. My wings were battered and worn. My once long and free flowing mane was tangled and knotted and hung down my neck in a mess of tangled clumps. Did I care? Not really. It wasn't like anyone was going to come and visit me soon and even if they did,it would only be to hurt me. I missed the light and warmth of the Throat which had been replaced with the colder feeling of the Basin and when I say cold I didn't just mean temperature wise. The whole feeling of the Basin was dark and cold. There seemed no light feelings (at least in what I am exposed to), nor was there a happy feeling about the place.

I didn't want to stay here any longer but the thing is,I didn't know where I was. I had been forced here and I hadn't even bothered looking where I was going,instead the ground had interested me more and so I knew nothing of the way out. Helpless I look out of the cave at the world ahead. The moon was full and was shadowed by misty clouds,some of the trees manged to cut though the moon with there branches. Lowering my head dull eyes look up at the moon. "Why is this happening to me?" I whisper under my breath.

I think back to what I had been though here. Being tricked by the brindled stallion,Crowley, into coming here. Being beaten by him and Psyche the leader and a blue butterfly appearing out of nowhere it seemed. Then dragged here and shoved in a cave on my own. Visitors had come and I was blessed with the magic of transforming into a butterfly. Then I had tried to escape but it was unsuccessful and had been hurt more.

This place was meant to be a new start for me. I had come here to get away from the nightmare stallion of a father who was most likely still out to kill me and now I had ended up here. Without a care I step out of the cave. I didn't care anymore. Weather I got lost in the dark world,or found by some other pain loving Unicorn I wouldn't care. But I know one thing,I didn't want to stay here. With my head hung low and ears quiet far back I start to leave the cave I was forced in.

[Feel free to hurt her,she needs a cool scar or something;D ]

"blah blah blah."

Descaro Posts: 77
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
imi
THE PLAGUE
Descaro
Softly the snow crunched beneath his hooves, some areas of it deeper than others, the steppe was not always the easiest to negotiate. Even in Tallsun. The snow became more scarce as he approached the mountain pass, silent steps turning to sharp clopping noises against the weathered floor. Descaro always found the way into the Basin rather eerie, like something was going to jump out at him any minute as the Borealis in the sky reflected creepy blue and green hues off the walls. A shiver crept up his body and he quickly increased his pace into a swift canter, powering into his herd land like a long lost hero on a triumphant return. Tail gliding behind him like a proud banner.

The Soldier sloped downwards and onto the permafrost ground, slowing into a walk before looking around with his mind a blank. He had returned just in time for the start of his guard duty but found himself rather bored at the prospect of it. The Unicorn's of the Aurora Basin had such a reputation that drama came few and far between, that being said, when it did come it was a rather exciting occasion. So Descaro mulched off in direction of the caves, seeking out some company in his sudden wake of boredom, maybe another Soldier would be kind enough to join him in patrols. He seriously doubted that but one could always hope.

Descaro skirted around the peaceful lake and finally found his way to the series of caves where he found a lone, battered looking pegasus mare. The Soldier raised his head and stared at her for a moment, emotions mixing from outrage to intense curiosity. For this mare to be injured, did that mean somebody else had seen her and left her alive within the Basin. Descaro snorted at the incompetnace of that one, unknown being. To leave something so fragile. What confused him more was the fact that the mare had remained, even though she was clearly injured. Why not return to where she came from? His frown furrowed deeper and he took steps towards her.

"Who are you? You must know the Basin does not tolerate those without a horn, so why would you remain here?" Each question echoed the surprise in his mind. He wondered if she was somebody's prisoner that he had not heard about, or whether she was simply stupid.
WARRIOR
Image Credit

Unregistered

"Who are you? You must know the Basin does not tolerate those without a horn, so why would you remain here?"

If I could be sick, I am pretty sure that I would be right now. My body flinches in fear as the stallion stalks closer. The full stench of the Basin lingered on his dark brown coat. His words echoed though my ears, which pinned back onto my skull. I wished I could block out his words but how could I. His voice sliced though my ears like a knife though butter. My muzzle lifts in the air and I take a step back away from him, flicking my tangled tail up. My eyes roll back and my nostrils start flaring.

I have already been swallowed up by depression and for once, I didn't think about what I say, as I normally would. "I was forced here against my will by those like you!"I bite my lip slightly but with a lot of force. The words were almost spat out at the floor before the stallion. Anger at being forced here had taken over me now. Enough of the pity. Enough of the weeping for myself I wanted to leave, and I wanted to leave now. I start to turn to the left, wanting to avoid the larger stallion.

My eyes focused on the frosted ground as I started of in the other direction. My ears were still pinned to the back of my skull as I take a step away from him. Although one the outside I was perhaps being a tad aggressive on the inside I was dying. This wasn't me. To pin back my ears, to spit out words and to storm of without a word.

"blah blah blah."

Descaro Posts: 77
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
imi
THE PLAGUE
Descaro
She trembled pitifully. Descaro watched as she tried to summon the words to answer his question, her body so young and fragile looking in his gaze. When she did speak she spoke with an anger, of being forced into the Basin by his herd and finally an understanding dawned in the eyes of the Soldier. Increasingly he wondered who her guard was and silently complimented the unknown soul for his successful capture. Then Descaro noticed her wondering off, at first he just tilted his head to one side and watched her, curious as to where she thought she was going. Surely the mare didn't think that she could simply wonder around the Basin unattended. The Soldier sighed in exasperation and cantered after her with a flick of his black tail, eyes flashing dangerously. With speed, he attempted to close the gap between them and tried placing a well aimed bite on her rump, ears lacing to the back of his neck. Hoping he had enough distance, Descaro turned in on her and angled his body in attempt to force her to stop.

"A prisoner hmm? So what's your name?" Descaro enquired in dark tones. Eyes glowering as if daring her to challenge him as he stood in all his muscled glory, neck arched and thick with power. He wondered if she would keep trembling and keep trying to run away from him, he sincerely hoped she wouldn't do that. Or he might have to break a limb to get her to stay put which was messy and the Soldier wasn't really sure he should be messing with someone else's prisoner. Though he was sure they most likely wouldn't mind, it was a simple etiquette and an unspoken understanding.

Ears flickered and listened, wondering if anyone else in the sleepy Basin had heard their exchange so far. He figured he would get bored of messing around with the mare soon and once he learned her name he would leave her alone and go back to duties on border patrol. Now that he knew that this little child was not an intruder and in fact their little pet, concealed well in the dark damp caves.
WARRIOR
Image Credit

Unregistered

I think this is the first time I had ever been in such a bad mood like this. Yes I had felt terror and fear, tremendous fear, but never such anger as I was feeling now. I was alone, in my own world. No one else was there to help me, no one else was there to free me from this nightmare. This hellish nightmare. One of those one's you can't escape not in physically or in your mind. Trapped. That was what you were, trapped, and nothing you did have ever been wrong. Unless just being Innocent was a crime to the brutes of the world?

I am almost to lost to here hooves traveling at speed behind me and it was only when the sharp snap of jaws aim at my rump that I realise the leisurely stroll I had planned to taken would be more difficult then I hoped. Teeth snapped at my rump, grabbing the skin and tearing it,allowing a small puddle of blood to well. A sting of pain runs though me and I kicked out with my back legs in anger and, more so, fear whilst a small squeal erupts from inside me and I come to a skidding halt as he whips round to face me. I almost stumble back as I back away from the snipped face of the stallion. My eyes, which were once made up of mainly anger were being gradually taken over by fear that flickered in my eyes.

"A prisoner hmm? So what's your name?" I take a few moments to think about what to say. Had I ever actually told these sick minded creatures my name? My mind though was full of thick fog though, I couldn't think straight at all. What had Athena done? She had lied right? What would stop me from lying? My eye's flicker down for a split second before looking up again to meet the glowing eyes of the stallion. Of course though, they weren't glowing nicely. "K..Kira.." The name just came out, was Kira even a name? Oh well, it was to late now, it was said. My name was Kira. I take a step back, my ears still slick back and my eyes glaring at the stallion although they also flickered with fear.

"blah blah blah."