the Rift

I'll Stop My Heart || Open

Chemical Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
if you look in the mirror and don't like what you see
you can find out first hand what it's like to be me

Long days and nights occur when one is alone. Alone forever. But some are not afraid of it. Some enjoy it, actually. Only accompanied by their own shadow and heartbeat. Chemical was one of these few. She chose this path starting from the Threshold but perhaps what she was doing right now would be different from what she would be doing had she chosen to go with Nadira.

A mostly black body streaked through the sky, casting a shadow on the ground from where her soaring body shielded what was beneath her from the silver moonlight. If one was to look up they would see Chemical and her large wings. And at closer inspection, they could see a red tribal marking on the bottom of both wings.

She was flying just to fly, escaping the paranoia of being killed for a bit. She needed a break and a rest and right now, she could barely stop herself from scouting the field filled with thistles. Reflection caught her eye, however. It was the moon on the wide river that flowed through the grass and thistles. It had been a decent amount of time since she had gotten a drink. Chemical looked at the moon, then decided she could return afterwards.

Chemical flapped her large black wings several more times to gain elevation, then spread them out widely to glide a bit. Then she entered a diving position that sent her barreling rapidly towards the ground. Flinging out her wings at the appropriate distance and time kept Chemical from hitting hard on impact and created resistance. Instead, her hooves gently touched the earth as she stabilized herself a few feet from the river.

Ears pinned back, Chemical looked around quickly with her blood red crimsons for any sign of life (threat more or less) but it was truly only a glance for she was quickly grabbing a drink out of the cool water. The silver moonlight fell upon her back, illuminating her inky coat and wings. Another feature was now visible, though. Her blood red tribal markings along her legs and shoulders were visible. Another feature, was the other set of red tribal markings that was positioned on top of her wings. This set, however, was larger but still mimicked the pattern of the marking on the underside.

Tonka Posts: 87
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18 hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Sky

The night. How lovely it was. The time when monsters emerge and good ones sleep. Lucky for him, he was no good one. Thoughts of himself and the group of Assassins wiping out and killing a herdland brought a smile to his lips. War was one of the few things that he liked. He had not felt or seen anothers blood being spilled ever since he had come to Helovia, and to be honest, it was torture. He just needed to feel his horn cutting into another’s soft flesh to make himself satisfied. And night was the perfect time for that to happen. Nightmares would creep and wolves would howl. Night was the time for evil to come.

A scent pricked at the nostrils of Tonka. It was of a mare, a Pegasus mare. How he would love to see her helplessly fly away with fright. Silvery light illuminated his dark day coat as he silently cantered off to go find the helpless soul. After a minute or two of searching, a dark figure came into his view. He stopped dead in his tracks. She was black with the strangest of markings. He was not the one to be talking though. He did have a strange marking himself. A lighting-like marking was on his left shoulder.

An evil grin came to his maw as he noiselessly walked behind the mare. His opened his maw and said in a demon-like voice, “You know, traveling alone at night can be very dangerous.” He walked to the right side of her and let his sharp edged horn tap the ribs of her. “You never know what could be lurking. If you know what’s good for yourself, you would fly away to your mommy back home.” His evil grin could not get any bigger and he glared into her eyes. His cold stare not seeing anything but an enemy. If she did not go away, she would have to feel the pain.

Unregistered

The cold water rushed down her throat quietly and Chemical welcomed every ounce of it into her body. That being said, she was still paying every bit of attention to her surroundings. That was when she heard the grass moving behind her in the slightest amount. Chemical lifted her head from the water, her body taking a defensive look to it. She gave no sign that she had heard him. Yes, it was a him and as his scent grew stronger, she knew another presence was behing her.

Then his voice emerged into the silent night and Chemical gave it her all to keep from kicking him square in the face. Chemical was not one to put up with bullshit nor arrogant cocky dolts. To try and intimidate her was like trying to convince a brick wall to move out of your way; useless. He wanted fright, it wasn't a warning. He tapped her side and instinctively her nomad, primitive self whirred around, facing him. Her fiery crimson eyes glared deeply into his and Chemical's tightly tucked wings came ever so slightly lowered if a fight did occur. Her ears were pinned tightly against her head and she resisted the urge to full on bite him.

His words made her smile. If he wanted to be intimidating, Chemical could just do it right back. And she had a reason. She had killed, she knew how to be creepy. And just when dosed in the right amounts she could get exactly to where she wanted him. Threats were no thing to throw at Chemical for she was a witty one who had sought burning blood before. Oh how the smell had pushed at her nose but the smile on her face while it was occurring was absolutely irreplaceable. It was pure joy.

"Oh, but honey, what you see is not what you get." A smirk was played upon her face and Chemical cocked her head to the side ever so slight. Chemical began to circle Tonka, analyzing her possible opponent without it even appearing so. She could turn small flaws into her advantage, turn even bigger ones to her best friend, and turn disadvantages into something to avoid.

"And whom are you to tell me I should fly off? Perhaps you should stop being a hypocrite and examine your own words. After all, you never know what could be lurking." Chemical said the last part in a mimicking tone. "And my mommy is dead. Burned at the stake, she was. And every second she burned I smiled and rejoyced. Lighting that fire on purpose was the best thing I ever did." Her grin had gotten wider as well, her ears were still pinned to her head, and her wings were ready. She wasn't one to run.

[[ooc: Alright, so Chem is being a complete bitch right now xD I promise she won't be so... this once we get deeper into the thread. :3]]

Hidden Account
Sky
Her blood like eyes glared back at Tonka. Her words ment nothing to him, and only told him that she was a total bastard, just like the others in her old her. However, he could not wipe the evil grin off of his face. She was nothing but a tiny bitch. With one kick to the head with his massive black hooves, she would be dead. Her attempts on frightening him did not work the slightest bit. Her chuckled as she mentioned that she killed her own mother. How he wished that he could have stuck his horn right through his moms heart. She beat him. Beat him for nothing but fun. The thought of his past life made him feeling like screaming.

The moon shined on the two. Their eyes glaring at each other’s. Her strange tribal markings caught his eye. How the swirled seemed all too strange for his mind. Her dark wings also made him wonder. He would have liked to have wings, but a horn was also fun to have. You could not stab someone with wings now could you? But wings did have their advantages. He was glad he had a horn though. He loved to threaten others with it. Just the thought of it tearing through flesh made him happy. How he would love to do that the bastard in front of him.

“So, you’re going to bitch off to me right? Well guess what, I have also killed. However I am not that cruel to kill my mother, even though she beat me! How I wish I could see my horn rip through her heart. I did not even know my father, and my leader chased me out. My soul is gone, and all that is left is sweet revenge.” His words were true, and he meant everything he said. He thrashed his front right hoof to the ground, and made the earth slightly shake. “You are just a damn speck in my eyes, and you should know when to shut your fucking mouth.” He could already tell that this would not end well, and he would not be the one who was hurt.

((OCC:: Sorry its so short, and also its fine. Tonka loves to argue))

Unregistered

Looks like they had more in common than she thought. His attempts to intimidate did not take a toll on her. She was not hurt by his useless words nor his pathetic attempts at sovereignty over her. Chemical had put up with many douchebags in her days and this was just another one. Another bug to swat with her tail.

"It appears as though we have more in common than I previously thought. She beat me and tore at me for no reason either, but let's face it, I did her and every other poor soul she came into contact with a favor. I am only cruel to those who deserve it. And how foolish of you to seek revenge when others have done nothing to harm you! That is not sweet revenge but rather only a foolish, cocky, arrogant piece of shit that seeks pride in being a HYPOCRITE! You have no right to try and frighten those who may very well kill you or even turn out to be your ally! Stupid creature, you are! Your mother must have beat you on your head quite often!"

Chemical hadn't argued with someone in a long long time. Actually, she hadn't come into contact with someone in a long time either. "Welcome back to civilization! May I treat you to shit or a complimentary cup of piss?!?" Needless to say, Chemical wasn't one to socialize. She was one, however, to see that this world was really messed up. You can't have good without bad but, damn, did it really have to be in these freaking proportions?!? "Of course it fucking does. More stains to make it dirtier."

With not being social, Chemical was also a pessimist. To picture how Chemical saw the world, think of the world as a sponge. A pure white spotless and clean sponge with absolutely no flaw or anything bad on it. Now think about every murder, every beating, every lie, every bad act as being an individual drop of black dye. And with every single bad thing that happened, a drop of black dye was dripped onto this sponge. And over time, the sponge becomes soaked with black dye to the point it is never coming out.

Chemical thought the world was going to shit anyway so why not have her part. No use in being a tulip when thorns were swallowing the world up, you included. The world needed more freaking tulips. Tulips and a giant lawn mower with the lawn mower coming first.

"Now are we gonna sit here and argue like foals over a butterfly or do you have a name?"
{{ooc: Gotcha x3}}

Hidden Account
Sky
Her wounds were quite cunning. He liked it. It was about time he had met someone in these lands who knew how to talk back. Although he liked rude talk, he also hated it. It just made him go even more. He could feel himself ready to lunge at the black bitch that was in front of him. She did not know anything about him, but yet she talked to him as if she did. He did not care though, rudeness was what he was used to.

“You have no right to talk to me like that bitch! You do not know my history, or anything about me. If you would like to settle this the proper way, I would be more than happy to stab you with my horn a couple of times. Then you would know never to talk to someone who is larger than you like that. Your pathetic. Your mother should have thought you better, wait that’s right; you killed her before she could teach you anything.”

He dug his hooves into the ground to prevent himself from lashing at her. He would not try and hurt her today, unless if she insisted. Now are we gonna sit here and argue like foals over a butterfly or do you have a name? The mare with the coat of night asked. He looked down at her. It was kind of silly to be fighting over something that they both did not even know why was quite foal like. He sighed. He had to admit, she was right. His eyes still glared at her and he stamped his foot one last time. “I am sorry that I talked like that. I just don’t really like being nice. My name is Tonka, and may I ask if you have a name yourself?” His tone was still dry and sounded lifeless.

Maybe she did not have a home. Then he would invite her to come with him back to the Assassins. He would show her to Ignita and maybe she would except her. They needed someone who was not afraid to be rude in the herd and judging by the way she talked to him, she defiantly had some nerves.

Unregistered

"All is forgiven, Tonka. I apologize as well." And it was a true apology. Something Chemical ever rarely practiced. The Friesian mare lived by the motto of 'No regrets or looking back'. Needless to say it, of course, affected her life immensely.

When asked for a name, Chemical hesitated. He had been honest with her but, of course, could she be honest with him? This behavior was natural of Chemical. Her survival instincts were in full swing and had been her close to entire life! A weakness could be used against you, but a name? A name could truly get you into trouble if the time ever arose.

But then again, if she was to have any allies in this place, she might want to change her tactics a bit. "Chemical, the name is. Not very common, not unoriginal. But then again, with all the beings I've met so far, there is no name that's used twice here." And by all the beings, she meant two. One in the Threshold and one right in front of her.

"So are you an outcast as well or are you part of a herd or something of the like?" One herd that had been mentioned to her was the Foothills. Still, she had chosen to leave on her own.

Hidden Account
Sky
As the mare forgave him, he felt sort of relieved. He did not wish to spar this starry night. Although he was not sure why. This mare acted like a bitch at first, but now she was kind. Should he really be ’kind’ back? He really questioned himself for this. He was only kind and trusting to one. That one was Ignita. She was his leader, and she would lead him to success. Maybe if this mare did not have a home, perhaps he could take her to Ignita. She seemed like she was brave, judging by the way she showed no fear to the large brute.

"Chemical, the name is. Not very common, not unoriginal. But then again, with all the beings I've met so far, there is no name that's used twice here." The Pegasus mare spoke. His ears twitched forward and he stomped the ground once. It’s not that he was displeased, but he was thinking about the mares name. It sounded foreign to him. He was used to the strange, long names from others. In his old herd, that’s all there was. It sounded quite different. Not that it was a bad different though. “Your name is quite different from anything I have heard. It is simple, but has a nice sound to it.” His voice was still a little emotionless. He could not help it, but it seemed whenever he would talk, the same lifeless tone would emerge from his throat.

"So are you an outcast as well or are you part of a herd or something of the like?" This comment made a slight smile grow on his bark bay face. His silver horn sparkled and the lightning-like marking on his shoulder seemed to make his body look lighter. Opening his maw, the steed spoke “I am no outcast. I am an assassin. Since you are not part of a herd or group yourself, would you mind me asking if maybe you would like to come and meet my leader? We need more members and you seem to have the potential to become one of us, judging by the way you spoke to me.” He said chuckling a bit while remembering their silly bicker.

Unregistered

[[[ooc: I am SOO sorry for the long wait!!! I had no clue you had responded because for some reason my computer wasn't refreshing the cache and I guess it took a whole system reboot and a file restore thing to make it completely refresh the page! I had NO clue!!! :'( ]]]

"I serve no one, as to which explains why I am an outcast. However, I am looking for protection in a world so cold. If I am to seek something, this Assassins group out, I do not wish to be treated like another piece of rubbish to add to the pile. I do not want to be looked at like livestock being judged and deemed worthy of being bought. If I do go, I want a promise on your word, your honor, you soul, whatever the hell is important to you, that I won't be attacked when my back is turned?"

My trust... was with close to no one. I wasn't even sure I could trust Tonka to the smallest extent. I needed to save my own skin and protect no one else for no one else was important to me at this time. I needed to live and survive.

But why? For what reason? What else did I have to live for? Perhaps it was just simply the fact that it was my instincts. To survive. It was inscribed in close to everyone's brain leftover from our ancestors. It was the very reason that kept all races alive. Perhaps for good reason.

But how could one actually live without a good reason? I needed a fact. I needed a direction. I need a bright star to appear within the night. I need to live. To live or die trying. I wanted to find a cause. Perhaps this was an opening for that exact the cause? What were the Assassins for anyway?

"But before that, what are the Assassins anyway? What are they for?"

Hidden Account
Sky

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“In a group like mine, no one would ever betray you. We would never teach one like a small mouse. Every one of us is important. We rely on each other. If one if gone, then we all perish. I have once gotten my back turned, when I was not in Helovia. They fucking chased my away. I did nothing. But, Ignita promised me that she would never to that. She promised that she would protect us, and all my trust is in her. I believe that with her leading us, and strong horses we can achieve success. I may not reveal our plans, unless you would like to come with me.”

His navy eyes looked straight at her crimson orbs with pure honesty. Every word he spoke about his group was true. He would not even dare to lie about his group. He hoped that the mare would see that he was not lying and she would believe ever word he said.

Tonka had to admit, the ink black mare did look quite pretty in the moon’s sparkling light. Her blood red markings stood out to him the most and reminded him a bit of the odd lighting like marking on his left shoulder. Its golden coloring looked strange on his dark bay body. He felt something strange for this mare. Maybe the slightest bit of trust? He had not known her long but her long, but he could tell that she was the one who would keep her word. He liked her, as a friend. Although they had a rough start, he could tell that they would end up being friends.

"But before that, what are the Assassins anyway? What are they for?" The sound of the black mare’s voice broke his thoughts. What were the Assassins for? Well just like they name they were Assassins. He chuckled a bit then spoke, “The Assassins are a group of highly trained horses. The training might be in fighting, spying, healing, and other stuff like that. We can even take the smallest and weakest of foals and make them strong. We can make them safe. We are for what any other herd is for. We here to give others a home. A safe home I might add. We are trying, like a said before, to reach the top and take over a curtain land. Now, is there any more information you would like to try to get me to tell you?”

[[OCC:: Its fine don’t worry ;) Its not your fault that your computer crashed. Also, if you would like Tonka to lead you to the land were the Assassins are, just tell me. Since Tonka is now stolen by the Foothills, I will need to get permission to post outside of herd lands. Since this thread is before he was stolen then it does not matter. But lol just tell me if you want me to set up a thread :D]]

Thinking :: Talking :: Doing

ASSASSIN STRICKER

Tonka

Unregistered

My crimson eyes locked onto his deep dark blue ones as he spoke. I took in every single word and held onto it. I shredded them all thoroughly and analyzed every single word. I searched for lies and anything that seemed iffy. Despite my paranoid mind, I could find none.

I could, however, pick out that he meant it. I had had experience with liars. I could pick them out from the honest with ease. Tonka was not a liar. Either not a liar or a damn good one. The moon reflected in both of our eyes and I remained silent as he finished his last question.

I found a smile upon my face. Once I realized it, I was shocked, but I didn't remove it. It was a real smile, not a fake one. Something I had only done rarely. By rarely, I mean close to never. The thing was, I didn't exactly know why. I blinked and then realized that this was the first being I had ever let talk to me this way. But it was in a good way.

I trusted him. Even if it was only for a small amount of time and even if it was only a small amount of trust, it was real.

I nodded then smiled again "I'll come."

[[ooc: I'd love to set up another thread! Can't wait! Like I said in the PM, my account is in my hands again and I'm back on here in full swing. :)]]

"Talk" - Actions