the Rift

Thunder Welcomes Me [open]

Sasha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Thunder rumbles in a starless sky, and a restless breeze stirs the humid air. Sasha snorts as the first raindrops kiss her muzzle, grateful for the shelter of the trees in the impending storm.

So this is Helovia. The chestnut pegasus casts her gaze about the forest, a small smile on her lips. Nothing so special or different yet; this is a wood like any other. She has been in dozens like it, wandering carefree with her parents.

But her parents aren't with her now, and though there is a small ache of missing them in her chest, Sasha is thrilled by her new independence. I am a mare grown now, ready to find a proud stallion and birth my own babies.

Sasha strides confidently over the mossy forest floor, softly singing under her breath, a song her father sang just for her when she was a tiny filly:

Sweet little bird in your little nest
Of all the birdies I love you best
Eyes of jade and wings of red
May sweet dreams pass through your head

Sweet little birdie, stay close today
For 'tis not too long 'til you fly away

And fly away she has, to a new land full of delicious possibilities.

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

Onni was singing to a bird of her own, yet hers was also offering his replies. They were both thrilled by the sudden storm which whiped away some of the oppressive heat. Lyhty soared in the air next to the mare as they traveled to the Threshold. The painted girl was happy to have been entrusted by her mother for today's adventure into the gateway of Helovia. They needed more members in the Throat, it was true, but at least the land was bustling with activity nowadays - unlike during the reign of the Order. Still, Onni was a friendly mare, even if a tad awkward at conversation - she enjoyed new faces and stories, and appreciated each individual whom she came upon.

Every life was important, even if it did not belong to your beloved.

Together the pair dive toward the trees, finding a neat little clearing to bring them somewhere within the wood. Kri had been sure to mention that pegasus were preferred, but her mother was not racist, and thus any could find a home in the desert. They only needed a strong heart and will to please her mother. Onni was certain she would find at least one such individual today.

Setting off through the forest, the mare can't help but muse back to the days she had spent standing in these woods, praying for a familiar face to pass from Isilme into this new land. A few had come, a disappointing few. The friends she had lost in her life were like injuries, ones she clearly felt everyday. A brave face was slapped on in response, though. So long as she carried the torch of their memory, they would not truly be lost.

Lyhty shakes aware Onni's reverie with the sound of alarm, his pretty voice twisting more high pitched, a feeling of unease seeping into the mare's conscious. Her blue eyes scan the surroundings, ears catching a fading song directing her sight. When the vision of a chestnut pegasus is made, Onni's pale face makes way for a smile. Trotting forward to catch up to the other mare, excitement bubbles in her chest.

"Hello," Onni says as she gets close to the chestnut mare. "My name is Onni and this is Lyhty." The mare's head twists to the side, gesturing toward the firetailed finch flying by her side. "Welcome to Helovia."

Unregistered
It doesn't take long for Sasha to make her first acquaintance with a Helovia resident. Trotting through the storm dampened trunks of the Threshold's trees comes a painted pegasus mare with lovely blue eyes. Sasha is surprised and delighted to see that a fiery little bird flies alongside this mare, clearly her companion. In all her travels, Sasha had seen few companions and little magic - perhaps all of that wonder has migrated here, to Helovia.

The mare speaks offering her name - Onni - and that of her splendid little bird - Lyhty. Sasha smiles warmly and offers a little bow to the pair. "A million thanks, both of you." she says, stretching out her wings and shaking the raindrops from them. "I am thrilled to be here, although I'm not sure what direction I should be taking now that I have crossed the border. I was thinking I might fly up to view the land from the air, but then this storm came up, and I thought it wiser to stay on the ground."

Hidden Account

Luck would have the pair stumble upon a friendly face. Fortune, obviously, was smiling graciously on this day. First a thunderstorm to cool the air which had been laboriously hot for weeks, and the gift of a possible new friend. Lyhty chirps happily when the chestnut mare smiles, landing softly on Onni's folded wing. His own delicate wings were getting too dense to continue his flight for much longer - the only downside of the rain.

Onni nods in response to her words about not knowing where to head next. The tobiano had only ever been told about some of the other herds, and had never visited the lands herself. Still, being a pegasus came with a few advantages - one being that she knew the location of the herds. "Heading north will take you to the Foothills herdland. West is the World's Edge, which seems to only favor unicorns nowadays, and south will take you toward my home, the Dragon's Throat. Scattered around are neutral territories." The mare takes a pause for a moment, gathering her thoughts before speaking again. "Of course, most territories are dry from the heat we've been experiencing lately. I wouldn't suggest wandering too much."

Unregistered

Sasha decides that she likes Onni. She is kind, well spoken, a lady. There is no malice or sneakiness to be detected in her manner. And of course she loves the little bird, Lyhty. She finds herself wishing that the little creature would perch on her wing.

She listens carefully as Onni gives her a brief description of the Helovian lands. Her ears perk up when the painted mare speaks of her home, a place with a splendid name. "Dragon's Throat? There's an enticing title, though not one that heralds the sort of moisture we're experiencing now." A rain drop rolls down her muzzle like a liquid jewel, as if to illustrate her point. "Tell me of this place. Do you love it? If it is half as exciting as its name I think I should like to see it, abundance of water or no." Sasha is quite confident that Onni will offer to take her to Dragon's Throat - after all, what would she be doing in the Threshold if not looking for new recruits? Whether she will find the sort of pleasurable life she is looking for at Dragon's Throat is unsure - and whether she will decide to stay - but for now at least she would be glad to have a pleasant companion to guide her to this place with the ferocious name.

Hidden Account

"Oh, it is very dry," Onni says with a laugh, thinking back to her desert home. There was a comfort in the dry air that she found peace in, though. It was far different from the islands she had called her home in Isilme - very similar to the red towers of the Cliffs into which she was born into. The sandstone of the Throat reminded her of what she believed were long forgotten memories. The mare remembered the face of Aurelia, the healer who saved her mother after her violent introduction to the world. The pale face of her painted father, Zodiac, also flashed before her eyes at times.

The desert was her home, the red rocks like a beacon to her memories, pulling out what she was missing. They had been healing to her, even as she found her healing abilities there. The scars left by her companions now gone were gently soothed by the awakening of friendly faces she had forgotten. Recovery was a strange thing, but she was grateful.

A genuine smile appears on Onni's lips as well as her eyes as she thinks of her home. "It is a beautiful land. The rocks are like waves of red, and the sky is perfectly clear and blue." Even in the desperate heat that plagued all of Helovia, Onni was never sick of her home. "We have a beautiful Oasis toward the center of the land, filled with fascinating plants and flowers, as well as the clearest water in all of Helovia."

"You are welcome to visit and stay if you'd like. We always have room for the good-hearted."

Unregistered

There is a wistful love in Onni's voice as she talks about her home. Sasha listens curiously, wondering at the mare's reverence of the place. Sasha has never experienced such a strong sense of 'home' in a place - her life has been a nomadic one. She carries her home within her soul, and makes the whole world her dwelling. But clearly Onni is different - she speaks of Dragon's Throat the way one would speak of a dear friend. The description itself is enticing - this place sounds beautiful. Her ears perk up at the mention of clear water and diverse plant life.

And, just as she knew it would, the offer to come to Dragon's Throat is given. "Onni, I would love to come with you to Dragon's Throat." she says with a crinkly-eyed smile. "Now, I can't promise you I'll stay - I am a wanderer in my heart - but I would like to at least see this place that you clearly love so much. And look -" she glances up at the sky - "The storm is breaking." Through the cover of the trees, grey clouds are breaking apart to reveal clear blue sky, and the ferocious sun is reasserting its power. "Shall we go?"

Hidden Account

Ironically, most of Onni's life had been spent traveling. She had only lived a few months in the Cliffs before the cataclysm struck Isilme the first time, and spent the majority of two years wandering after. When she finally returned to her old home, she found the great crimson towers had been grown over with grass, and that the pegasus had taken root in a few Islands off the mainland. Only the length of a year had passed in the Islands before the shades had overtaken the land of Isilme, and then it was a mad dash away from the place she had come to love.

The Dragon's Throat had been a peaceful home thus far, but not one she had lived in long. The land had accepted her as the healer, though, so she was tied more than ever to her herd and desert home.

This mare seemed to be hesitant to stay in a land she had never seen, even with such a sparkling recommendation. The tobiano mare could understand that - no one wants to sign a contract they have not read. "Fair enough," Onni says, her voice still light and cheery. Her light blue eyes follow the chestnut mare's teal ones as they raise toward the breaking clouds. A smile washes over her face again at the sight of sunshine. Of course, this sun was not the gentle light she usually knew - it was forceful.

"Follow me." And with that, Onni unfurls her wings, setting Lyhty into the air, ready to fly home.

[ ooc: We can start a thread back in the Throat, or you are free to post anywhere! :D ]

Unregistered
ooc: Cool, thread is finished. I'll message you about continuing the story. :)