the Rift

Pirate's Life, Savvy? (Pirates)

Jack Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Captain’s Log: Entry 1

Stumbled on to land today. Just another ordinary day for your Captain, though there are always some things worth mentioning, savvy?

“Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We pillage plunder, we rifle and loot.
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.
We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot.
Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.”

Singing is a common pastime for pirates, when we’re on ships for long periods of time. Though I don’t own a ship anymore, I’ve had to travel on land. Being a pirate and living off the sea since I was a wee barnacle, this is a troubling thing for myself. Land is boring, to say for anything. I came across something new, and I knew it. I was in a forest all of a sudden. Everything was lush and green, not surprising since everything on land was lush and green most of the time. I kept me singing, since it was just another forest to me.

“We extort and pilfer, we filch and sack.
Maraud and embezzle and even highjack.
Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We kindle and char and in flame and ignite.
We burn up the city, we're really a fright.
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.”

Some land animals were about, and I ignored them, because they were nothing to me. I hadn’t been in the ocean for quite some time now, and I was bored of life without the sea. My heart ached for the ocean and all her beauty, for her foams and algae, for the sea stars and sharks. The salt water on a sea dog’s skin was like nothing else, and you couldn’t just simply stay away from it. He sighed, and pondered if this new land had an ocean. He came across some places that were completely land locked, and those wretched landlubbers didn’t know what the ocean even was. They were backwards to him, and he escaped as quickly as he could. There was just something wrong with other horses that didn’t know the joy of the sea. Though there were some pretty lasses there, and being a male pirate I took what I could have, and mostly that’s why I left, upon being kicked out, and on account of the fact that he stole a precious gold, but still, they were backwards, I swear to it. I continued to travel along the greenery, soon sicken like I had scurvy. I needed to find my way to the ocean as quickly as possible.

We're rascals and scoundrels, we're villians and knaves.
We're devils and black sheep, we're really bad eggs.
Drink up me-”

I paused, hearing a sound. He wondered if it was another horse, and if he should try to sneak up on them. He was brave, and he could care less right now, being cranky.

“Aye, who be there? You should know best not to sneak up on a pirate mate, savvy?”

OCC Note: Song is "A Pirate's Life for Me (Yo Ho)"

"BLA BLA BLA."
Captain Jack
Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.

IMAGE CREDITS

Cosette Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Cosette felt herself growing more attached to the pirates everyday, and also found herself growing quite fond, and falling head over heels for their leader Corsair. He was a very handsome stallion, that was for sure. But what was it about him that got to her? Was it his kindness he had always shown to her? Was it that cute smile and the way he got embarrassed? Everything about him was awfully attractive. But Cosette figured nothing could happen between them for he was the captain.

Cosette traveled herself back into the threshold again. The pirates desperately needed to get themselves going again and needed new members. She seemed to be the only one actually getting herself out there lately to recruit. But she didn't mind. Anything to help her dear Corsair.

Cosette stretched her long legs out over the grass of the threshold. The trees just as tall as ever, and the smell of the sea quickly faded and replaced by the sent of grass and flower and trees. It was a beautiful smell, but nothing compared to the way the mare loved the smell of the salt from the ocean.

A mellow singing caught the mahogany colored mares attention. That voice, that song. Its was a pirate! Cosette could recognize that well known song anywhere. If a pirate did not know that song then they were no pirate at all. Just utter fools pretending to be apart of something they knew nothing about. And most of those damn horses had to walk the plank. Utter idiots.

Cosette's weight shifted forward as she headed towards the singing. Her long slender legs carried her elegantly, her head and tail held high in confidence. As she approached the newcomer she examined him. He was a chestnut with a flaxen mane and tail. Quite handsome if you asked her, but not as handsome as their captain Corsair. Oh corsair.

Ahoy! I couldn't help but to hear ye song thar. Quite a beautiful song if ye ask me! She stopped next to the male. Her face greeted him with a soft warm smile. Cosette, lass of the sea!" she said her normal greeting to the other as she looked him over again. He would fit in quite fine among the other pirates if he deemed himself worthy to her.

She wondered how this stallion would act, and if he was cocky and rude. She did not want any male that was willing to try and take her dear Corsairs title from him. He was a great captain, and she would like to keep it at that. Tell me lad, what is ye name?

Corsair Posts: N/A
Unregistered

The air was thick and dry. Corsair trotted through the Threshold, sweat coating his thin, mahogany pelt. But the stallion wasn't at all tired just yet. He had just left the comforts of the endless blue and his band. Most of his days were now spent protecting the borders of the stretch they called home, chasing off unwanted visitors. Being Captain had been more work than he had anticipated, but it was certainly something he could handle. Corsair had found some time in his busy day to have time to himself, so he was spending it recruiting.

Corsair stopped in his tracks, a familiar voice he cherished so much coming to meet his ears. It was the thick french accent that belonged to his beloved Cosette. He missed this particular mare, for she was unlike most dainty fillies he had fooled around with in his lifetime. Cosette was strong, a real mare worthy of the title of Pirate. He must try her in battle sometime, just a practice spar. Maybe she could be of even more use to them in the band, which was more than appealing to the stallion, as long as she wasn't hurt. Corsair wasn't sure what he'd do if she was hurt. But for now, he had recruiting to do. Might as well do it with Cosette.

"Aye, me name 's Corsair, buccaneer of the sea, an' Capt'n of the Pirates who reside on tha shores o' tha endless blue. Now me lad, what is ye name?" Corsair said with a smile, approaching the pair of horses with his head held high. He had slowed his pace to a walk, then stopped to stand next to his beloved Cosette, looking up at the mare with a gaze of acknowledgement. But there was something more sparkling in his deep blue orbs. What was it called? Ah, yes. Admiration and adoration.

"speech"

image credits

Unregistered
JACK
Even Castles made of sand, fall into the sea, eventually
Captain’s Log: Entry 2

As I continue this, I meet with two other pirates, my soon to be shipmates. It’s been a while since I’ve been apart of a crew, but I can get along if I have to. Captain Jack out.

Last I left off on me tale, I was cut off in the middle of me singing. It was a wee lass, with strange markings on her sides. She was brown with white muddled stripes about her, and a strange X marking on her left side. I smiled, hearing her accent and the talk of sea woman. Another appeared then, and both gave their names to me. Corsair and Cosette. I did smile this time; glad to find some other pirates about, and were there are some there must be more.

“Captain Corsair and Lady Cosette, tis a pleasure to meet thee. Good to meet some other pirates about. It’s such a large sea; I found it nearly impossible to find others like us. I am “Captain” Jack, but I suppose you may just call me Jack, though I prefer Captain. I’ve had many crews, been on the sea all my life since I was abandoned by me parents. Once a Captain, always a Captain, right Corsair?” I wink towards him and the lass, my charisma taking over. I continue with me talking, telling them why I lost me last crew.

“Sadly, my last crew mutinied, and abandoned me without proper cause. They didn’t even follow the code. Bunch of ungrateful land lubbers them are.” I paused, the last part of Corsair’s words sinking in. “Wait, there’s an ocean here? Thank the heavens! The last place I landed, none of the bloody horses knew what the ocean was! I’ve been itching for the sea for months now. Tell me, do you have a ship?”

Speaking | Thinking | Doing

Notes;;
Words;;
Tag;;

Credits;;
Image; AshenSorrow.deviantart.com | Table; Frostie

Cosette Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Cosette watched as Corsair joined her in the threshold. It was great being able to recruit with t=her captain, and possible love, maybe even mate? But she was getting ahead of herself. Besides whatever was going on between her and Corsair would have to wait. Her focus was on this new male. She knew he would be a good addition to the pirates. She just hoped Corsair would agree with her.

She nodded in recognition to Corsair dropping her head slightly to be level with his Captain she said. The way she said it had in affliction of admiration to it. A tint of longing as well. Her gaze returned to the new stallion Jack. He sure could talk that was for sure. She nodded as he spoke.

Aye, there is an ocean here. Quite perfect if ye ask me. As for a ship. No, I don' believe we be havin a ship yet She said looking to Corsair for approval. His approval would mean the world to her. It would help her know he believed in her, as much as she believed in him, her dear Corsair, her captain, her heart.

So, Jack, If ye don' mind me callin ye that, there is only one captain here in me eyes. she said glancing slightly at Corsair. Tell me what it is ye are searching for among the pirates? she felt the need to ask. For this stallion was slightly cocky, and she had to make sure he had no ill intentions towards her family. Even if she wasn't the leader, she felt it her duty to be careful, especially if she was to stand by Corsairs side.

OOC: Short post is short :/

Unregistered

[ooc: this incredibly useless post has been brought to you by bry. you don't have to read it unless you want to, all corsair does is nod to cosette cx ]

A satisfied feeling tingled through Corsair at the sound of Cosette's voice. There was something more behind that pretty little french accent and he was determined to figure out what it was. He made a quick mental note to seek the unicorn out soon, very, very soon. Somewhere they could be alone for once.

Corsair's gaze stayed fixated on Jack as the stallion talked, his story a great interest to the bay. His own history included skipping around oceans and Pirate bands, causing havoc as he did so. It was a life he had grown tired of quickly, and wasn't one he planned on going back to, especially after coming to Helovia and meeting Cosette.

As Jack spoke of his Captain like nature, his eyes wandered to Cosette. Her words made him proud, but his face, for the most part, stayed neutral. His eyes shone with pride as they washed over her, giving her a small nod of approval. Cosette's words were carefully chosen and a perfect fit for the situation. Corsair himself didn't want to run off a potential recruit by saying something too offensive, but he had to put Jack in his place.

The Captain did not need to speak, for Cosette had spoken for him. His words wouldn't have made a difference, and if anything, would've screwed up the dilemma further. Being a decent Captain meant knowing when to keep your trap shut, and when to bark at the brash arrogance of some horses.

"speech"

image credits

Unregistered

Captain's Log: Entry 3

Today I am joining the Pirate Crew of the Endless Blue, hoping to be second in command. If not, then I have no idea what I shall do. Jack out.

I stand there and hear the lass talk. Being loyal to the captain is a good quality in an under, especially in a lass. I’m wondering if they are somehow in love, but they don’t seem as such to me. She is pretty enough, that was for sure. He wondered if there were other lasses about. Surely I could get to know them better. However, then the mare mentioned, in a rude way, that was to be only one captain. I don’t mind not being a Captain, but at the same time, there was no need to be so harsh about it.

"Aye, there be no need for such hostility Lady Cosette. I twas just making a statement. I am looking to be active part of the group, if you have such a position for one. However, thar can only be one captain, otherwise the crew wouldn’t know who to listen to, and that’s always a cause for mutiny." I look between them before continuing, making sure they get my message. "Now, a ship could always be built, which I think would be a nice touch. We would be able to find treasure, which thar is always treasure to be found. A good ocean is an asset. Tell me, are any other lasses such as ye self about in this Endless Blue? But I wish to come with ye, if you let me. I miss the sea, and grow bored of this foul greenery, as you might as well."

I stand there, a little jittery, wishing to see the Endless Blue where they live. There would be no better place for me. I’m a pirate, after all.

"Talk talk talk talk."

Jack</style>
Drink up me hearties yoho …a pirates life for me</style>

Image Credits

Unregistered

The Pirates needed more members, even if they were ambitious, they would be put to good use. Besides, Jack seemed like he knew a lot about Pirates and fighting, which would be useful in an invasion, which he knew would have to come eventually, wether Corsair liked it or not.

"Aye, Jack. We got t' best mares t' be found in Helovia!" Corsair winked, still aware of the presence of Cosette. Maybe she'd take it as a compliment. "We'd love t' have ye as part of t' Pirates, Jack," the Captain smiled, hospitality alive in his actions as well as his words. "T' Endless Blue is this way. Follow at ye own will," Corsair turned in the direction of the blue, excitement tingling in his hooves and up his legs. The Captain would be going back to the blue! Back to his home!

Corsair took off at full speed through the Threshold, hoping Jack would be able to keep up. A light sheen of sweat coated Corsair's body, adding a soft shine to his dark coat. His long skunk tail flowed from his body, the speed of his gallop sending his mane and corks flying. It was as if he could already hear the ocean calling his name. Corsair closed his deep blue eyes as he rhythmically galloped, knowing the way to the beach almost by heart now.

"speech"

image credits