the Rift

I want you to stay [Open]

Éowyn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: e_o_w_y_n_by_olofmaria-d5wortf.png]

Éowyn

The black mare’s mane flickered from as she trotted into the Threshold. The sun was on its way down and soon night would spread over the world. The mare didn’t like the night, the darkness made her feel so unsafe, at least when she was without a herd. The creatures that could attack at any moment, this whole thing scared the black mare. But she hoped that she would be lucky enough to find a home before dark but the odds were little, she had heard about equines that stayed for days. Right now she would just enjoy the last beams of the sun and worry about the other things later. The orange light from the sun made her black coat look a little brownish.

The mare came to a halt and looked around; soon she found a tree with a good shelter. It might not keep her safe from the dark but it would be a good place to sleep on if things would turn out to be that way. She watched the spot with her bright blue eyes before beginning to walk towards the tree. The grass she walked on felt good under her tiered hoofs. She had been traveling for a while to find a herd when she heard about this place. Éowyn just hoped she would be lucky enough to find a good home where she could enjoy herself.

The mare stood under the tree wondering if she should lie down but some equines might just pass by if they would think she was sleeping. Therefor she was going to stand on her strong feet until the sun would go down.

Tonka Posts: 87
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18 hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Sky
Tonka trotted around the lands where he had entered. He had promised his leader, Ignita that he would bring new members to the Assassins. He would not fail her. All of his trust and respect was with her, and he could not make her disappointed in him. He would find new members worthy enough to join. One that was willing to take risks and put all of their trust in Ignita, like him. They did not all have to be fighters, but eager for victory and they would have to have be ready for anything to happen.

The massive brute took in a breath of air. All that came to his nose were old scents of horses desperate for a home. He would have to help one of these desperate ones find a home today. He had to, for the good of the Assassins. Sniffing the air once more, he scented a unicorn mare. They were a new group, but their numbers were low. They needed more. Backing lifting his front legs up, his body rose and he let out a roaring whinny. His legs went back to the group with an earthshaking thud. He cantered off to find the mare.

His curved horn shinned like silver in the sun’s bright rays. The mare then came into his view. She was a dark figure with a white face and four white socks. Her eyes were blue, like his, but unlike his, her eyes were bright and from what he could see, had no specks of silver. Her horn was bright blue and straight. Slowing his canter to a walk then a halt when he was in front of her, he glared at her with his cold blue eyes. “I am Tonka. Now tell me, why are you here?” He grunted. He was not the best at welcoming others and often made them feel unwelcomed. But if she told him the information he wanted, and she wanted to join his group, he would eventually get used to her.

Descaro Posts: 77
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
imi

The shadows grew longer as the sun retreated and allowed the night it's temporary reign, casting hues of orange, red and yellows across the snowy landscape that soon turned to grassland as Descaro travelled to the Threshold. The well muscled Soldier was carrying the confidence of his last successful trip to the gateway into Helovia, but what could he say, he had a way with mares. Or so he rather arrogantly thought. Folds of thick, pitch coloured mane travelled down his toned neck and flickered often in the warm breeze. It seemed as Descaro travelled further south that the land became warmer, his coat maybe a little thicker than most who lived in a hotter climate but still rather thin in Tallsun's glare. Grassland turned to trees and once again the stud entered the Threshold on a recruitment mission.

For a short while it seemed the claiming area was completely barren of newcomers and with a exasperated sigh Descaro turned to return home, but not before catching the sight of a stallion. He watched curiously as the stud made his way through the forest and the Soldier decided to silently tag along, not having much else better to do and this stranger might be on to something. Trees passed and moments later the unknown unicorn, who bared striking resemblance to himself, came across an ebony mare who also bared the trademark horn of a unicorn. Her face as white as snow and the weapon that protruded grandly from her forehead was one of blue tones. Descaro waited and watched as the other stallion introduced himself as Tonka in a rather gruff, unfriendly way to the ears of the Soldier who scowled in disapproval and made his presence known by stepping out from his hiding place.

With genteel courtesy, Descaro proffered to both Tonka and the mare, welcoming his brethren as he should. "Such a harsh tone to a welcome visitor and fellow sister." His voice was friendly as he gently berated the younger stud on his tone. "You stand in the land known as Helovia and specifically in the Threshold where choices are made, beautiful princess. My name is Descaro and what may I call you?" With each word his eyes never left her, wondering silently what kind of mare she would be like. Even when dealing with his own kind, the Soldier couldn't be too welcoming in case he unintentionally allowed an enemy into their base. He wondered too where Tonka had come from, he smelt of Helovia and not from the outside world, yet he had no distinct scent of a herd land. An outcast? Interest spiked, Descaro awaited the two to play their own hand.

You won't get much closer
Until you sacrifice it all
You won't get to taste it
With your face against the wall

Avalon Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Night was on the verge of taking over once more. In search of new members for the Throat, Avalon's grey, hardened hooves had went from sand to the Threshold's forest floor. It was a change she was getting used to, for the mare was used to forest floor. But the change was most appreciated for sand was soft on her hooves and when she ran it gave her some relief from the impact.

As said above, Avalon had ventured to the Threshold to find more members for Dragon's Throat. The Throat was a strong herd located in beautiful rolling sands with a clear oasis. The oasis was surrounded by vegetation that was absolutely amazing. The cooling water from the oasis was always an amazing refresher. Not to mention, the Throat had tough defense and was strong. It could provide the herd with protection easily. The Throat looked after one another and was sure to care for its members.

All thoughts aside, Avalon listened for the slightest sound of another wandering being. Avalon was here just a few weeks ago seeking a herd, protection, and more. Avalon had certainly found it. They had given her so much in such a short amount of time, it was her turn to repay. But of course, only recruiting wouldn't be enough. Wouldn't be enough at all.

The air was quiet except for the forest creatures that were chattering. That was until they stopped the noise to indicate another existence. When the tweeting stopped filling her ears, chatter began to replace it. Chatter from others. Another recruitment going on, she presumed.

Two males and a female. Easily making her way towards the commotion, she broke the brush with her antlers and sheer muscle. It came from genetics, a large frame, and regular exercise.

Her silver irises scanned her new subjects with a curious eye. A warm aura seemed to radiate from the friendly looking giantess. She was taller than all she had met so far, being from large Percheron heritage and a mix of tall Quarter Horses. Mix a tall breed built for strength and a tall breed built for speed and endurance and you got Avalon.

"Hello, everyone. I hope I am not impeding on anything, but I couldn't hope but hear that someone was a visitor. That someone being a fellow sister." Her silver eyes warmly glanced at each of them with a warm smile on her face. She wanted peace, but she was also here to offer a sense that you could get what you want not through lies, but through being honest. If it was something to lie about, why be apart of it to gain members?

Unregistered

Éowyn

The black colored mare stood on her own for few minutes; it was actually quite nice to get a moment for herself, to think. However there was not much on the mares mind and not so long after a stallion joined the mare. It was a dark bay stallion and a little taller than the mare. The stallion walked over to her, his horn was not much like hers, it looked a bit longer and it was bent. A smile crossed the mare’s lips, since she was pleased to have some company. However the black mare was quiet surprised when the stallion started speaking. He introduced himself as Tonka and then asked her why she was here. “I …. I” she stuttered. Éowyn wasn’t expecting this and didn’t know how to answer the stallion.

The mare’s ears rotated towards the sound of another equine approaching. It was a unicorn like the other two, a quite handsome one in her opinion. Like Tonka he was a dark bay. This one had a white snip and what Éowyn found quite special was his crystal horn. His voice was a lot friendlier than the other stallion’s voice. The crystal horned stallion introduced himself as Desarco, he then asked for the mares name. A relaxed smile made an appearance on the mares pink lips. “My name is Éowyn” she then said to the two stallions. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed a dapple buckskin unicorn make her way towards the trio, the mare was taller than the rest of them.

The mare then speaks and Éowyn smiles to the mare, she was unsure what she was supposed to do here. Unsure if she was to ask any questions, however she could probably try to answer the question Tonka asked earlier. “I come here in hope to find place I can later call home” she directs her words towards Tonka. The dark colored mare looks at the three of them, feeling a bit shy, even though that was usually not something that happened to her.

Descaro Posts: 77
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
imi

[ooc; skipping Tonka in adherence to the 48 hour rule. I don't want Éowyn to be forever stuck in the Threshold <3]
--

At first Descaro only saw the antlers and wondered why on earth an elk or a deer was coming so close to a group of unknown horses. His momentary surprise was quickly replaced with a berating humour as it was a golden mare who carried such horns. Descaro often wondered how unicorns like that came about, did a horse lay with a deer at some point down the gene line or was it just spontaneous. He shrugged and dropped the subject from his mind, scolding himself for thinking such horrific thoughts. At least their group was not infested with wings and bare heads, the Soldier wouldn't have to fight with his prejudices through this introduction. She stood hands taller himself that made Descaro's macho feel uncomfortable, though her feather adorned hair crowned her quite the beauty to the eye. He smiled kindly to her warm voice and continued his charm offensive, extending a courteous bow to Avalon. "An honour to be in the presence of such beautiful company."

Slowly he turned his attention back to the task at hand, ears twitching to catch the sweet words of the new femme who named herself Éowyn. Descaro marvelled her bravery, taking in her new group of admirers with little hesitation. It gave him hope that she would thrive in a place like the Basin, protected by her kin and given the potential to grow and grow high in the ranks. In order for one to be accepted, however, one must see a council ranked member to be officially part of the herd. The Soldier knew his task well, he had brought home new recruits before and he waited silently for a few moments. Watching the dark stag who named himself Tonka before deeming it polite to speak before him, his suave voice attempting to capture the interest of Éowyn and tempt her to join the Basin.

"Many come here seeking a new home, I myself am a Soldier from the Aurora Basin. A land that is run completely by unicorns. We reside in the North under the lights of the aurora borealis and any of our kin is welcome amongst our ranks. There are of course other lands that I know little of, but you are welcome to be apart of our herd Éowyn." He said. Descaro spoke in warm, seducing tones that attempting to invite in those around him in a way that made them feel moderately safe in his presence. The stud said nothing more then, allowing the others to speak and Éowyn to make her decision.

You won't get much closer
Until you sacrifice it all
You won't get to taste it
With your face against the wall

Avalon Posts: N/A
Unregistered

[[OOC: It's been more than 48 Hours for Descaro's posting. Also going to skip Tonka. :)]]

The smiles on the mare's face was recognition of Avalon and she accepted it. Of course, her presence was also recognized by a bay stallion, handsome to add, and with a courteous compliment. Avalon's grin grew warmer and wider and she dipped her head at him with a compliment to return as it was in her best. "Likewise, kind sir."

Then her eyes drew back to Eowyn quickly and with her ever set warm and friendly expression. And, of course, it came down to her looking for a home. It hadn't been long ago at all since she had been here herself, looking for a home. And here she was to try and repeat the process. That's what they were all here to do, really. Recruit more members to their homes.

"Well if it is a home you seek, it is a home we all here offer. In other words, we're all here to offer you a home, where you can get a better description of your options or just run with it. Whatever suits your desires." Another quick nod and grin happened as she paused, but soon continued "I am from Dragon's Throat. It's a place where we welcome any and all of any race. Beautiful rolling sands and an oasis. We're a very strong hold, capable of defense and protection over one another."

That was, of course, just a small summary of what Dragon's Throat was. Dragon's Throat was a very strong herd and an even stronger family. They protected and defended one another. They were also some of the most loyal and friendly beings you could ever meet, so long as you weren't on their bad side.

"Of course, that's just from where I stand. Like this kind gentleman here said, I know not a lot of the other herds." A warm and welcoming grin appeared on her face again once she stopped talking. That grin was almost always there, save for the times she was angry, about to fight, or asleep. Angry and about to fight happened close to never, though. And that was once she was pushed to the limit, in which, the subject had a little while to walk on some occasions.

Unregistered
ooc// I am so sorry for how long it took to reply, I have been busy with school. I hope that you guys are still watching the tread [:

Éowyn

The ebony mare waited for the first stallion that had approached to talk, however the stallion remained silent which Éowyn found quite surprising. The silent however didn't stay for too long since Descaro started talking; he told the bald mare that he was a Soldier from Aurora Basin where only unicorns live. This sounded interesting to the mare, even though she was always pleased to meet equines not of the same race then she could well picture herself living there.

Soon the tall mare that had also joined them started talking, saying that they were all here to offer homes. A smile crosses her pink lips as she continues to listen to the mare. She said that she was from Dragon's Throat and then told that equines of any race were welcome there. This sounded interesting to the mare, living with only unicorns was wonderful but she was eager to meet equines of other races. She wasn’t quite sure how to end this conversation, she knew little about Dragon’s Throat or Aurora Basin but she knew she wouldn’t enjoy herself quite as much with only unicorns around.

Éowyn turns her head towards Descaro and smiles. “I am sure that living in Aurora Basin is wonderful” she says and pauses “But - I think I will have to join Avalon in Dragon’s Throat” she says. The mare hoped that she was making the right decision; it at least felt like the right decision so that was enough. She looks over at the buckskin mare, wondering what would be her next thing to do.