the Rift

the love of cold [earth/sun]

Snö Posts: 155
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

Snö
and when you see me, you will freeze

At long last, she decided it was best to get a move on. Her training was going well, and it was time for her to venture from the frozen waste that was her home, from the Frostbreath Steppes on the slow, winding journey to the south, to the narrow rock that jutted out over the roaring ocean, the sting of salt in her nostrils and the spray of water smashing against stone, relentless and hungry. Today it was stormy, a shadowed day, twentyday past her leaving what had become her reluctant homeland. She missed the Edge, preferred it, but unfortunately what will happen will happen- and at least in the North, few ventured through the cold lands.

It had been a long journey, but she had heard tell of some who came back after "quests", tiring journeys where one would complete an objective, in which the gods would grant them a wish. Who knows? Maybe she would be one of the lucky few. On the other hand, the whole of Helovia was bursting with rumors of desecrated shrines. As conceited and haughty as Snö may be, she knew that even she could not command the gods to view her if they had abandoned mortals altogether. Maybe they had.

At the bridge crossing the choppy gray waters of the clouded noon skies, Snö turned, commanding Tarak to stay. There was no need for her loyal machine to follow her across the treacherously slippery rock, and he would defend himself should someone try to run off with him. Click-click-whir, he went, and the golden wolf sat, waiting patiently for her to return. On the mare moved, breaking into a swift trot, hooves clopping quietly over the strangely muffled rumble of the sea, up and up.

And the rumors were true.

Slowly, Snö blinked, and sighed gently, moving forward. Her slave was long gone, otherwise she would've sent him ahead to try and call down the gods- he was expendable. One of the shrines was charcoal and ash; another sad-faced blossoms. Another was sooty; and the last was cracked midways, into two. "Oh gods," The often vain mare sighed, closing her crystal eyes. "What has happened here? May I just speak to you? I guess I want to ask a favor of you... which isn't right of me, I know. But please..."

[Using VotG pass for Snö. Seeking WaterxLight: The ability to transform air into ice weapons and use these weapons in battle.]

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

A sigh, like the sound of boulders crashing down from a mountain seemed to resonate from the very core of the veins. A fissure spread through the rock, pushing large chunks of the ground aside as the massive body of the God of the Earth emerged from his rocky chambers. His body loomed high over the young mare, his serene gaze falling upon her almost sadly. Casting his gaze around, he sighed once more. "What has happened here...was a necessity." He began, his fatherly voice like the hum of a thousand bees gently singing together. He would not expand on the reasoning for the destruction of the veins - the pain it had caused him do act so, still berated his breast with the memory of the event. "It is as you say...you should not ask, and yet you do." Even as he spoke, he was not angry with the mare, even for her insolent acknowledgement that she had no business asking the God's for anything.

Flicking his tail softly against his hocks, he nodded to her gently, his gaze wincing slightly as he probed her mind for the favor which drew her here. "You seek magic like that of your father...Tell me child, why would you wish to wield such a damaging magic?"

Snö Posts: 155
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

Snö
and when you see me, you will freeze

Crack. Snö jerked upward, ears pinning, dancing back a few steps. Her nostrils flared, inhaling the scent of dusty and earth, and her eyes were sharp with alarm as some huge... behemoth... form, cloaked in shifting dust, appeared. Then the stiffness faded from her body as the sifted dirt began to dissipate. A stallion. Absolutely huge; must be at least nineteen hands. Earth brown, mane and tail tipped in crimson red; and his feathers had been dipped in the ruby dye as well. His face was well-worn, with the slight forlorn-ness of a happy spirit that had spent many weeks thinking of sad things. His beard was long and thick, eyes bright and all-seeing.

To her surprise, she had been answered. Snö blinked, crystal eyes wide, looking at the massive draft who stood in front of her. A hybrid. Nobody had ever told her the gods were both winged and horned. Why was that? Did they not think unicorns were superior? It was... strange, how this stallion held more impact than her while he had wings knitted to his broad brown back. Very odd. Bizarre. Any of those and any others. Was that why Mauja had been torn from his throne? No! He was a devoted follower of the Goddess of the Moon, never had he disrespected her. As far as she knew. Then again, Snö didn't know much about her parents. As a matter of fact, she pretty much parented herself.

It was no surprise she grew up a little full of herself, or with little regard for adults.

How did one address a god? And he knew Mauja? What had Mauja thought of a winged god? Did all gods read thought? It seemed intrusive... then again, Snö would happily read someone's thoughts, if just to hang it over their heads. As for why she sought the magic... "Family, sir. To protect my herd and serve better. Horses without can fight those with magic- but no matter how good they may be, magic is a cheat and they will often lose because of it. It's not fair, but that's how it works when one is not given it."

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

The God of the Earth shook his bearded muzzle wearily as the young mare spoke of fairness and cheating. She did not strike him as one who would use her magic to protect anything other than herself. She appeared selfish and cruel, preferring to use her magic to inflict casualties upon those around her, rather than to safe guard those she loved. Did she even love? The God was unsure. However, he was a patient creature, preferring to see the good in those around him. Nodding slowly, he took a step towards the roan mare. As he did so, he opened one of his massive wings, revealing a small blue flower, 3 inches in diameter. It was the same sort of blossom that bloomed along the blackened shrines. Extending his wing, he placed the flower onto the lowest part of Sno's mane, where it met her wither. Tilting his great dark head, he adjusted the flower a few times until a few small vines appeared, and wove themselves around the tendrils of her mane.

Sure that it would now stay, the God took a step back, looking down upon Sno with kind eyes. "The magic you seek is not a cheat, child. It is a great power and burden. If you truly wish to protect your family, then first begin with this flower. You must spar three who have magic. At least one must have ice magic, and of the three, you must be victorious over one. All of this you must do so without letting any harm befall this flower. If you do this, return to me, and I shall grant you the magic you seek."