the Rift

We steal, then we ride. [Faelene & Open]

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
[Image: 4hz8ty.jpg]
Credits; Carnival-ride-Stock.deviantart.com SweetDreams-Stock.deviantart.com Photomanipulator; AlexLibby.deviantart.com

Arah

The strange mare still remembered that flash of magic, with an imagination to match it from her grandmother. It rendered her different, her horn changed to antlers and her eyes became their golden colour over the old light clear blue. Arah had been saved through being made different.
So she would do her best to catch it, it being her old self. The one who she missed most. She missed just being able to to fit it, it's classic for one to feel this, but it will not be contained. No one was ever able to fight these feelings at the best of times. No, it took another to accept them before they truly felt like they fitted in. The desire to have the same magic as her grandmother...well the thought pumped through her brain, through her name, nothing will change until she understood what it felt like to have such abilities.

But enough of the games, her shadow is a tidal wave, always following her around with her dark past. The family incident which resulted in her residing in the basin. However she was making sure to rewrite the odds, after all, it's not the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog. Arah, she had a lot of fight in her. She wouldn't, couldn't give into her family. This is what made her feel like she was winning her own personal fight. This is blood, sweat & tears, her being here ready to fight for her new herd. Flesh & bone a better way, a family of hope, knocking on fate's gate.

Her feet left imprints in the snow as she made her way back to her den. She was freezing and wanted to get some rest. Only she had a feeling that he rest would be interrupted before it even got the chance to happen. She sighed at the feeling and just kept moving. Eyes slid over the landscape, her new home was beautiful and she hadn't really had the chance to appreciate it yet. So now she paused in her journey, eyes stuck to the area and mane and tail melting into the snow. She really was starting to love it here.

Haunted by my eyes, the way they hold your attention even in the loudest silences.
Notes; Yay, finally got it up. The fist two paragraphs are just so you could see how Arah thinks.
Words; 367
Tag; Faelene & Open

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

F a e l e n e
time is always running out

ooc:sorry this took me so long, got sick.

The Basin was usually warm, what Faelene would describe as perfect. Never getting too cold or hot. In this time of season it was considerably nice, especially when compared to the white world that helped protect their valley. Today there was a light dust of snow among the mountains that made a chill hang at the nape of her neck. The red maned usually wouldn't mind it, but with her tightening rib cage, the swell of her stomach she did not want it to get colder. Nature had a way for preparing the unborn, but Faelene already knew the strange circumstances surrounding her first child were enough.

Silver eyes tracing along the peaks, the air was definitely cooler, breaking across her nose as she stole another breath. The mare walked in quick strides, thinking of wandering deeper into the trees. The day was starting to dwindle, but she only felt tired by the new weight she carried. A shake of her head, she sighed wondering how much bigger she would get, and when the questions would begin. Suddenly something caught her eye, a frosty silhouette that could only belong to one. Arah. The Phantom who must be eager to get started. Faelene only meeting her once was eager to talk her when there were no other eyes. Would she be different only in Faelene's presence? Or the same? The red maned didn't feel she knew her, though she was starting to a get a hold of little things.

A raise of her nose, the lady softly nickered to the young mare while lifting her legs higher to try to catch up. Such a gait was different, but it wasn't difficult, and Faelene managed to cut some distance between them. By the time she reached where the antlered stood, looking upon their home, she was panting. Quickly the dark cloaked mare twisted her tail behind her, and sucked in a greater amount of air. The raising speed of her heart was welcomed, though she waited a minute to speak. "Feeling more like home?" She asked, brandishing a short smile while her eyes met the golden pair of Arah's. She wasn't great at small talk, but the question was sincere.

[Image: faeleneicon.png]

Credits; Carnival-ride-Stock.deviantart.com SweetDreams-Stock.deviantart.com Photomanipulator; AlexLibby.deviantart.com

Arah

Arah slowed down ever so slightly and waited for the black mare to catch up. The mare poised Arah a question and she smiled and gave a single nod. "Yes, it's cold, but it's beautiful." She smiled and looked around. "I love it here though. I feel really attached to it." She grinned and then smiled at the soon to be mother. Arah knew that they where only making small talk but it was nice, just to chat before getting down to business. "Congratulations are in order I see." She smiled at The Thief's swollen belly. "I heard motherhood is wonderful." She smiled and then turned her eyes back to the horizon. Arah couldn't explain why, but she felt jealous of Faelene. Maybe it was the glow of the soon to be mother, the job she held, or just the fact that Arah couldn't help but respect her like the rest of the Basin or maybe even Faelene's friendship with the Dark empress. Either way, Arah still felt that Faelene, deserved the respect.

As he eyes looked over the basin she wondered what surprises Faelene may have in store for her. "I was rather shocked to hear about The Grey, taking over the Foothills." She said to Faelene, such a threat was right on their doorstep. "I guess their large group did need a home." She paused thinking about the Basin. "I'm just glad we weren't attacked to be honest, then of course there is Tio's threat." She sighed and wondered when someone was going to be stupid enough to attack the basin. Arah knew they were a big herd, larger than the others, but that didn't mean others wouldn't try. "But of course, Tio isn't much of a threat while he is The greys prisoner." She chuckled thinking about the stupid stallion who had blabbed this information too her. Oh her wicked way did come in use every now and then. He pace was slow, and steady. She had no where to be, she was actually quite happy just chatting away.

Haunted by my eyes, the way they hold your attention even in the loudest silences.
Notes;Bleh, this sucked. I figured that Faelene would still be pregnant.
Words; 342
Tag; Faelene & Open

Hidden Account
Sica

F a e l e n e

The pale mare's ears worked, and Faelene was grateful she paused for her. She had conflicting wants to meet her child, and to keep him/her in the womb, but to have her body work accordingly would be a pleasant welcome. Nothing felt more strange than a swelled stomach rocking side to side she had decided. "Ah, the cold..." The mare bobbed her head, agreeing it was, but she added, "Something that your body will adjust to, then you'll curse the heat in the rest of the lands." She had a faint smile to her dark muzzle, and did a good job keeping it there as the Phantom congratulated her. Arah might be the only one to do so, and Faelene wanted her to know she appreciated the thought. "Thank you, I'm hoping the time comes soon...we shall see." The red maned had nothing more to say, but found herself taking in the land beneath, breathing in the cool air that invigorated her.

The silence that fell briefly did not bother her she had a feeling Arah had her own words to say. Faelene let her silver eyes slip to her golden pair while she spoke, but she preferred to stare at the trees that sheltered her resting grounds. She was not really surprised the Grey had the Foothills. It was better that place than here, and really the Foothills had been pretty sad as of late it seemed better the group was in control of it now. Faelene did worry what that would mean for future events, but she did not think about it now. The Thief listened to the mare's voice thoughtfully."I'm glad they made their choice for else where," she commented, but went quiet. Tio seemed a bunch of hot air, someone she wanted to meet. Until she could do so in different conditions she was happy to know he was a prisoner. Maybe, that would knock him down a couple pegs or would the Grey give him to the Throat for their help? Arah seemed amused, but Faelene merely smirked. "I guess we can wait to see if his visit enlightens him any," she commented with a playful tone, continuing to walk beside the white mare. She supposed it was time to get to business. "So Arah, do you have more knowledge to spare or you ready to go on a mission for more?"

Arah

The black mare was mostly silent through Arah's monologue. She spat the information out, hoping to impress just a little. The Thief listened to the mare's voice thoughtfully. "I'm glad they made their choice for else where," Faelene commented. Arah only nodded her head in agreement. Yes, she was also. "I guess we can wait to see if his visit enlightens him any," she commented with a playful tone, Arah gave a slight chuckle. "So Arah, do you have more knowledge to spare or you ready to go on a mission for more?" Arah let the words sink into her as a slight silence fell around the two mares. Only their footsteps could be herd by the white mare, whose hearing had never been practically sensitive compared to others. A smirk filled the face of Arah, enjoyment at the idea of having a mission, something to do! Her eyes where still flickering from the land to Faelene, so this time she let them settle for a moment on the pregnant mare with a grin. "I do not have any more knowledge, mam." Arah responded quietly, finally filling the silence. She smiled at Faelene, "and I would be lying if I said I wasn't...haven't been ready for a mission for a while now."

Excitement cursed through the white mare, she wanted so desperately to prove herself. To show that she wasn't just a simple white mare who was always happy and charming. No Arah wanted to prove that she could be wicked with the tongue, brutal even when it came to others she did not like. She had a particular dislike for those who where plain...ordinary. Those bareheaded ones...wingless ones. Equines. She hoped her face didn't portray her emotions, hatred was seen as weakness by some, the last thing she wanted was for others to think her as weaker. She already wasn't thought much off, being so small and kind to those she met. They all took her as an idiot, chasing her own tail at the best of times. Always wanting to help others, she was quite often taken advantage of. They took her kindness in their stride and played with her, asking her to do things, which she would, because she struggled to say 'no' to them. This mission was different however, she wanted to do this.

Brining her thoughts back to the present, she wondered what her mission would be. Would she be made to steal some soul who wasn't expecting, such a sweet and pretty mare to become a predator instead of their prey? Or maybe they needed informations from afar. "What have you got in store for me?" She asked the black mare.

Notes; Sorry about the delayed reply. Been so busy and sick lately.
Words; 409 [not including other character speech]
Tag; Faelene

Hidden Account
Sica
Frostie I am so sorry D: I hope it's okay to "end" it here? Then Arah can get back to her whenever.

F a e l e n e

The Thief was pleased Arah was doing her job, staying on top of things, it proved she was in the right place. With Crowley becoming their Weaver they had needed another. So far she liked the white cloaked maiden, something that could be said to be rare. Usually she found little to like from those of the same sex, they came off either to cheery or just flat annoying. Catering her head, she tipped her bangs from her eyes. There was still something that bothered her about the Grey. They had attempted to take Mauja, and she did not understand why. She had thought it might have been they were gunning for the Basin, now she wasn't sure. There was no tell signs on her face, as the question seemed strange to voice because was it a concern any more? She decided not, and let her eyes rest on the pale form of the Phantom. There was a twitch of her ear at the mention of mam, Faelene did not waste the moment to ask her to call her by name. Instead she nodded, "I thought so," she quietly murmured, feeling almost like Arah was a younger sister. Perhaps she was, they were of the Basin, of Unicorn blood.

Faelene had been thinking for awhile of a test, one that could likely be passed, but something that was not too hard. Arah did not seem very deceptive, but that could be part of the facade, with her angelic appearance. "Find someone who thinks ill of you, or of the Basin and see if you can change their mind. No time limit, just let me know about your efforts."

[fade to black]

No problem. I'll start a new thread when it's needed and PM you :)