[hector|midas]her killer instinct tells her to beware of evil men

Vesta Posts: 15
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 5 years Buff: NOVICE
Time

V E S T A

If the real thing don't do the trick
You better make up something quick

I flew hard, my wings beating even though a continuous throb of pain surged through my muscles with every stroke. It had been only days since I had joined the Dragon's Throat as a soldier, and only hours since Kri had called upon us all to help with the invasion of our herd's allies. I did not know much about Kri, but my heart told me to trust her, and I did. She had called me sister before she even knew my name, and something spoke within me and reassured me that the chocolate mare actually meant it. The destruction of my family had left me reeling, and Kri welcoming me into the herd with open wings fit the pieces together to start the mending of my heart. Upon her decision of calling us into battle, I decided to stay back. I knew that my muscles, stamina, and wings were not fit for a fight just yet. I was still healing from the unicorn attack, and for me to run headlong into a new battle, no matter how much I wanted to, was not wise. I needed time to rest, to heal, to relax.

Instead, I explored.

The sun was setting, the sky vibrating in brilliantly painted, warm hues. My seafoam eyes could not soak up the beauty fast enough to me to be satisfied, and so I flew directly towards the horizon. I had to keep my eyes narrowed, for even the sunset in the desert was glaringly bright. Sweat pooled at my joints and crevices, but the temperature was dropping with each inch the sun receded. I flew as vigorously as I could, but my body soon screamed with exhaustion, and I tucked my chin to search for a perfect spot to land. Tipping my right wing down, I made large, swinging circles until finally I slowed enough to land at a trot on the red earth. Slowing my gait to a walk, I stretched and shook out my wings before gently folding them against my sides. I could not imagine a life without flight, for it was my driving force. Everything about me was summed up in the fact that I was, perfectly, a pegasus.

Walking towards the ocean, I remembered the eyes of my caretaker. She was a brilliant, old pegaus, but could strike down even the strongest of foe when they threatened her family. Ain, with a body the color of rust and eyes the color of the sea after a storm. Everything she was I wanted to be, and my heart was destroyed as her life was ripped from her chest. She had fought valiantly against the unicorns, but her age had caught up with her. She died by my side--and that was when I fled. Ain was the last of our band to die, and I was the only survivor. My thoughts consumed me, and before I realized it I was chest deep in the ocean, the water a bloody red underneath me as the sun set in the distance. In this moment, I found comfort only in the waves as they crashed against my form, wetting my hair and feathers.

Image Credit

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream

No time for lies and empty fights

Boldly, the former Prince danced to the edge of the dry looking precipice with a gaze that pierced across the lands of the throat. Adorned in masses of grown out fiery mane and a long, lithe leonine tail that too spouted orange coloured hair in thick strands. The wind liked to play with it as his body was made to look even more vibrant in the setting sun, the land this Soldier guarded was peaceful as always. Violent wars hadn't touched the territory in a long time and in the lull of peace it's name had grown mightier for the horses who inhabited it. Hector was proud to be apart of this land, and proud to serve as one of it's protectors. His young mind once so infested with the past had now managed to forgive the wrongs inflicted upon him so he could clear himself a path for the future. Those emotional bonds made to once close friends had now been severed, it was time to make new bonds of friendship.

Someone flew against the horizon, their figure just an outline to the eyes of Hector who squinted in attempt to identify the soul whose course seemed set for the sea. The hulking, young man soon left his vantage point in search of this stranger. Curiosity sparked as legs fired into action, preparing for flight. "Veci, come!" He said in gentle command. Feeling the presence of his boggart friend drifting alongside him as the tribrid took flight into the sky, large wings propelling him forwards into the pleasant warm air.

Hector followed the line of the horizon all the way to the coastline with his tail swishing happily from side to side. Soon he landed upon the crimson sand to watch the grey form of Vesta wading into the ocean. Looking a little worse for wear. Hector didn't get chance to ask the fellow her name during the warriors meeting, he remembered it was this mare who had volunteered alongside himself to stay and protect the Throat whilst the bulk of their force went to war. Though he knew very little of the grey Soldier, Hector was sure she could fight just as well as the rest of them and so the youth ventured into the ocean's shallows, eyes wide and welcoming. "I hope the water is soothing for you, sister. If you don't mind me saying, you look somewhat haggard."

He could feel Veci floating around the side of his head then, watching their comrade with just a hint of mischief, which earned him a stern stare from Hector. Slowly, the orange warrior dipped his leonine tail into the vibrant blue water and flicked it onto his back with a sigh of content.

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
It had been a long day of training with earth, sparing with greenhorns and physical athletics to keep this body in tip top shape. No wonder I was tired. My wings pushed air and kept this body adrift without bothering on speed; I flew lazily. My intent in this moment wasn’t for battle training, but comfort. Even the sternest warriors had to rest eventually, though I often had doubts when watching Gaucho test his strength. That boy seemed to never find room for relaxation, but even he partook in flying without thought of enemy’s or care for worry every so often.

Company flew beside me tonight. Her colors put heaven at odds; indeed, I thought the lass was very lovely. My bonded child was nearly two seasons old, all of her primary feathers were starting to come in. Smallish baby plume was losing its gentle luster and turning fiercer with each new day. Fina wouldn’t know how proud I was of her; despite her rude, brash way of handling life. She could be very caring and loving when it came to me or Cera, and over the past month guarding the little colt had done something for her. It taught discipline and compassion, a lesson best learned firsthand by the innocent. Even with all her previous grumblings, Fina had come to enjoy taking care of him.

She was his ever watchful Angel.

The sea approached, its salty air tickled my nose and soothed soul. This place no longer haunted me with memories of Norse. Instead, it felt nourishing, a place that I could find solitude and heal body for the next day. Others it would seem, shared these feelings. A crimson lad and a little grey female took to the water below. Both were recognized as soldiers, one I knew by name. Hector. We had competed against each other in the grand race a few seasons back. It was right after the race that magic began to grow within me, sand magic.

Still soaring I hesitate, wondering if they would rather be left alone. Adding myself into the mix might create a third wheel. However, I wasn't the type to pass up an opportunity to visit with my brothers and sisters, I decide to make an appearance; however brief it might be. If they wanted me to leave then I would do so. Face widens into a bright and welcoming beam as I come near and move to land. Sand scatters in my wake, flying up with each hoof fall and sinking my steps to buffer impact. After a moment, my sun tipped wings shut and without rush I close the distance between us, “Good evening friends.”
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Vesta Posts: 15
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 5 years Buff: NOVICE
Time

V E S T A

If the real thing don't do the trick
You better make up something quick

I waded so far into the ocean that the water crawled over my back and swallowed up my wings, leaving only my neck and head exposed. I tried to push my strong legs down, to hold onto the earth beneath the water, but the waves moved my body with force. I found, within minutes, that resistance was futile; I needed to surrender to the power of the ocean, just as I had to Ain. Sighing, I unfurled my soaked wings to keep myself upright and balanced before succumbing to the ocean's might. Closing my eyes, I filled my lungs with the deep, salty air.

Voices, however, broke my concentration and I flailed some. Turning my body, albeit gracelessly, she placed her eyes first on the orange brute. He spoke gently, but I still watched him skeptically. He had both wings and horns--he was an odd sight, truly. Using my wings and my legs together I moved closer to him, to shallower water, and gained my balance fully on my strong legs. "Long travels," I half-lied, just as a painted stallion dropped in. He was around the same size as I, and I took a strange comfort in that. Shifting my weight some, I finally graced them with my name. "I am Vesta, soldier."

The title slipped from my tongue, but I decided it sounded fine. I had never had a title before, the mares I had grown up with shared all duties. Though, we were not the size of the Throat, or what I predicted the size to be. We were a small, tight-knit unit. We ate together, fought together...and died together. I felt guilty. I was a coward to leave, I deserved to be slain alongside my sisters. As I looked between the stallions with waves of past feelings shadowing my heart, I left my face mostly stone-like, stern. I did not want to show emotion.

I did not deserve emotion.

Image Credit

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream

No time for lies and empty fights

He watched her curiously, head tilting to one side in an almost boyish manner as she observed him. Often he wondered how others perceived his appearance and how much that influenced their judgment of him. The hefty stallion was mostly the opposite of his build in personality, his words kind and polite if a little aloof at times, the horns and the wings that had grown in tandem painfully put him at odds with most during his foal days. This place, however, seemed a little different. He was still met with the same note of surprise or even intimidation, yet not one of them had come towards him with hostility. It was a nice feeling to know that he now had some friends, it made him feel... Stronger inside. Like an invisible arm around his shoulders. Forever would he cherish them. Ears tweaked to catch the words of the steel coloured mare and he smiled in understanding, but couldn't say much more in reply as another had arrived.

Turning his head, the young Soldier noticed the familiar monochrome of Midas, his General to whom Hector now brought himself to attention and smiled briefly at the painted stud who had beaten him fairly in a mighty race. "General!" He bellowed in a way of greeting, noting his colourful companion with a note of awe. Veci had noticed the Zephyr too and seemed to be almost sitting on Hector, bubbling up with excitement whilst his bonded had a pretty good idea what was getting his boggart all excited. It was rare for them to come across another who shared the same tender mental strings as they did, he remembered the antlered one from the meeting had found a friend in a snake. Even then, Veci had been excited to see another who knew the depths and intricacies of a bonded pair. Hector resisted the urge to chuckle and turned his attention back to the tired looking femme who announced herself as a warrior by the name of Vesta.

Long, leonine tail swung to curl a little around his right back leg as he dipped his head to Vesta. It was good to finally put a name to a face, a pretty face it would have been too if she didn't look so sternly at them. It was an expression Hector knew from himself, though whether he mentally recognized it or not who would know, he was often too preoccupied with other matters to bring himself to concentrate fully on something. Though the sternness he could not quite pull off and he strangely admired the little tom boy looking warrior for that reason, his boy like features didn't allow for such cold expressions. Instead he often switched between a brooding teenager whose eyes glinted like fire under darker lids and a happy man who had a feel for life.

"I am Hector, a Solder also." He introduced himself to the mare before stepping back a little to include Midas. It had often come to his attention that he knew very little of his superior, the only bits he did know were that he was a fine warrior and a fine flyer. He always seemed attentive to Kri at meetings and offered his services whenever he could. From a distance, Hector admired the flesh and blood of the warrior he saw. Yet, what lay beneath was a complete mystery, though it wouldn't surprise him if Midas was just as honourable and kind in the very vaults of his heart. "I confess I have not spoken to my fellow warriors in some time. My ways have been bent towards recruitment. It is nice to settle in the company of like minded fellows." He said kindly to both of them, if a little shy.

He was never a great conversation starter.

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Water trailed my hocks, covering gold in cool blue. Its temperature wasn’t unpleasant but I didn’t harbor the desire on getting my wings sopping wet, so I remained at least halfway planted upon the beach. Hector turns to me, drawing tall and greeting me by title. My eyes soften, and a simple nod is given to the loyal desert son. Though I didn’t favor being called by a flaunting name, I sealed lips upon reprimanding. Considering I still often called Kri, ‘Sultana’, I had little room to complaint. A shapeless flickering rested near his reddish body; it’s movement catching my attention only because the backdrop was simple from behind it. For the moment I take it as a trick of light. Talons dig into my shoulder, Fina’s body twisted at an angle to peer at the pair safely with a facade of disinterest. One eye closed, but through our bond I could feel her very much awake.

“I confess I have not spoken to my fellow warriors in some time. My ways have been bent towards recruitment. It is nice to settle in the company of like minded fellows.”

They both sorted through introductions, I smiled at the hardened mare, “I’ve seen you at a distance lady Vesta, it shames me that I haven’t had the chance to properly meet you. I’m Midas.” To Hector I add, “It’s good to have loyal warriors that bring in new blood to be molded into fine Throat citizens, have you been faring well in your ventures?” The outlying lands were a dangerous place to travel, not that I didn’t think my dear friends couldn’t handle every bit of what happened to be thrown at them.

OOC: Short and crappy I'm sorry ;_;. Also imi, I wasn't sure if Midas and Fina could see the boggart, if they can I will gladly change it.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]