[hector|midas]her killer instinct tells her to beware of evil men

Vesta Posts: 15
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 5 years Buff: NOVICE
Time

V E S T A

If the real thing don't do the trick
You better make up something quick

I waded so far into the ocean that the water crawled over my back and swallowed up my wings, leaving only my neck and head exposed. I tried to push my strong legs down, to hold onto the earth beneath the water, but the waves moved my body with force. I found, within minutes, that resistance was futile; I needed to surrender to the power of the ocean, just as I had to Ain. Sighing, I unfurled my soaked wings to keep myself upright and balanced before succumbing to the ocean's might. Closing my eyes, I filled my lungs with the deep, salty air.

Voices, however, broke my concentration and I flailed some. Turning my body, albeit gracelessly, she placed her eyes first on the orange brute. He spoke gently, but I still watched him skeptically. He had both wings and horns--he was an odd sight, truly. Using my wings and my legs together I moved closer to him, to shallower water, and gained my balance fully on my strong legs. "Long travels," I half-lied, just as a painted stallion dropped in. He was around the same size as I, and I took a strange comfort in that. Shifting my weight some, I finally graced them with my name. "I am Vesta, soldier."

The title slipped from my tongue, but I decided it sounded fine. I had never had a title before, the mares I had grown up with shared all duties. Though, we were not the size of the Throat, or what I predicted the size to be. We were a small, tight-knit unit. We ate together, fought together...and died together. I felt guilty. I was a coward to leave, I deserved to be slain alongside my sisters. As I looked between the stallions with waves of past feelings shadowing my heart, I left my face mostly stone-like, stern. I did not want to show emotion.

I did not deserve emotion.

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
RE: [hector|midas]her killer instinct tells her to beware of evil men - by Vesta - 04-06-2013, 06:15 PM