the Rift

Time For A Chat [Mirage, open]

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

Anger still boiling in his veins, the young knight fled from the sight of the Foothills. It may of been a hopeless fight, but it was a fight he wished he could of helped in. It was not the herd's fault that they were plagued with lack luster leaders. There had been talk among the herd of someone stepping up and challenging the King of Thieves. Well who was he kidding he had planned on doing it himself.... Then the Grey moved upon the hills he called home. The once safe haven for those fleeing the death and destruction of Isilme was no longer theirs.

At his side scampered the young ivory and garnet hellhound pup. Alanna looked worriedly at her bonded, feeling the conflicting emotions in his mind. It was all she could do at times to keep up with him. At least she knew where he was heading... Their new home, World's Edge. They had been there already to visit his mother so he could show her he had finally been bonded to a companion, and found out his mother was expecting again. Her bonded had been happy as his mother seemed to be happy this time around. Icy blue eyes looked worriedly up as they drew to a halt. Aaron was breathing heavy, and trembling. Clearing the run to the Edge had spent off some of his anger... Or so Alanna could hope.

Suddenly the painted knight looked to the skies and spoke "Mirage, Akaith.... We need to talk..." His voice was slightly demanding, but there was a tone of defeat and sadness to it that caused Alanna to add her own sad howl to the call. The boy was growing up, and needed advice to the one he looked up to a respected most above all.

(Open to any former Foothills and Current Edge Member after Mirage posts)
"something to say"

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

The dragon-mare had taken to the skies since her initial viewing of the battle that was being fought, using her aerial perspective to roam the lands as swiftly as her wings were able to propel her through the air currents, flying so high that if it weren't for the fire in her belly, she would have frozen in the icy air. Akaith stayed a bit lower, and did not fly as far as her bonded, relying upon their mental link to keep them close rather than a physical nearness. It was a few hours flight to reach the borders of the Throat, where she did not land, but merely hovered over there, checking upon the state of the lands, determining that there was little besides the normal border activity going on - it was something of a small relief. She knew all too well of the many threats upon her own homeland, as well as that of her allies in the south, she was on edge, bordering on paranoid, and could not help but sate this urge to ensure the safety of her own and her kin's homes by checking their borders herself. It was on her return journey that Akaith alerted her to their former Protector's presence.

"The last time you said those words, it was so that you could gain my blessing to leave these lands." Accented tones murmured after she landed, scales ruffling similarly to how a bird would settle their feathers down after a rough flight. The dragon-mare held onto her dragon form for now, she was still too worked up to shift now, too concerned about the safety of her borders, her kin, too revved up to sit still. Her tail swished from side to side, her claws dug into the ground. Akaith chirruped her greeting to Aaron, before landing deftly upon her token neck spike of Mirage's. The WeyrLeader had noticed before that the boy had gained himself a companion, but now she took the time to truly assess his hellion companion, golden eyes roaming over the crimson dashed beast, slitted nostrils flaring as she drank the scent of the canine curiously. Turning her vacant, yet sharp, glare back to Aaron, she spoke rather matter-of-factly to him.

"You have grown since then, Aaron."

larfsalot.deviantart.com

It did not take long for the golden queens to arrive. Indeed in her dragon form Mirage too could be considered one of the royal dragons just like her bonded Akaith. Chocolate eyes watched as the pair landed, first Mirage and then Akaith on her back. Her words cut him slightly, but none more than he had deserved. He had left his post here, to train under her brothers... A training that had never gotten to continue as the Grey had begun to steal the Foothills members away. Aaron sighed unable to speak at first, and was caught off guard by her next words. He had grown since then? In what sense? He did not seem any taller.... Sure he had gained Alanna but surely.... "I have?" He could not hide his curiosity at the fact she felt he had grown.

Curiously Alanna to shifted to move forward, wanting to know more about these two that her bonded seemed to respect so very much. She took small steps forward, hesitant to leave her bonded's side for to long, as he was very protective of her because she was still so small. Inch by inch she moved closer sniffing curiously.

Meanwhile Aaron had once again found his voice. "As much as I am conflicted in the current invasion, I understand now why you had us stay out... Even if I wish to help the herd I left here for." He paused only for a moment before going on. "It is needless to say that I am coming home should you allow it... But to a different path than I left here on.. While in the Foothills, I became their Mason.. I never got to really do anything to help the Foothills with the Earth God granted magic I held, but it was nice to think of the defense instead of the fighting... If you would allow my to come home, I wish to become a Craftsman instead to better the place the Qian calls home." He allowed his gaze to meet Mirage's own to wait and see what she would say to such a request. He would have much to prove as a craftsman, but it was something he felt right in.

(Open to any former Foothills and Current Edge Member if they want to join)
"something to say"

Et Spiritus Sancti

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

A sigh escaped her dark lips.

This was her home now… The World’s Edge. In its own way, it was beautiful, as every herdland was. The thick mists of early morning would give way to the thick collection of trees, and the smell of the ocean was often wafting through the air. The most beautiful, however, was the sunsets; standing at the Cliffside, never to get too close of course, gave the best views of the radiant sunsets that the Edge had to offer. With the reflections of the light-show from the murky depths of the water, well… It was breathtaking.

Despite the new beauty of the Edge and the warm welcome she had received, Romani’s warrior heart still yearned for the roving plains offered by the Foothills. The memory was bitter and wouldn’t leave her mind, and more often than not, the Haflinger’s thoughts would turn towards her old herdmates, and where they were now. Were they safe? Would the Grey leave them alone, should they turn out victorious? There were so many questions, and unfortunately for Romani, she had no answers.

But, life here wasn’t all bad.

The Gods had blessed Xanthos and herself with Jasiri, their beautiful, hybrid daughter. Jasiri had the most uncanny ability to make her laugh, and every day their foal grew more and more beautiful. When she was older, Romani could simply imagine Xanthos chasing away potential suitors. The thought made her chuckle. Not only had she gained a family, however, but she had a new title; Protector of the Edge. Like a warrior in the Foothills, Romani now fought for her new home, to protect those that lived there. With Xanthos in her life and a duty to perform, the mare was finding this new transition easier and easier to cope with.

Pausing suddenly in her steps, a scent crossed her nostrils, the muscles flaring as recognition filtered into her mind. The smell of the Foothills passed along the breeze, and immediately worry and excitement blossomed in her breast. Was it someone looking for a safe haven? Picking up her pace into a trot, idly glad she could move so freely without the worry of pregnancy, Romani’s azure eyes kept an eye out for any she might recognize. It was moments later that she spotted two familiar shapes; Mirage in all of the glory that was her dragon form, and… Aaron?

Oh, it was him!

“Aaron!” The Haflinger called out, relieved to see the draft stallion. “Aaron! Oh, thank the Gods you’re alright…” She had seen little of her herd since being stolen by the Grey. When she was released, after all, Xanthos had taken her straight to the Edge, as per his agreement with Ophelia. Coming to a stop a few paces away, the mare turned a sheepish head towards Mirage and gave her a respectful nod. Mirage had done a lot for Xanthos and herself… Romani was in debt to the Weyrleader, a debt she hoped to work off by protecting the Edge with her very life.

"Mirage, my Lady... I'm glad to see you're well."

[ooc: Hope no one minds Romani coming in to the chat? :3]

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

Quiet amusement welled in the dragon-mare at the reaction of the stallion, as Aaron questioned her judgement, her assessment of how he had grown. She did not elaborate, refused to elaborate in fact, instead she found it a mild enjoyment in watching him squirm beneath her scrutiny. The expression upon her visage did not change, even after he asked his question, her gaze merely drifting down to his hellhound pup as the canine femme dared to step closer to her. Aaron it seemed, discovered that he was not a mute then, his deep voice finally expanding on his reasons for returning here. It was of great interest to her that he would ask to change his rank, unexpected, for she had always thought of him as a dedicated Protector, even leaving the herd to study under the sometimes hazardous guidance of her brothers. She wondered idly if he had ever wanted to change rank before this, but perhaps it took the shift of scenery for him to realise his true calling.

All in all, did it truly matter? He was asking to return here, to come back and be a part of the Qian's home, just not a faraway member of her extended family. The dragon-mare would be lying if she said his words did not bring her joy - they pleased her immensely, her slitted eyes glowed with the happiness, her scaled lips seemed to soften with the precursor of a smile curving them deviously. Romani arrived before she had opportunity to respond to his words, but she presented Aaron with a devious glint before allowing her attention to flick towards Romani and her curious tiger cub. So many of those she shared her home with were bonded, and Mirage took that as a good omen, for she believed that one's companion was a representation of one themselves - Akaith did chortle amusedly at her for the thought, however, purring affectionately from her perch atop her bonded's spikey nape. The dragon dipped her reptilian crown to the halfinger, rumbling a low, draconic greeting as she did so.

"The Edge would be glad to have ones of the Qian's longest standing members reside within its borders once more." Her voice was smooth, warm, as she looked back towards the painted draft steed. "I appreciate that you stayed true to your word, Aaron, and came back to me, to us." Her motioned to the forest that was her home, hoping the small inflection of emotion she allowed to leak into her tone was enough to convey the true happiness and satisfaction she felt at his return. Lace had gone quiet of late, hidden away in his tree hollow workshop, lost amongst himself. The fight with Deimos had damaged him, Mirage thought, more than he cared to admit. It was all Mirage could do to leave him be, let him find himself, cure himself of his demons again. It would be good to have another one working on fortifying the borders, another one with a military mind, one who did not go seeking war but who would rather work on preventing it from affecting their borders. Yes, Mirage was happy with these turn of events.

"More from the Foothills will be arriving." The WeyrLeader addressed both of the beings before her now, her tone more serious again, the happiness lost amongst the harsh lines of her façade again. "Be prepared for what may come. It will not be pleasant, but we will do what we can."

larfsalot.deviantart.com

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu
I arrive some time behind Mirage. I had not been beside her as she approached, but I am so very nosy and once I heard her voice from afar I slunk in closer to investigate. I had found that with Mirage often came something of importance that I needed to know about; I would rather save her the breath of telling me and just witness it all for myself.

They say she is of the shadows. I guess shadows can have shadows then, as I drift to her side like the embodiment of one, standing funnily enough, in what darkness her body casts.

I only hear the ending half of her words, though I had heard some murmurs from Aaron and the new mare I do not know on my way over - something about Aaron being a crafter now. That's good, as I never completed my request with Lace, though I have gathered the resources he requested. Perhaps Aaron could finish the job for me?

I must say I am surprised though. I was surprised when he had left, although truthfully I do not know him, I only know about him, as I do the majority of our members. I cannot properly gain knowledge on those beyond our borders if I cannot even claim those to know within. Although some would say, myself included on the right day, too often do my eyes look within our lands and not further.

I am surprised too that Aaron did not stay in the Foothills to fight. Perhaps I don't understand warfare very well, but all the warriors I've ever known have basically frothed at the mouth at the mention of battle.
Perhaps this is why Aaron returns as a crafter and not the knight gilded in blood as so many others are.

It does make me wonder at his loyalty to the herd, I admit, but I am hardly one to be casting stones in that regard. I've done no wrong to the Edge yet, but I can truthfully say I serve myself first and foremost. So long as that is accomplished, then I am happy to serve the Edge, as she has served me well.

I am young yet, as is he. We've much to learn of the world and what roles fate should have us play.

Mirage is speaking again and my ears flick forward with interest, eyes bright with a curiosity that ails me so. I had been so absorbed with Aaron I'd scarcely glanced at Romani, but as Mirage welcomes her and speaks of the Foothills, I know it's from where she hails. I had not recognized her, but we have had many new recruits as of late.

I tilt my head, observing her unabashedly. She seems happy, for a mare recently without a home. I wonder if the Foothills was so terrible a place they a glad to have it taken?
I should not think such, the battle still wages with no victor yet claimed, perhaps they will arise victorious yet.

I realize that I know hardly anything at all about the Foothills. As it is with most things, for all of us. Well I suspect Mirage and Rishima are rather wise, my greatest respect for them in that regard, but I think even they know hardly anything compared to all there is to know.

I'm getting sidetracked though.

I think I should see the Foothills for myself, and this invasion, before the battle is done. I have not the stomach or the mind for war, but perhaps I can help them find their way here.

I glance at them all again, nodding, as my body bursts into black rain and that into a crow.

I take to the skies with a silent caw cast down at them.
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Aaron of course noticed that Mirage did not answer his question... In fact it almost timed perfectly as Romani arrived. Brown eyes lit up at the sight of the once stolen warrior. Had she joined the Qian now that the Grey owned the Foothills? She spoke to Mirage as well and the young crafter remained quiet until she was done. "I'm alright Romani, I wish I could say that for those that were on the battlefield..." Here his eyes glanced to Mirage, wondering if Romani knew she had asked those of the Qian not to fight.... That was not what mattered now. Mirage was speaking again, allowing him to return. He nodded and spoke with less anger in his voice than before. "This is Alanna, I gained her not long after I left to study under your brothers... Unfortunately the Grey had other ideas for that situation." Madryn and Maskan had also been taken from the Foothills by the Grey... That fact alone surprised him. How had they managed to take them on? Both had always seemed like a formidable force in battle...

It was the thought of battle that brought him to the other reason he had wanted to speak with Mirage. Since he was now a Crafter in World's Edge... Maybe just maybe his idea for a wall of protection would be allowed. In fact, what if they worked with those of the Dragon's Throat? Surely they would support such an act to protect the boarders or both herds. "I have many ideas to speak with Lace on, but one was the idea of a wall of protection for World's Edge, with maybe some help from the crafter of Dragon's Throat? I was going to do the same in the Foothills.... But that coward of a leader never showed up for me to ask to begin work." His tone turned bitter towards the latter of his sentence. How could someone related to Kimber be so cowardly? It was a fact the paint could not comprehend very well.

In the mean time while everyone had been talking another had arrived. Alanna noticed the quiet black stallion first, yipping a welcoming to him. She then continued to get closer to Mirage, very curious about the big lizard creature her bonded was speaking to. Gently she pawed at Mirage's right leg, unsure of the shiny scales that covered the WeyrLeader's body.

Et Spiritus Sancti