the Rift

Let The Light Shine Through Roses(Open)

Black Robin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
My wings ache. So do my hooves. Funny, actually, how both my tools for air and land feel like a freight train just ran over them. I land with a thud and drop onto the ground, just lying there staring at a small ladybug. I remain there for a moment, pondering whether I just heard a shuffling of feet or if it was me. I rise and hobble on my young yet tired feet towards the sound. My nostrils are wide and air races in and out of them like a distressed dog. I trot faster, my Thoroughbred lines slipping into my mind. I slip into a long, lanky canter, not going for show this time.

When I arrive into the midst of the other creature, I snort, thinking back to the home before this one. Or should I really say home? No. My mind wanders and I end up plopping my head into a tree. A curse slips out of my throat into the humid air. I flap my wings to air out the beads of sweat gathering on my back as well as my feathery attachments. I stomp, now standing and not walking, when my aching wings scream at the muscle use once again.

"Hello. How's your life going?" My slight but steady voice fills the air, and my heart beats faster as my dark brown orbs see who I am talking to- a unicorn. How elegant. I shouldn't hold it against her, but she has so much a liking to Kindling that I can't help but gasp. Well, except for the fact that Kindling had the biggest wings I have ever seen, and this mare has a spiky horn that I hope to be on the good side of. I hope she thinks I sucked in my breath at her beauty. It would cause a question of why. I hate whys. They annoy the heck out of me sometimes. Because who would ask why or what if when it is only a matter of opinion? Many arguments started that way. Kindling hated me for arguing about them all the time. That was before she decided that being her sister didn't give me the right to control her. And left. Good for her.

Maybe this off-in-another-world chick won't be like that.

Messages In This Thread
Let The Light Shine Through Roses(Open) - by California Luck - 03-05-2013, 03:02 PM
RE: Let The Light Shine Through Roses(Open) - by Black Robin - 03-05-2013, 08:54 PM
RE: Let The Light Shine Through Roses(Open) - by Elizabeth - 03-05-2013, 11:02 PM
RE: Let The Light Shine Through Roses(Open) - by California Luck - 03-06-2013, 11:56 AM
RE: Let The Light Shine Through Roses(Open) - by Black Robin - 03-06-2013, 08:41 PM
RE: Let The Light Shine Through Roses(Open) - by Elizabeth - 03-06-2013, 09:39 PM
RE: Let The Light Shine Through Roses(Open) - by California Luck - 03-09-2013, 10:27 PM