the Rift

torture me till the very end [Open]

Leyra Posts: 88
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 3 years
Dark
Pain.

So much pain.

It was impossible to bear. I was going to crumple into a shriveled pile of flesh. There was too much pain. By now I had forgotten about saving the small pegasus filly. I wouldn't make it. I had stumbled up one of the mountains. Very stupid of me, yes I know. If any unicorns decided I should be punished or tortured for helping this little filly I would be screwed. I would probably topple over and roll down the mountain, collecting snow as I roll down in pain.

I wince as I stumble, my right leg and shoulder scraping against a large and pointy rock. I sigh, life was going horribly for me. The only time I saw Frost these days was when she suckled, which wasn't very often for she was slowly beginning to eat grass. And then Mauja... no. I wouldn't think about him, for it forced my heart to ache even more than it already did. Thinking about Descaro... that pained my heart even more. These days I couldn't think about anything without it hurting my heart.

My delicate heart, as fragile as a thin layer of glass.

It was sad, I was a sad, lone mare with no life. I had no one to love, no one to watch over me. I was alone. I was utterly alone in this big world. The cold wrapped around my body, the only comfort I had. Encasing me in a feeling of numbness, the air seems to caress me with cold arms. I shiver, the cold seeping under my skin. I look up, the clouds hiding the sun that warmed the earth. The sun dared to peak out from behind a gray cloud, but the rays of warmth last only a moment before the sun is hidden once again.

I glance below me, my blue orbs searching for any sign of life down below me. I'm cautious as I step along a ledge, halting at the mouth of a cave. I glance in before stepping away from it, afraid that there was a creature inside that would attack me.

I'm just too weak, too vulnerable.

Without thinking I begin to shout."I DON'T UNDERSTAND, ALL I DID WAS HELP THE POOR PEGASUS GET AWAY FROM THESE BASTARDS!" I close my mouth, realizing I had made a big mistake as my words bounced around the Basin. I wait, the racist unicorns would be coming soon, crowding around like vultures to peck at a dead creature. Only, they'll be pecking me to death.

[[If anyone wants to attack Leyra go right ahead. ;) If you want to know what happened before this thread just look at this thread: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=5128 ]]
I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much,
And my scars remind us the past is real
I tear my heart open, just to feel

[Image: 2jewqqh.jpg]

Zar'roc Posts: 22
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Archeon :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire paddeh
Zar'roc
They had stayed within the basin after meeting with the General, though he still needed to meet with Psyche. His mind had been made. He wanted to join the Basin- he was already in the Plague anyways. He made a note to try and meet with the Empress after this. Archeon danced around, plodding along as the flames licked his coat. Zar'roc was still getting used to the sight of the flames that encompassed his companion's body without affecting him. They started to climb up one of the mountains, scaling up one of the steepest parts. Zar pushed himself, leaping forward, muscles coiling, as snow billowed out behind him as he moved his way up the mountain. Archeon bounded along, sprinting ahead and resting, tongue lolling out as he watched Zar'roc slip up the side. A smirk filled the face of his companion, which kind of peeved the stallion. He reached a flat area and lowered his head, chest heaving and clouds billowing from his nares. Archeon weaved between his legs, the flames tickling as he brushed bast him. Zar narrowed his eyes. "Sometimes, I swear you're more a bother then anything." Zar'roc huffed, stomping a powerful hoof into the ground. A snicker escaped from Archeon who looked up at him with innocent gold eyes. 'I DON'T UNDERSTAND, ALL I DID WAS HELP THE POOR PEGASUS GET AWAY FROM THESE BASTARDS!' The voice echoed, it was near by. Help a pegasus? That did not seem right for one in the Basin. A grin filled the stag's face as he looked at Archeon and started his way towards the voice, keeping quiet as well as he could.

He soon reached a blue mare speckled with white, and she was a unicorn. Zar'roc snorted, coming up behind her. "One should not shout such things. Especially one of the Basin, of all places." Zar said darkly, a smile filling his eyes, crimson orbs examining her figure. Archeon snapped at her heels, weaving through her legs before slinking next to Zar and staring at her with sharp, examining gold eyes. "It might turn out to be... dangerous." Zar said, lunging towards her before rearing up, aiming to hit her ribs with his front hooves. This, was probably something he shouldn't be doing- or maybe it was? But it felt so good to fight again. He had not in awhile.

OOC: left that open ended attack fro you if she wants to dodge it or whateverrr ^^
IMAGE CREDITS

Elizabeth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Elizabeth
the fallen

I walk against the crisp cool sky during a light wintery day in the Aurora Basin. Hooves are always moving, always messing up the smooth snow that lays itself before me. I laugh, a cynical one, thinking of crushing the snow beneath me. Some day I want it to be a real horse that lays there dying, bleeding out their blood. I imagine drinking it, taking their life energy and bringing it into my own. Warriors always have weird understands of life, and I shake my head. Nothing about hornless, even their spilled blood, would touch my beautiful unicorn insides. I believe it would melt me, completely destroy me. I shake my head again, feeling the poison of my mind slowly sink deeper into my dark skin. I would poison myself eventually, perhaps go insane, and I would make hell all the better. I laugh, my voice ringing across the snowy landscape. I see a white stallion, leonine tail at his backside, a horn of his head of course, and a hellhound of black, red, and blue. They seem to be attacking a blue unicorn mare. I wonder what the hell is going on, but her words reach my ears before I seem them.

I seer my black lithe body in their direction, joining the white in the game of torture, usually reserved for the unworthy, but this time it was necessary. I try to avoid her sight and come around on the other side, so that we together form a circle. I try to bite and poke at her with my horn, mostly just toying with her at first. “Tell me scum, why did you save a pegasus? You’re a unicorn GOD DAMIT. Act like one, for the Time God’s sake.” This time I aim my brindled black horn at her shoulder, trying to jab at her connection point. I turn around and kick my back hooves, aiming to catch her silly ass in the face and neck. My fury has gotten the best of me, and I want to be the crap out of her. “Those of us with brains, such as I, will take no such talk. I will see your death out myself if I have to.”

"blah blah blah."

Deceased
Dark
Screaming out in a herd of racist unicorns was a stupid idea. I swivel my ears back, and I tilt my head to get a better look at the stallion who was walking towards me. His coat was a light color with coal black points. A small pup weaves through his legs, small pink tongue lolled out. That is, until they saw me. The stallions' gold eyes look at me cruelly, and I can tell this wasn't going to be fun.

The stallion creeps up from behind me, telling me that one of the Basin should not shout such things. "I think I know this." I roll my eyes, murmuring to myself. I suddenly feel something nip at me. Glancing down, I see the small pup sinking it's small fangs into my hock. I squeal as pain surges through my body. I shake my leg, spattering small droplets of blood everywhere. I step back, scared as the pup retreats back to it's bonded.

The stallion's words drift into my ears before I hear shuffling behind me. In an instant my sides scream with pain as a crimson fluid begins to leak from my sides. I watch the stallion's hooves withdraw and I squeal in pain. I don't even try to defend myself, or, I don't really put any effort into it. I give a weak buck towards the stallion before stumbling forward, barely able to hold myself up.

And then, it all get's worse.

Another set of hooves joins the stallions', showing that another horse has come to torture me, or save me? I think they may tell the bastard off, but instead they begin to jab me and bite at me. I squeal in pain as their horn jabs into my side. I whip around, facing a dark mare. She has white stripes that run along her back, and a silvery mane. I wince as she bites my hock, a little angered. I step away as she tries to jab her horn into my shoulder. I feel it drive through the flesh. I scream, finally answering her question. "I TRIED TO HELP...." I shake, my body trying to fight the pain. "I-I was trying to... help... she..." I wince, almost tumbling to the cold stone ground."She.. was being, tortured." I let out a scream as the mare withdraws her horn, and instantly a wave of blood spurts from my many wounds. Instantly I feel hooves collide with my chest. I stumble backwards, panting.

Let... this... stop... now.

Zar'roc
As Archeon's teeth sink into the legs of the mare, she says 'I think I know this.' I seethe, red ruby eyes narrowing. What a smart ass. A black and white mare appears, moving behind on her other side so we form a circle like sharks around her- she is smart. Her horn dives into the mare and that spurs me forward. I watch my sharp flints sink into her side, and a smile fills my face. Adrenaline dumps into my body as I pull back- hoping that some of the ribs broke. I notice she does not fight back- and some of the satisfaction drains from me. But it also fuels me forward.

'Tell me scum, why did you save a pegasus? You’re a unicorn GOD DAMIT. Act like one, for the Time God’s sake. Those of the Plague, such as I, will take no such talk. I will see your death out myself if I have to.' My eyes instantly snap over to her, and I have an urge to kick her straight in the jaw. She mentions the plague so nonchalantly in front of this pegasus loving unicorn. The plague was to be kept secret. She acts as if she doesn't know this! THe anger boils inside me, and as I lurch forward at the pegasus-loving mare I twist my body around, aiming and kicking my hind legs out and hoping to hit her in the chest or where I had struck her first. As my legs swing away, I also hope they at least nick the black and white mare slightly- anywhere really- before I pull my legs back towards be and quickly jump around to face both of them again. Archeon stands a few feet away, watching the whole thing with a bored expression on his face. I turn to the one helping me attack, leaning towards her. I barely listen to the words coming from the mare we were attacking before I say, "This unicorn mare is to be kicked out most likely, maybe someone should go fetch Psyce. I could possibly send Archeon, or one of us could go." With the mention of his name, Archie bounds forward, tongue lolling out the side- the mention of a 'mission' causing excitement to fill his gold eyes. I wish that I knew what his ability was- or at least that he could use it. But he was only a pup. The flames flicker on his body, and the thought crosses my mind. While to flames do not affect me- would they burn another? I step away from them both and Archeon follows. I whisper to him and he immediately lunges forward, flames growing as he hopes to burn the traitor unicorn.

OOC: So, about Archeon burning her, she can dodge him or whatever, that was kind of hard to write without powerplaying, since I wasn't able to ask you before. Buuut yeah :3
IMAGE CREDITS

Deceased
Dark
[[It's been over 48 hours, so I'm gonna reply now. ;)]]

The silver marked mare had been screaming, and now that I think about it, what was the Plague? Tilting my head, despite the pain, I try to figure out what it meant. The Plague... a disease? Do they spread diseases? Of course not, that's something a foal would think! Shaking my head, I wince as pain floods through my body. A new wave of blood seeps from my wounds, and from one of the other horses' perspectives, my eyes would've dulled a bit.

I was so lost in my pain I didn't see the black hooves coming for me. Cloven hooves strike my chest, scratching it slightly as he pulls away. There would definitely be a bruise there. I could already feel the pain rushing in. Jerking away, I tumble backwards. Again. My coordination had gone down the drain as soon as the pain started up. Shaking and cold, I look up at the horses.

"W-why are you doing this?" I leave no time for them to reply, reeling backwards, I fling myself away from them. I heard something about Psyche and kicking as I ran farther away from them. I didn't need them, I didn't need anyone. Crystalline tears slide down my cheeks, and I suddenly realized I did need a few horses. Frost Fyre, Descaro... and... Mauja. With my head tucked towards my throat, I gallop faster and faster, screaming out in pain once I was past the Basin's borders. My head, my heart, my body. It all hurt, and everything was going numb. From the cold, from the pain. All of it.

With cloven hooves pounding the earth, I run from the Basin. From Helovia. From everything. Where I would go, I didn't know. I just knew, I would run. I would run until my legs gave way. I didn't care. No one cared for me. At least, that's what I thought.

[[Go head and reply if you'd like. Just skip me. ;)]]

Roland Posts: 230
Aurora Basin Phantom atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 8 yrs HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Glo

A scream ripped through the air suddenly, carried by the wind down the whetting stone that was the mountain peak. Knee deep in snow, Roland froze in place as the pained shriek shattered the calm like sharpened claws against a sheet of metal. The bitter gales tugged at his mane, forelock blowing over his eyes as he tensed in shock. It was cooler by the mountains even in Tallsun, and the wind that swept down from the high peaks buffeted him like a current of water. The stallion’s fur was fluffed against the cold, but a shiver wracked his body like a spark travelling down his spine as more shouting followed the blood curdling wail.

The sounds of heated dispute echoed across the shelves of rock like a rhythm of foreboding war drums, and the very noise seemed to darken the bright day. Roland turned about in search of the altercation, eyes wide and heart pounding. There were shapes moving against the cliff face, darting around each other as if engaged in a violent dance. A heavyset mare was lunging towards the smaller unicorn, horn aimed to sink into the flesh. The air was perforated by another cry as the Friesian retreated with blood on her crown and a small pup darted in, wrapping its small jaws around the roan’s hind leg. A growing look of concern appeared on the dun stallion’s face as he moved towards them, jerking into a trot. His hooves slipped clumsily over the stones littered across the cliff, fighting his way through the snow as he neared the warring group.

A steel gray stallion stood off to the side, and Roland came to a halt beside him, a sick feeling swimming in his stomach as he looked on. The pup lunged once again at the spotted mare, its youthful body wreathed in volatile flame. The blue roan’s coat was stained heavily with blood, steeped in the colour of pain and suffering. She stumbled over her limbs, hooves plunging into the snow as she uttered a cry of questioning. Another scream echoed off the rocks as the mare turned and galloped away, leaving the trio behind. The sympathetic look in Roland’s eyes melted away into a cold gaze as he turned his head to look at the stallion beside him, casting a wary glance at the pup standing at his heels.

What was that about?” He questioned carefully, expression schooled into a look of indifference. His voice did not betray his shaken resolve, but there was a look of confusion in his bright, sapphire eyes. He hadn’t been part of the Basin long enough to know of their ways, and as of yet the direct knowledge that they were a racist herd had not made its way to his ears though the seed of suspicion had been planted in his chest. He could only guess at what the roan mare had done to endure such a beating, for she had a horn crowning her head just like the rest of them. As a witness to the brutal attack, he could have done nothing to stop it. There had been mention of their leader’s name carried to him by the wind as he approached, and if she was going to be summoned to look upon the grim scene, clearly she would not have disapproved of their actions. Roland would pretend to be of the same mind set, even if every muscle in his body had ached to strike out at the attackers.

(Hope you don't mind that Roland popped in, though I'm not sure if this thread was closing or not?)

walk walk walk
"talk talk talk"

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Sometimes he wondered if he wanted to die, when he was climbing the mountains in spite of their buffeting winds and the deep snow upon their slopes. He was a horse, not a goat, and not really meant for the crags and narrow, winding paths, but he was also stubborn as a donkey and refused to let something as trivial as bloodlines defeat him. If he wanted to climb mountains, he was damn well going to do it, without dying. Grunting under his breath he kept following his trail, which was not wide enough for him to turn around on and go back either. On one hand the cliff rose, and on the other, it fell away in a steep slope, though he could see it lessening up ahead. Perhaps he should just call it a die before he actually tripped, and take the opportunity of going down to a lower altitude... Mauja narrowed his eyes and kept his focus, neatly placing frosted hooves upon the dark path. No snow clung to it, as the winds had scoured it mostly clean, but he was wary of ice or loose footing. While he was sure he'd survive a roll down the slope, he wasn't too keen on experienced the pain (and humiliation). After all, Irma was watching him with amusement, and he had a notion she'd find it highly entertaining if he did fall.

As it was, he nearly did, when Leyra's voice rang out across the range. Mauja froze where he was, and his ears flickered nervously, listening to the sleeping mountains: none of them rumbled, and only after several tense moments did he remember to breathe again. At least she hadn't sent an avalanche down on him, which would've been very rude if she had. Drawing in a lungful of cool arctic air he tried to calm the hammering of his heart, and as he drew forward on his path again Irma went ahead, to look at why on earth Leyra had been crying. She kept her visions to herself as she swung around the peak, searching for the mare, but Mauja had picked up his pace anyway, worried.. worried for her, and worried for what she had seen. Sometimes the greatest threat to their secrecy came from within, and with his recent run-in with Ari and Lana... he was quite worried, to say the least. Snorting, he came onto the slightly snowy landing, the slope manageable down to where the other horses were. He could see the light glancing off Leyra's snow-capped hind end as she tore away, down the slopes, heedless of her own safety. He smelled blood, saw it spatter the ground at Zar'roc's feet and glint upon Elizabeth's horn. Roland, the new stallion, stood with them, asking a question Mauja very much would like answered too.

What the hell had they attacked her for? What had she done? Even if she'd tried to interfere with something — a Pegasus, by the sounds of it, and his mind went to Lana's ragged state — it was no reason to attack her.. to filthy their own weapons with the blood of a unicorn. Mauja drew a deep breath as he looked down upon them from where he stood, trying to bridle his anger and force it down. He had to figure out the facts before he snapped. Perhaps she'd started it all, but.. it didn't seem like her. "Zar'roc!" he bellowed, mostly to let them know that he was there, and coming down. He didn't know if Elizabeth held any rank but he considered her to be somewhat of an idiot anyway, and he didn't know how much Roland knew or not.

Snow cushioned his hooves as he stepped of his landing, and he could feel loose pebbles rattle under as he sank through. Turning himself so he faced slightly sideways he cautiously placed each hoof before placing his weight on it, and with only a shower of snow he clattered down beside them, outside a cave and with Leyra's blood-flecked escape trail before his eyes. "Report." The command was curt; he had no desire to ask how they were all feeling on this particular day. He wanted to know what had transpired, and why, and if they had any brains at all. His blue eyes were impassive, neutral; little of his white figure gave the suppressed anger away, as one ear flicked lazily back to listen to the world around them, wary of a delayed avalanche with all the ruckus.
Our souls entwined and unafraid
Credits
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Zar'roc
I am done for now. I do not want to kill her, that would give me no pleasure. She had a horn on her head and I was not worthy to kill one of my own species. Unless they were a traitor to the Plague. But she was not apart of the plague. She stumbles back and falls, and the slightest of sympathy crosses my mind- but that quickly dissolves. I flick my lions tail back and forth, coal black legs meeting cloven hooves that are pressed firmly into the uneven ground. Archeon trots up to me, leaning against my legs. He is one month now and I've come to really enjoy his presence.

'W-why are you doing this?' Before I am able to open my mouth she skitters back, bolting away and out of the Basin. I step back before I notice the presence of another unicorn. I swivel my head to look at his golden body. 'What was that about?' I show no emotion, but inside I grumble and I won't let myself roll my eyes. I needed to clean up my act. I needed to stop acting on impulse and being so brusque. 'Zar'roc!' The voice that I hear makes my blood run cold, and I freeze. Shit. Shit. Shit. I am in trouble. Deep trouble. I still show no emotion and listen to the Frostheart make his way up the mountain. I turn my head to look at him crimson eye's plain. Not cold, not warm. 'Report.' His voice was sharp and demanding, and I bite back my tongue. Doesn't he realize he's not the King anymore? He shouldn't make such demands so rudely. Lie, Zar'roc, lie.

"That mare confessed to going against her kind to help a pegasus. She also called are kind cruel and many other insulting names. I quote: 'help the poor pegasus get away from these bastards!' She insulted myself, you, psyche and this mare," I say, motioning my head to the black mare with three white stripes. I turn my striking red orbs back to Mauja, and Archeon huffs, signaling his boredom and hunger.

OOC: I srsly almost put "SHE CALLED YOU FAT!" But xD
IMAGE CREDITS
[Image: aagbkp.png]
lines by tamme <3

Roland Posts: 230
Aurora Basin Phantom atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 8 yrs HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Glo

Despite his mind being caught up in a whirlwind of emotions and thoughts, Roland didn’t miss the discrete eye roll that the steel gray stallion cast him. He still felt awkward and out of place amongst the herd of hardened, acclimatized unicorns, seeing himself as a sort of rose among thorns, but he had swallowed his inhibitions in order to understand the matter at hand. A slight frown creased his forehead as a strong gale pulled at his mane and howled through every crevice in the mountain side, but he held his tongue. Self preservation was always at the forefront of his mind and he’d hate to get on the wrong side of the two standing before him, especially when a hellhound stood at their feet. He eyed it with guarded curiousity, having seen very few in his life.

As the clattering of rocks sounded from behind him Roland turned to face the ascending slope of the mountain, eyes coming to rest on the pale spotted form of Mauja. The last time they had met had been by the hot springs, when the Frostheart and others had welcomed him into their ranks as a Phantom. Though he hadn’t exactly been kind to begin with, they had parted on better terms and Roland did not think poorly of the stallion. The amount of respect he’d gained for Mauja meant he was a very welcome face in a situation the dun didn’t quite feel at ease in. He did not smile or even call out in greeting, but simply bowed his head a fraction in acknowledgement.

Mauja’s voice was icy and threatening, echoing off the stone walls as he approached with snow rippling around his hooves. Anger seemed to pour from him in waves as he neared, frosty gaze fixed on the pale stallion one could only assume was Zar’roc. Roland retreated a step, mindful of his footing as he maneuvered backwards over the steep slope. He wanted no part in this argument and already regretted his decision to investigate; clearly this wasn’t something he should become tangled in. Nervously his eyes tracked the dark drops of blood that pockmarked the snow, leaving a crimson trail in the wake of the fleeing mare. A sick feeling settled in the pit of his stomach as Roland drew his gaze from the red ground and eyed the trio before him.

He found himself holding back a grimace at Zar’roc’s words, pulse quickening in his chest as he fought down frustration and repulsion. What exactly was going on here? He had lived alongside the Pegasi once, grown close enough to call them kin, and had never once thought poorly of them because of their lack of wings. Blinking slowly, he ignored the bitter taste in his mouth and filled his lungs with cool mountain air. A shadow seemed to have been cast over the sun itself, and despite its presence above them in the sky Roland felt no warmth upon his skin. “Perhaps a wiser move would have been to take the mare to Psyche? She’s no good to us now that she’s run away,” he ventured cautiously, knowing he had no real authority to make suggestions in this situation; but he threw caution to the wind and did so anyways, biting back every other comment he would have wished to add in.

walk walk walk
"talk talk talk"

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
He could feel his heart pound hollowly in his chest, each beat rippling through his body, echoing in his veins, in his ears, and somewhere deep in his soul the beast stirred, and reared its ugly head. It hissed at the sunlight, it hissed at Zar'roc, at Elizabeth, even at Roland, but Mauja merely closed his blue eyes for a moment and shoved it aside.. away.. breathed, buried it in air and snow and cold... Zar'roc's voice was neutral, and when Mauja opened his eyes again, his face the same; smooth, impassive, and the Frostheart found himself looking at Roland. The golden dun had backed away to give them space, and Mauja found himself wondering what he was even doing here. No blood slid along his horn. There was no stain upon him. Had he not partaken in it, after all? And why did he seem so.. he frowned. What did he seem? Troubled? Anxious? He voiced a suggestion, one that Mauja would've thought the obvious choice over attacking, but alas, here was the proof that he was wrong. "Seems that beating her up is a great idea to prove we're not bastards..." he muttered, not caring if Zar'roc heard or took affront. Some of the racists really needed to learn to keep their heads and horns down until the time was right. Leyra had been them for a long time. She could've been an asset, given the proper treatment.

Now.. who knew in which ears her voice would settle? Who knew which words would fly from her lips, to speak of the plight of a pegasus, and who would read the tale of her brutal treatment upon her body? Here, at least, Mauja could've hushed her, soothed her, ground her worries to dust with soft touches and spun tales.. out there? He scowled, shading his eyes from the sun as he watched her trail leading away. Too far away to call back. He doubted she'd answer, even if he'd tried. Flicking one ear, he turned back to the gathered ones, and quietly assumed that Zar'roc and Elizabeth might accept his commands, but might not agree with his reasoning. "The damage's been done anyway, but keep your heads down in the future." His eyes narrowed, and for a moment he looked at Roland again, then back to those he assumed were the culprits. Irma flashed into his mind, confirming that Roland had arrived after Leyra had gone, and somehow it satisfied him that his new Phantom wasn't stupid enough to start beating others up. "This was very unnecessary, and foolish. Don't do it again." Ever. Or I'll beat sense into your head.

If they fought among themselves, how could they ever rise? If they turned away their kin, how could they grow strong? Didn't he know that while he had loitered someplace else and let the Edge fall, Lena, the damn most nice and least racist mare of the Basin had fought horn and hoof for her home? She knew not of the darker workings of the unicorn herd, but she was valuable, an asset, another soul to work towards their common goal without knowing it. Leyra had been pissed at losing the Edge even if she'd not fought. She could've helped them take it back, but now she was running across the snow to gods know where. "Any questions?" Cool, collected, his face and voice smooth. Only the hardness in his eyes betrayed his anger.
Our souls entwined and unafraid
Credits
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here